Sandy

Facelifted Honda City Comming Soon

Honda will soon launch the refreshed version of its hot selling City in the Indian market. The change are very minor and cosmetic in nature.

On the exteriors, the new City V variants get alloys wheels, fog lamps, mud flaps and chromed door handles as standard.

The interiors have been refreshed with better quality fabric for the seats which looks and feels more luxurious, dual tone soft touch beige dashboard and door trims, silver finished power window switches and trims and OVRM mounted tweaters for the music system which still remains USB or AUX driven.

All the City models also get better quality interior plastics and rotary AC blower speed knob.

The refreshed City is likely to cost slightly more than the outgoing version.

Honda Siel Cars India on Tuesday launched a new feature packed Honda City 1.5V and the new Honda City 1.5S with brand new beige Interiors

The new variant of the Honda City has been launched as part of the Great Honda Fest promotion.

The new City 1.5V (MT & AT) comes with the introduction of 5 spoke Alloy Wheels and Front Fog Lamps for style and better visibility. The exterior looks of the new City 1.5V gets an addition of Chrome door handles, new Sporty Exhaust Finisher and Front & Rear mud guards.

The new variant has a complete new interior look with Beige fabric seats, Silver Colored Fan Knob, painted inner door handles, door lining garnish and power windows panel. The car also gets the Dual front tweeters and a driver seat back pocket for added convenience.

The new Honda City will now be available as SMT, VMT and VAT. Additionally, all the variants will be available in 2 types

Yuck! looking alloys I love the yspoke alloys found in SV version but atleast we are getting one, no acc is a let down also any interior pics ,the new blue colour addition is welcome.

Those alloys are meant for skoda's, they are too chunky for the city. for the City you need something more 'kinetic'. All said, saw the V City last sunday in the Times now show has very good looking interiors though the centre facia is still the same plasticky high tech audio unit doesn't gel with the rest which is beige leather, very airy and inviting. I think City looks more complete now.

The city now looks more expensive than its competition barring the linea. I have always  liked this colour too. The price though high will still sell, though i think the sales will now be mainly S-MT. What V-MT and V-AT provide is a good option to Altis J and Optra. I had seen many times that people with budget upto 10 lakhs had no option other than increasing or decreasing the budget because there was no car in that region.  V-MT seems a good option though not VFM but it wont be a decision that will be regretted either.

I have a suggestion for Toyota guys. Would like to hear others opinion on these. Fit the altis with 1.6 engine, and price it nearby ANHC say 20000 extra with same features. Then later on introduce the same engine in the VIOS sedan when it comes. That way the engine will be produced in huge nos. and cost of production will be kept under check. This will be a reat way to make a slight impact in the segment below.

This i am saying because I have seen prospective civic buyers shifting to City, which there definitely would be some people shifting over to City from Corolla, which offers same features barring Auto AC at 3 lakh extra for just 12 bhp and little bit more space, which is pretty good in city too.

This recommendation has been based on the fact that Toyota has indeed done this in some of the countries where Altis has been launched. It does 2 things finally. Increase sales therefore decreasing production costs, and dabs a segment where Honda city has 50 percent of the market share.

Finally Honda payed heed to the cstomers complaints about the poor interior fabrics. And changed the interiors. I saw the New ANHC... hehe.... new all new honda city... ;) in the showroom yesterday at its launch and it looks much more better inside than the previous one

Harry

I had TD of ANHC.  The newly launched ANHC VMT costs Rs 10.6 lacs on road in Bangalore.  Even after paying that much of money, climate control and spare alloy wheel are not available [only spare steel wheel, I was told].  After weighing pros and cons of ANHC and Fiat Linea 1.4 l petrol Emotion Pack, I selected the later and booked a medium grey.  The expected delivery of vehicle is within 2 weeks as they do not have stock of medium grey.