Sign in to follow this  
rahul1810

Mahindra Duro and Rodeo to end Honda domination

Ending domination of Honda ? 

May not happen. 

But, yes, they will sell some numbers. 

Any 2-wheeler-buyer may go to an established player with a popular brand than go for a new product by a SUV-leader.  While M&M is a good brand and they may take some time to make it big in entry level scooters and motorcycles, I wish them all the best (being a satisfied user of their Xylo E8).

IMO both duro and rodeo cant match the technology and looks of honda scooters (dio,activa.aviator) and these kinetic scoots have the problem of low ground clearence which is big problem in our pothole filled indian cities

Although its hard to beat Honda but i think that Rodeo can become a good seller as it is not as heavy looking as Activa's so ladies or girls might prefer it like it was before with Scooty pep and then HH pleasure. But about Duro, it looks to compete directly with Access & Activa/Aviator but certainly will not succeed.

BTW, dont you guys think that Duro is a revamped Nova, no journalists or media person made that out but i somehow have a thinking that its basically a Nova.

Yes Duro is basically a revamped Nova with new ergonomics, engine , and better plastics.

I particularly like the Rodeo. I feel it is one of the better looking scooter in India. I  own a Dio and I was getting jealous over its design and also the powerful 8 bhp engine. 1 BHP might seem small but when i drove it, i felt the real difference that single BHP makes. And the engine is extremely smooth too.

Where these scooters score over Hondas is power and the price. I wish success to Mahindra in their new venture.

It's not such a right that Mahindra won't defeat  of Honda motors company in field of scooter manufacture in india. Mahindra going wall in this field but it means is not that Mahindra end of Honda domination. Because Honda stay on this field since many years ago with auto industry. Mahindra has recently launched two models in india. Mahindra Rodeo and Mahindra Duro, these models comparability better to Honda scooter. I have to say to all that Honda make a great producted  forever in earth. If you want to know about these scooter you can follow some sites given  below side....

(1) http://www.myindiaguide.com

honda has reached a top place in its technologies in two/four wheels respectively.  as like some of  our members said above, this mahindra duro and rodeo will be sold out some good numbers... it can be a competitive for any baja or tvs. but "HONDA" has its seperate crown for it.

-dinesh

I agree completely with dinesh. Though im slightly partial to a Mahindra' date=' In this case, a Honda is King. BUT, I want to ride one of the above to find out how good it really is. [/quote']

YES PAL, AND THANKS FOR THAT.

and i think , mahindra"S attempt will work only if they produce for a less money than SCOOTY PEP OR BAJAJ SCOOTERS. otherwise scooty pep and bajaj will be enjoying its second place next to the first place of HONDA scooters continuosly.

-dinesh