Sudan

Maruti Suzuki manages to sell one lakh Swift Dzire

Maruti Suzuki has managed to sell a lakh of Swift Dzires just 18 months after its launch in India. MSIL launched the vehicle with the same petrol-diesel combination as the Swift and priced it between Rs 4.49 lakh and Rs 6.70 lakh rupees.

The company also said that it boosted production of Dzire from 4,000 units initially to 7,000 units a month now after people were getting tired of the 6 month waiting period that existing not very long ago.

source:http://indianautosblog.com/

we Indian like the car 'with a boot' smiley4.gif. but in my opinon its a hatch car 'with a bolted boot' .

Its not a hatch back or a sedan. Its called  Notch back-Thats what the maruti people call

well deserved numbers! I had actually booked a swift VDI but changed my decision to the dzire in the last minute! Bought it when it was launched around may08 and i have clocked about 19k without any issues! have done speeds of 165km/hr and i get a consistent economy of 15 in the city and about 18 in the highways! great vfm and i'm glad that i chose the dzire as my first car!

Yes, it does not look great, but i can live with it and have all that space in the boot for the long trips! the only grouse is the bad quality JK stock tyres and probably not-so-great braking. otherwise i think its way better than the logan/indigo/accent/ikon.