BonFre

Fiesta @ 6.43L

Hi guys Ford was reeling under some emmence competition & sales were taking a beating. So, to counteract the downturn & fight the slew of new launches, Ford has launched a limited edition Fiesta at attractive prices.

Limited Edition Fiesta

The Limited Edition Fiesta gives you a whole new reason to celebrate this festive season. Loaded with features at an unmatched price, the Limited Edition Ford Fiesta makes available a performance sedan well within your reach.

New Feature

• MP3 player with 4 speakers

• Driver seat height adjust

• Premium Interiors with soft feel fabric

• Map reading lamp

• Rear reading lamp

• Metallic Facia

• Aluminium finish door release levers

• Aluminium cuff plates on steering

Courtsey: Ford India website

Price for the diesel model is ~ 6.43L, looks attractive to me.

What do you guys say, at this price it goes head on against i20. Which of the two makes more sense?

What do you guys say' date=' at this price it goes head on against i20. Which of the two makes more sense?
[/quote']

Looks to be a no brainer to me!. If I were to choose I would pick the Fiesta. But then, I find many going for i20 as a second car to their sedans and i20 will cater those.

Yes you are right, but the inherent logic would push Indian consumers to move towards a midsizer in lieu of a Hatch.

Fiesta is a good car though showing its age somewhat. Don't know when Ford is going to update the model!

Ford's A.S.S is also the culprit in spoiling its party, while doesn't seem to have any such issues.

Personally my bent of mind would be towards the Fiesta, not because its a midsizer but because it has certain amount of enthusiasm in its drive & good balance between ride & handling.

What takes the mind towards i20 is its exterior design, modern interiors & a good diesel unit under the hood.

Yes, people who already have a midsizer are showing more interest in i20!

I just forgot to mention the Linea D over here, its another reason that might have prompted Ford to come up with this cut price version.

Now we a need a comparo between Linea & Fiesta, would someone do that!

Also, it seems to me that this limited edition price might be carried over for a long haul.

Anyways its a fabulous mouth watering offer from Ford especially the TDCi variant at just Rs 6.43lakhs.. Its about a lakh less compared to the outgoing TDCi EXi variant that too with much more features...just go for it and enjoy the drive........ swiftvxi062009-09-16 16:40:38

Yes the mags show the Ford hatchback like modded Fusion but it'll be a completely new car on Fiesta platform(as fusion is very expensive to develop n is quite unreliable too) in a complete re-skinned avtar.

It'll be powered with 1.2 Duratec Petrol & 1.4 Duratorq Diesel engines with excellent dynamics,refinement & engineering.

hey buddy, dzire and fiesta are very apart. people who go for maruti know the value of maruti. ford is known for bad after sales and costly spares. maruti is known for its VFM, great customer relationships, vast service centres bla bla bla and everything nice