cartoos

New automatic car

Dear all,

Driving Wagon R manual transmission and Fiat Linea at the moment but wants to change Wagon R and upgrade to any automatic car around budget of Rs. 5 lakh. My office is in narrow road of Unauthorized colonies in Delhi (Mahipal Pur), therefore need small car for that.

Need your suggestions

Thanks all, This is what I am looking for but what is fuel average in the city at average speed of 20 kmph ?. Can some one put some light on that becuase I have heard that its little less in i10.

Hve read various reviews on T-BHP. On an average FE of 10-11 is reported. One thing I would suggest. Buy an automatic from HMP only cos they have correct information. Samara Hyunda told me that an AT is better because it has more power and better mileage. smiley13.gif

Also this thread might help you

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/59638-what-fuel-efficiency-i10-automatic.html

Let me clarify with my Santro AT (1.1 engine and not Kappa) I get around 9.5 per litre with the AC in pure city driving. In the winter this figure goes up by about 0.5 to 1.0 kpl. I  have seen contradictory reports about the i10 all the way from ~8 to ~12. I will think you take my figure as a guideline and may be expect another 0.5kpl on top.

Hve read various reviews on T-BHP. On an average FE of 10-11 is reported. One thing I would suggest. Buy an automatic from HMP only cos they have correct information. Samara Hyunda told me that an AT is better because it has more power and better mileage. smiley13.gif

Also this thread might help you
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/59638-what-fuel-efficiency-i10-automatic.html

I have read horrible stories there about mileage and now I am again in dilemma.

What exactly happens are two things. Say your road conditions are such that the system is in between the second and third gear. Then hard driving will keep you in second while a gentler approach will keep you mostly in third. Voila tow persons

Secondly, in an AT if you are gentle with the throttle you may reap a very big benefit. I suspect that the extreme reports are for a single tankful when the pump can easily err by 1-1.5 litres in defining Full.

I bought my first AT in 1999 (Zen Carb) and then a second one in 2005 (Santro) so I think I have a bit of experience in these matters.

Fuel efficiency does  get penalised in a n automatic. i10 auto is said to be giving around 9 kmpl.

(source: ownership reports @ teambhp.com)
This is where I am reading all kind of ghost stories about FE and scaring me a lot, now I don't know how to proceed.

Automatic gear system working by torq pressure & RPM concept.

It is designed to change gears when the torque load is reducing.

In manual you can judge the gear shift then you can change it quickly, but in automatic it has wait till the set torque pressure acheives.

Finally in automatic you will good driving pleasure in city traffic, but you have loose FE.

Its your final decission to choose your gear type

i10 kappa auto' date=' anyday, no competition to it from anywhere.

very smooth and responsive
[/quote']

You are right, no competition but FE is great concern, I don't want to sell it off as soon as I buy. cartoos2009-09-09 17:13:31

Instead of buying an automatic you can also go for a car that has gear ratios in such a way that you need not use the stick much. For example i have heard that ANHC in 2nd gear can go all the way to 90kmph. Search for a car like that, then you will get fuel efficiency and less gearshifts both.

90 is the max' date=' but you can safely go upto 60-70 without the FE taking a major hit.[/quote']

I don't think thats a solution, this way Fe will drop to mare 5 to 7 Kmpl and also I hate ANHC for its price point and then I need small car not big as I already have Linea for that.