Pranab.p

I need a new car need help: 12-14 lacks

hi am looking for a new sedan > budget 11-14 lacks..

new civic 2009, altis and i could wait for gm cruze

i need a manual trasmission...i would prefer petrol but diesel is also okay. my car will run about 1000 km a month.

it should be drivers car... but it also should be comfortable behind ( if my dads using the car )

the milege / average should be very good..

i will be using it for 5 years minimum..

i need all this info to such as >safety, reliability, fuel economy, warranties, operating costs, theft rates, general features, and options

thanx please reply soon

pranab

The new Civic is the best that you can get(only if you compare altis with civic)...the looks of the Altis is no where near the Civic(according to me)..The Altis is like a butler who is there in the room but no one notices it...

Regardin safety..Civic is the safest..(from experience) ..it SAVED ME AFTER MY FRIEND'S CIVIC(IN WHICH I WAS TRAVELLING) FLIPPED 7 TIMES AFETR HITTING THE DIVIDER...G-CON BODY.. smiley2.gif

I will limit myelf to the eternal question - Toyota or Honda. Just remember the service interval for the Civic is 5000km/every six months while Toyota is double of this.

Take your choice, you cannot go wrong.

hi am looking for a new sedan >

- budget 11-14 lacks..  wait for gm cruze 

- my car will run about 1000 km a month. so diesel justified
-it also should be comfortable behind  GM is known for best suspension

the milege / average should be very good  so Diesel here
i will be using it for 5 years minimum.. so no worry on resale' date=' GM ok

safety(all 3), reliability(all 3), fuel economy(CRUZE), warranties(3 yrs CRUZE), operating costs(Diesel CRUZE + zero maintainance on CRUZE), theft rates(all 3),  general features and options (TD and see)

So CRUZE all the way
 replied soon
pranab[/quote']

Skoda Laura is a brilliant car that looks brilliant too, but Skoda is a risk that you take. Ask about the local Skoda experience before thinking about skoda. Among the others I would prefer Civic, though you would not go wrong with Altis either but the Honda engine is in a different league all together.

But better wait for the Cruze before you decide. With the company still in recovery mode I expect a very aggressive pricing from them.

I was in a similar situation sometime back. I was waiting for the new civic to get launched before deciding between the altis and civic. Then one of my friends suggested?I test drive the Laura. I was immediately smitted by the engine. Its has direct pertol injection, which is supposed to be the most fuel efficient technology. The engine is extremely refined and its got 250Nm torque from a rediculously?low?1500rpm. Plus its got 160 horses?from 4500rpm all the way to 6200rpm. The acceleration is?phenominal, it litreally pins you?back into?the seat.?

?

You should definitely test drive the Laura 1.8TSI before deciding on the other options.

The petrol variant of the cruze may take a while to get launched. Sometime in Feb next year.
CYRUS432009-09-11 17:38:18

hey guys.. yesterday one of friends told me about the jetta .. is it good ? is it better then civic/ altis/ cruze ?

i had never thought about the jetta.. but am considering now... give u help me with details of the car

thanx

if petrol laura 1.8 tsi is a good option (good overall package compared to others)

163ps & 250 Nm torqure, best ride & handling.

& if diesel wait for chevy cruze..good engine,loads of features 320 orque 150 ps power ( start stop button,rain sensing wipers)

hey guys.. yesterday one of friends told me about the jetta .. is it good ? is it better then civic/ altis/ cruze ?

i had never thought about the jetta.. but am considering now... give u help me with details of the car

thanx

Jetta is a wonderful car with a great torquey 1.9 diesel engine which gives great performance as well as is very fuel efficient.

Jetta is a very good handler as well as rides very well. The build quality of exterior as well as interior is great.

Nowadays there are various schemes offered by VW dealers which make the jetta a worthy buy.

I would suggest you wait for the launch of the Chevy Cruze and then test drive the Civic, Jetta, Laura, Corolla and the Cruze of course. It is worth looking at a diesel, considering your monthly mileage.

Civic and Cruze are the better looking of the lot. Both the Jetta and the Laura are solid cars and have that typical european sturdiness, while the Corolla is a good all rounder.

My pick:

Petrol - Civic

Diesel - Cruze

you can either safely chose among the civic or the altis or instead take a risk by buying the laura! the new laura is a great car and has a wonderful petrol unit!

Jetta should be ruled out as its power plants are not something to talk about.

My budget is 11 to 14 lacks. ( mumbai / bombay price )

Mainly it should be a drivers car ( for me driving it mostly ) but it also should be a very comfortable behind ( if my dads using it )

Easy on maintenance & fuel consumption ( atleast 10 km on city and 14 in highway )

every 2 months i go to my bunglow in pune.

i drive about 20 km a day.

Power more than 150 bhp; Torque at least 250 Nm.

i will be using the car for atleast 5 years

i have shortlisted a few cars - Honda civic2009, Corrola 2009 ( altis ), Gm cruze, VW jetta, and skoda laura

laura gets out of my budgets.. :(

please help me decide according to my options

I would also look at the Corolla Altis and the Civic. Skoda have service quality issues. Due to this this is one of the points where I will beg to difer from my friend DD.

You will be driving under 10,000km per annum. Now Civic has a service interval of 3 months with an oil change every six months / 5000km. Corolla is double of this. In other words while you are looking at two oil changes and four services a year with the former, you are looking at one oil + 2 services a year with the latter. Some hard earned moolah saved!

Both are superbly put together and should not have service problems. However, I have it on good authority that the spares for the Corolla are somewhat cheaper. The new Civic with its rear redone should no longer have the problem of hitting the deck at the drop of a hat (or bump).

It is a tough decision and only you can make the final choice. However, I will look at the Japanese vehicles only! Costwise the Altis is cheaper and better equipped - alloys, HID lamps, more on steering controls, ....
sgiitk2009-09-14 09:43:59