pra2veen

tyre pressure

i have a fiesta diesel for which i got 16in alloys and 205*45 goodyear tyres fitted to it. i also have a swift diesel for which i put 16in alloys and 205*55 yokohama tyres fitted.

Can anybody plz help me with the tyre pressure that i have to maintain because lot of different ppl told me different things like 30, 33 and even 28ps

plz help

Go strictly by the owner's manual recommendations. the tyre pressure must be checked once every 10-12 days. This is the best mantra to avoid punctures too, as under inflated tyres are more prone to accommodate the nails and other sharp objects that come along. The properly inflated tyres try their best to shoo away such irritants. 

Owner's manual is for standard size OE tires that come with the vehicle stock. In this case, he has opted for wider tires which are far wider than the stock, changes the entire contact patch dynamics.

How about for a Santro..13"?? i've changed the original Bridgestone radials to tubeless Goodyear- dint go for a change in inches... i normally give 'm 30 each.. heard that for long drives, its better to lower by 2psi.. is this correct ?

Way more pressure than recommended would cause uneven wear to center just as less than recommended tire pressure would cause undue side outer tread wear. 2 psi more than recommended would make your tire run cooler, low pressure causes flexing and heat build up specially during high speed long distance runs.

Guys how often do we need to check our air pressure as my zen requires after i start it with a gap of 4 days.

rssh, is it tubeless tyres, that you have put on your zen..?

if tubeless tyres are having some small puncture, loosing the air pressure will take a few days. this can happen to tubeless tyres also when the rims are not in good condition

Guys how often do we need to check our air pressure as my zen requires after i start it with a gap of 4 days.

rssh' date=' is it tubeless tyres, that you have put on your zen..?

if tubeless tyres are having some small puncture, loosing the air pressure will take a few days. this can happen to tubeless tyres also when the rims are not in good condition[/quote']

Also check your rims for damage, it will cause air to leak slowly.