Pranab.p

I need a new car need help: 12-14 lacks

11-14lakhs, 150bhp, 25 kgm torque you have no other choice at present other than Skoda Octavia 1.8 TPI. Easy on upkeep and Fuel efficiency remains to be seen and is a big ?? Or as sgiitk says go in for the Japs especially the Altis and you will have a grin on your face that will grow wider with time.

Dont talk for octavia coz i aint intrested in an old car!!

i td the civic and i really didnt like it ( not at all worth 14 lacks.. i mean wtf are they pricing that piece of sh*t for 14 lacks )

i drove the altis 2day and i really liked it!! 100% value for money! > tommorow td the jetta and laura.. my dad is let me stretch my budget a bit more :)

now the question is should i wait for the cruze or just buy the altis coz the dealer told me from oct 1st theres going to be price hike of 20k..

my question is > poll to all > do u think the cruze will be a good car & how much do u think it will be priced ( since the company in banktuptcy.. do u think they will price and around 12-13 lacks ?

ty for suggestions

@sgiitk.

Altis has a service & oil change interval of 10000 kms or 1 year which ever is earlier. So it will be only 1 service per year.

For a better owner ship experience and peace of mind, go for Altis. Toyota also has better service setup and dealers.  

Hi!

I did test drive of Jetta.  Its good car. Comfortable driving.  FYI it was automatic.  As I have never driven automatic car so it was problem in getting used to it.  Fully of features.  Only lacking is that they have SD card slot. Blue tooth feature you can have it at an additional cost of Rs.35000+.

Diesel will cost you somewhere around Rs.26 lacs on road in Delhi.

I think your budget is not more than 15 lacs as in other thread you have mentioned the same budget.

Mods there are two similar thread so merge with it.

and 1 more think is it possible if car dealers can do daman registration ? wow so convinent daman gets ! 2lacks cheaper wow

then can look for auto to.

only if you have a property in the name of which you want to purchase the car

@sgiitk.

Altis has a service & oil change interval of 10000 kms or 1 year which ever is earlier. So it will be only 1 service per year.

You had me worried for a minute and I checked back. This is exactly what I wrote

Today I test drive Altis.  Car is overall OK but while breaking it was giving jerks and felt steering a bit heavy and clutch was also not smooth.

Dual AC not available, cruise control not there. I have not yet test driven Civic so can't say much.

But I feel Civic GC is very low and altis is having good GC.

I feel Altis will be a good option.

I would also look at the Corolla Altis and the Civic. Skoda have service quality issues. Due to this this is one of the points where I will beg to difer from my friend DD.

You will be driving under 10' date='000km per annum. Now Civic has a service interval of 3 months with an oil change every six months / 5000km. Corolla is double of this. In other words while you are looking at two oil changes and four services a year with the former, you are looking at one oil + 2 services a year with the latter. Some hard earned moolah saved!

Both are superbly put together and should not have service problems. However, I have it on good authority that the spares for the Corolla are somewhat cheaper. The new Civic with its rear redone should no longer have the problem of hitting the deck at the drop of a hat (or bump).

It is a tough decision and only you can make the final choice. However, I will look at the Japanese vehicles only! Costwise the Altis is cheaper and better equipped - alloys, HID lamps, more on steering controls, ....
[/quote']

Thanks Sgiitk sir.

recently during a test drive i cant believe that the sales persong actually tries to fool me and said that the service interval for civic is 10,000km

Today I test drive Altis.  Car is overall OK but while breaking it was giving jerks and felt steering a bit heavy and clutch was also not smooth.

Dual AC not available' date=' cruise control not there. I have not yet test driven Civic so can't say much.

[/quote']

This is not possible my friend ,altis has the lightest steering in its class, if you drive civic you will know how heavy it is compared to altis, and I dont think there are any problems with the clutch how ever there can be a problem with a particular car.. hence i request you to take a TD again from a different dealer

Dual AC not available' date=' cruise control not there. I have not yet test driven Civic so can't say much.

[/quote']

This is not possible my friend ,altis has the lightest steering in its class, if you drive civic you will know how heavy it is compared to altis, and I dont think there are any problems with the clutch how ever there can be a problem with a particular car.. hence i request you to take a TD again from a different dealer

Go for the Laura 1.8 TSi. It's way ahead of the competition as far as performance, technology and dynamic ability is concerned. Sure it doesn't have the futuristic interior of the Civic, but quality is awesome. Skoda's fledging service may be a problem, but the Laura is a quality product, and should not give you any trouble.