Durango Dude

Great Skoda Fabia offer!

Rs.57,000 to be saved on the Fabia 1.2 Petrol Active and Classic and 1.4 Diesel Classic. Prices in Chennai start at Rs.4.4 lakhs ex-showroom. Those looking at affordable quality, take note; though the ASS is a different cup of tea.

This could mean one thing only, Polo launch is imminent and Fabia/Polo manufacture is underway, full steam ahead, at Chakan. These are my view's only. If Polo comes in around Diwali, this year, I think the hatch segment will be split wide open, whatsay?
Durango Dude2009-09-12 18:53:11

I guess this could indicate start of Fabia's production in India.

Otherwise also, there was no other alternative left than to dole out heavy discounts.

Anyhow, even 57k seems less of a discount to me for this ASS disaster. It should have been somewhere in the tune of 1L.

Polo is a good car but VW will have to come up with a diesel version too.

The VW group promised on increased localisation, and they have adhered to that. Now if only they would improve on their A.S.S front. Take a leaf from Chevrolet's book. Offer a three year cash free ownership guarantee, and then you will see cash registers ticking.

I doubt , that the VW Polo is imminent this year. AS far as after sales service of VW, i think its better than some skoda dealers. Anyway, i am waiting for VW Polo, especially if the company brings the car with its award winning engine.-- i think, its 1.4L engine won this year, im not sure which one petrol or diesel--.Well, we are earnestly waiting for its launch as we intent to get rid of our 10 year old tata indica, and buy a VW Polo.

Polo will be coming only in early 2010 with present Fabia engines.However the petrol 3 cylinder may be converted to a 4 cylinder one with 75 bhp output. Any information whether Fabia is also going to get the same engine? Then Fabia will be a good option as it is definitely more spacious than Polo.TSI engines are only expected in 2011 for Polo & Fabia.

I wonder why there is no discount for Ambiente variant of Fabia, or is there any?

they are just clearing stock, fabia's engine is need to be tweaked to comply with upcoming emission norms. Expect a new engine for fabia. they are making way for it by clearing old stock.

I think endless could be right. All the other comanpies are gearing up for th new emission norms and that could be a reason for skoda to try and get rid of the scurrent stock. Although that does not take waway the fact that its a very nice price for such a car. Barring the infamous aftersales, i think its a fantastic car.