adit.mathur

New Honda City Gets New Goodies This Festive Seaso

It's confirmed now, honda has introduced a new V spec ANHC which gets the addition of alloy wheels and front fog lamps. My cousin booked his car today with delivery on the 20th of this month. The price of the V spec model is around 30k more than the S spec

The newer Honda City shall be launched on september 15.

The new City will feature improved interior quality, a new knob for its air-conditioning. The new City will also have refreshed exterior bits as well.

Two new trim levels will now be available for the City - the existing 1.5 S MT and the new 1.5 V MT and 1.5 V AT. The 1.5 E MT and 1.5 S AT have already been discontinued and are no longer available for booking. The 1.5 S will receive new colour options along with better quality interior trim as well as rotary controls for the airconditioning. There is some talk of the car also getting the multiplex display from the Civic, but that hasn't been confirmed. The V version might get leather interiors, 15-inch alloy wheels, fog lamps and the same changes as the S trim. Expect a price change in the region of 1-2 per cent for the S variant and the V variant to be priced in the region of Rs 9.2 to 9.7 lakh.

It would have been good if they would have decreased the price of city s-mt.

By introducing V variant of city and deleting E-variant of city, they will get a chance to increase the price of top end city...they just want to increase the gap between jazz and city....

There are chances of that but only minor. There is another logic in the market according to which the price of S-MT shall go down so that V-AT will compete with the corolla j variant. The Honda logic is that we are giving you a car that has more features than the Altis J and that too in an automatic gearbox.

But this is highly unlikely because Honda is not known for decreasing prices of its models. At most it will remain stationary.

@ rahul1810

People consider City as a competitor to Linea, SX4, Fiesta and Verna. By the way, who is buying the Altis J variant...!!!!

Honda needs to control the pricing of City quickly....though it will still sell like hot cakes...!!!!!

For me competition is not the segment but the cars priced near it. If you have to buy a car I shall look at all the options available at that price range. So I feel its justified to compare Altis J with City-V-AT, and also with optra.

@rahul1810

Does one even consider an Optra nowadays with Cruze just around the corner....!!!

Acc. to you, even you are looking for a car worth 8 lakhs, you would be considering the Jazz and i20 also...??

Yes I will, and as I am in a process of buying a car, I am considering them, especially Jazz seriously. I felt it to be a wonderful car, with space more than most sedans in its competition, interiors of better quality than the sedans in competition and boot of size just a little less than the sedans.

i20 is not as big, but big enough and had i been looking for a diesel car, it would have given Fiesta, Verna and Linea a tough fight.

And optra was an example, if you want a better one then had i been in a process of buying a car around 5-6 lakhs then i would have considered swift and ikon both among other cars.

For me when buying a car, price is the most important factor and next comes requirement, and then likes and dislikes.

imgprize1.jpg

This picture is taken from Honda India Site. City V Variant is standing on Right Side. It will come with Darker dashboard colours(also in S Variant), Chrome Handles, 15 inch Alloys and Fog Lamps (no Leather Seats). Below is the bigger image in which Alloy Design is very Clear. It will also come with Body Kits namely Elegance and Inspire (as in Civic). Launch date is 18Sept as confirmed by Honda Dealer in Amritsar(as he took advance from us confirming the date). Elegance will be:

Illuminated Side Step Garnish

Side Protectors

Fr/Rr Bumper Protectors

Back up Sensor

Exhaust Pipe Finisher Optional with S grade.2009hondacitytestdriver.jpg

About this, my source is :

Hi friends..

thnaks for this valuable informayion..which nonce of dealers are sharing as of now.

so as i understand in present 1.5v MT these will be changes

1. darker colour dashboard ,but some say it will be dual tone ,so what's truth.Well this is very important. can anybody tell me how much looks will be changed with this any pictures available

2. new colours

3. rotary control for ac vents.

4 newer fabric seats .is it just change in type or better cloth quality.

pls if some one can help me with these details.