pra2veen

White lights for the swift ?

i got my headlight bulbs changed to philips blue vision after the shop keeper told me that they will be white rather than the normal  yellow glow. i realized that they're more powerful but not exactly white only after i installed them.

Does anybody know of a type of bulbs which are relatively cheap and look quite white ?? plz lemme know

Hi Praveen,

You'll have to install Xenon's to get the pure white light. Halogen give a yellow glow. But don't change to the high wattage ones it will require cut out's and may spoil your reflectors and clear len's in no time.

please dont put on those bulbs... no quality, it affects others also... i have a policy that my drive should not trouble other road users, no matter what my speed am on... " NO HIGH BEAM PLEASE  "

I am not sure about Indian Market. But in my Honda Accord (Gulf) I have been using the xenon lights for the past 1 and half years. I bought original ones which costs me around IRS 15000/- including the holder.....

Reflectors are affected only if the wattage is high, it also depends on car to car on how fast the reflectors fail with high watt bulbs.

My suggestion is not to install white lights, they don't help much apart from looking good. Personal experience says white lights are not able to penetrate the glare from oncoming headlights the same way as the regular bulbs.

FRG
FuelRunGod2008-01-01 14:22:11

hey i want to install these white xenon lights in my scorpio. can anybody tell me the approx cost and what modifications are to be done? will it affect the reflectors?

if you want more clarification refer the topic 'help with xenon' it will answer your doubts.further u can check 'changing headlights'.

Well first let the govt change into own Marathi number plate and put seat belts on there Ambassador then talk about road safety .

OFF TOPIC

I thought that after three  (or was it four) rebuffs from the High Court the State Government would have learnt the lesson. Obviously not.