nitz2k

can i fit abs on my R15

I came across a site called saferideabs.com. They are selling abs for bikes for a resonable Rs.1250. I know the benefits of it. I am confused whether it can be fit in my R15. I mailed those people my query but they havent responded. can anybody pls help me. And also if it is so cheap y cant all bikes fit it. smiley19.gifsmiley3.gif

I fully agree. Unless you (or the person doing the fitments knows) and the stuff is standard on another model of the same vehicle - DO NOT. The risk far outweighs any potential gain. The price of Rs.1250 smells of snake oil.

Hello, I read your oppinions about the safe ride abs system and must say it is very effective and really safe and also easy to fit and the cost that the company is selling is also justifiable. That abs has saved me many times under hard brakings. I have it fitted to my Discover and my Pulsar my friends Suzuki GS150, Apache RTR 180 front and rear, pulsar 220 front and rear and they are very very happy by the results. Its easy to fit if you can get the instructions read properly. I think it can be fitted to R15 without any problems.

I saw the site, This is some guy's brain wave to give a ABS feel. The effectiveness of the ABS will be a issue since it does not work on the mechanical action of gears.

This is just a isolation mechanism were I guess on applying hydraulic pressure on the disc by the pads the additional reservoir isolates the hydraulic pressure leading to freeing of the disc from the pads and due to the limiting factor of the reervoir the oil pulsates through the line, however the release of the disc pads at a interval may happen, but is the interval correct does it actually help in maintaining control,the site states that it does not help in adverse road conditions defeats the very purpose of ABS, does it increase the braking distance needs to be seen.