sgiitk

Euro 4 cars!

I agree with Sanjay the swift is known for the good power to weight ratio. Though I love the k series engine but the low end torque and the buzzy sound of the G series will be missed . They should get the 1.4lt M series for swift which is on a low probability .

Well i dont feel the need to guess so much. Its almost sure that they are coming up with 1.2lt K-series in Swift. Thats the only modern petrol they are having now apart from the 1.6VVT in Sx4 which will be too big and costly for Swift.

there are rumors that a new 1.3 Lt M-Series engine is being developed or might be imported for the swift and the dezire.we might get to know more about it probably during the coming auto expo show scheduled next month.

Today while watching the news it was being said that without the BSIV fuel not introduced on time cars with BSIV engines might get damaged. hence extension of 6 mnths is being asked. So if this is the case how is maruti selling the Ritz,AStar with the Kseries engine and claiming it to be BSIV compliant are they just fooling the public or are these cars going to be damaged with the BS3 fuel they are using,could some expert put some light on this as i think some where the company is playing with the customers.

hy guys lets get some real expert views on the BS3 fuel being used in the current launched BSIV cars like the Ritz,A_Star etc are they going to get damaged using the inferior Petrol or the cars are not BSIV compliant which the company claims its all a mess when u see news on tv and they talk all about BSIV fuel being essential for the BSIV version cars.

There is no real issue at least in Petrol vehicle. There is just a minor tightening of Benzene and Sulphur regulations. Octane etc. remain the same.

Diesels do have a major tightening on Sulphur, and improvement in the Cetane ratings.

Cars should have no issues with either. The real point of issue was when led was removed - somehow went off without a whimper, though that was BAD for older engines.

The problem as far as I know is that BSIV vehicles can run without any trouble on BSIII fuels. The problem arises when BSIV vehicle is run on BSII fuel. That is the main reason that if you buy a BSIV vehicle today the dealer tells you to go for the premium fuels, which are of BSIII regulations all over the country.

So I will just conclude saying, don't fill BSII fuel in your new car, BSIII wont cause any harms.

Also this time the problem of non availability is in the North east regions, regarding supply of BSIII. The 11 cities that will be getting BSIV will get that on time.

The problem as far as I know is that BSIV vehicles can run without any trouble on BSIII fuels. The problem arises when BSIV vehicle is run on BSII fuel.

Come April 1st BS-II will be history. The issue may be high end diesels which may not like BS-III even due to the higher SPM.

....the dealer tells you to go for the premium fuels' date='

which are of BS-III[/quote']

The greatest con trick - Premium as of today in India is a BS-II Premium, and not BS-III Premium which must be 95RON. However, yes it is as good (or bad) as BS-III Regular.

If IOC has used the Moniker Premium on XtraPremium anywhere in the western world they would have been sued out of existence. It is not BS-III Premium. But then they are the sacred cows of Bharat sarkar.

As far as I know' date=' BS4 Innova is already there in the market! [/quote']

I really doubt so! According to reports earlier, Innova needed a Intercooler in order to comply with new norms. Never heard any updates since.

Bolero's BS4 avatar could be interesting because most probably Mahindra would have to do away with the lethargic DI engine & plonk a CRDI.

http://www.wheelsunplugged.com/ViewNews.aspx?newsid=5491

Reliance refinery becomes first to produce BS-4 diesel.

Mukesh Ambani-owned Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) has become the first Indian refinery to produce BS-IV compliant diesel and according to Business Standard, the first cargo of 25,000 tonnes of Euro-IV grade diesel from RIL

Its good to hear that an Indian company is the first to introduce BS4 fuel in India. This will open up a new class of cars to be imported to India - The Jaguar XF and high end Mercedes and BMW's. Then things will get really exciting. Audi Q7 V12 TDi with 500bhp anybody?