Pancham19

Hyundai i20...should i buy it..

What about Punto..Is it any better???

Compare this way     a base i20 price will be more or less equal to high end Punto. i.e, you ll get music system, PW, ABS,Airbag,Alloys,Blue & Me  .... blah blah.. , very good driving dynamics, world famous MJD, Looks,good built ...etc for the price of basic i20.

My choice will be Punto

So You decide,TD both cars, by the way how near you are going to buy one

If you can wait for few months you will get two more choice

VW Polo and Ford Fiesta hatch well within your budget.

Diesel: punto beats i20 hands down.

I did not understand on what basis you are saying that.

ACI in the mega-diesel hatchback shootout has declared i20 the winner. And obviously so because of its looks, power and equipment level.

So punto beating i20 that too hands down is something not easily comprehendable IMO.
akash_uranus2009-09-11 10:31:42

What about Punto..Is it any better???

?

Compare this way     a base i20 price will be more or less equal to high end Punto. i.e' date=' you ll get music system, PW, ABS,Airbag,Alloys,Blue & Me ?.... blah blah.. , very good driving dynamics, world famous MJD, Looks,good built ...etc for the price of basic i20.

?

My choice will be Punto

?

So You decide,TD both cars,?by the way how near you are going to buy one

If you can wait for few months you will get two more choice

VW Polo and Ford Fiesta hatch well within your budget.
[/quote']

Ya i have some time in hand..

how much will the VW polo cost..??

In my opinion if you have the budget for i20 then you should go for it. . But there is no reason to stretch for it, except if you dont have faith in the fiat brand.

Another car thats very good in this price range is Ritz, though not better than i20 in terms of space and quality, but it definitely has a better and more refined engine than the other three. Ritz and Punto quality are almost on par, Ritz has a better rear seat while punto has more boot space. The only gripe in Ritz according to me is the boot, little bit the looks but that differs from individual to individual.

Polo is expected to be launched during the Auto Expo in Jan, but I would not go for it instantly, because I want to see how much different is the VW from Skoda in terms of A.S.S.

I will suggest go for i20 or Ritz. I dont like the Punto in its petrol avatar much and will have to wait for some time to get more reassured about fiat.

Polo may be good car but In india service network of WW to be considered.

i20 may be good choice because of hyundai service network & proven kappa engine used in i10 & i20

I will be surprised if even the low end varient of polo cost lesser than 5lakhs on road mumbai ,but the engine would also be dumb 1.2lt fabia pot. I could have waited for it if only the 1.2lttsi engine was confirmed.

Diesel: punto beats i20 hands down.

Err , That might not be so easy to say!! 1.4 crdi is quite good too. GP might have been better off with the 1.3 MJD 90 bhp . But anyway both cars are brilliant.

I would say go for the 1.2 i20. The VW Polo will be launched in 2010 initially with 1.2 P from Fabia. No point waiting for it. Polo will get the 1.2 TSI and TDI only after sometime as per reports. So go ahead with the i20!

karanraheja2009-09-12 17:14:01

Thanks Karan..I want to go for i20..(may be i will too)...the features they are offering are amazing..not sure about VW's A.S.S...The hyundai sales person today called me and was asking me whether i am interested in booking or not...but I will still take some time..

So i20 it is... smiley4.gif

and i will definitely keep on posting the showroom experiences and etc...

Any advice will be appreciated..

Keep revving....

well I20-D was beaten by Punto in overdrive test.

(Overdrive recently did a small car shootout. They travelled from Chandigarh to Ladakh in 9 small cars. The cars were A-star, Ritz diesel, Swift petrol, i10 1.1, i20 diesel, Indica Vista diesel, Punto diesel, Jazz and Fabia Diesel.
At the end of the test, acc. to them i20 diesel was a disappointment on hills as there way no torque under 1800 rpm. They clearly mentioned that it was the worst of the lot. While comparing the Hyundai crdi and Fiat Multijet, Sirish from overdrive clearly said the Hyundai diesel doesn't stand a chance against the Fiat Multijet. Well, views are clearly from overdrive and not mine.)-posted by Nim12esh on  welcome Linea-page no.108.

The winner was Ritz DDis with fiat engine & i20 came lastsmiley12.gif
vinay rathore2009-09-12 18:38:39

Apart from i20 you can also try

1.Fabia-Offering discounts upto Rs.57000/-. ASS will be costly though.

2.Base variant Punto Diesel  should be within your budget. Check out the rear space though.

Problem with i20 is it is just a grown up eco hatch with no X factor and a tin body. If you decide to go by your heart a little then you should look somewhere else. Afterall one life,why so serious!!!smiley4.gif

Apart from i20 you can also try

?

1.Fabia-Offering discounts upto Rs.57000/-. ASS will be costly though.

?

2.Base variant Punto Diesel? should be within your budget. Check out the rear space though.

?

Problem with i20 is it is just a grown up eco hatch with no X factor and a tin body. If you decide to go by your heart a little then you should look somewhere else. Afterall one life' date='why so serious!!!smiley4.gif
[/quote']

1) Fabia would be a bit costly..(dont want to take base model)...and then there is A.S.S..which is no where near hyundai..

2) Punto base is not an option..Basically budget is not the factor..the features you are getting within a fixed budget (6 lacs) is the factor..i do not think i will get the cool features that are there in an i20 ASTA in a "base" Punto...

On road price of Punto Diesel Emotion (not emotion pack) in Kolkata is 6.17 lakhs. Only things you miss in respect to Asta are airbags & alloy wheels & in exchange you get a car with european build & style & not to forget a very frugal diesel. However as reports suggest that Punto have some niggling problems.

On road price of Punto Diesel?Emotion (not emotion pack)?in Kolkata is 6.17 lakhs. Only things you miss in respect to Asta are airbags & alloy wheels & in exchange you get a car with european build & style & not to forget a very frugal diesel. However as reports suggest that?Punto have?some niggling problems.

Dude..I survived a huge road accident

..the car (Honda Civic)

flipped 7 times as it hit a divider...wont mention the speed

smiley36.gifsmiley18.gif

Do you still think i would not go for airbags ..that also after spending 6 lakhs...

Right said Pancham; you don't know when you'll need the ABS EBD Airbag's so it's better to have it all in place. ABS is a boon and has saved me in many a situation and I won't know about the airbags like you did, and really wouldn't like to know, shudder to think, as I travel with the most precious people: my family, almost all the time. Acceleration of the Elantra may not give you much of a shove, but it's brakes can be felt in the small of the back; no drama and tracks straight even after almost 4 years of use, in panic braking situations.

If you want to buy a car now then go for i20 asta 1.2 kappa(if u want petrol car) or Fiat Punto 1.3 multijet(a diesel option) or wait for VW polo,Nissan Micra,Chevrolet Beat,Renault Sandero or Ford hatchback upto March 2010.