chawla

Is it better to wait till year end for purchase??

I am planning to buy a hatchback next month. I was thinking to buy it around end of october. Now i am thinking will it be worth to wait for two more months and grab the year end deals. Can you tell me how much difference it normally makes to buy in december?

If for answer you need the model i want to go for then here is what i am thinking. I am planning to go for Ritx VXI (I am sure i can't expect any discount on it) as of now but open to i10 sportz, Vista Quadrajet if i get a good deal. I just want to know how much discount i can expect on these models if i wait for two more months.
chawla2009-09-15 13:41:34

I will call it best if you postpone your buying next year- reasons being

1. you are likely to get many new offerings in your budget

VW polo, ford fiesta hatch, chevy beat, indica vista ignis/indigo, may be micra

2. will fetch you better resale in the future

hey chawla buddy... i'd like to give you some suggestion here. Try considering Maruti Swift and Fiat Punto. Dude, mark my words, Swift is a gem of a car to drive. its the best hatchback that i feel is available today, both petrol and diesel

Swift is a gem of a car to drive. its the best hatchback

petrol  swift has been stopped. 

Now what is your response for my question

When exactly will be your purchase? How much will be your monthly usage?

If you travell  more than 1000kmpm(month), go for punto emotion pack diesel.

If you travell close to 1000kmpm and would like to stick to petrol, go for Ritz

If you travell less go for punto emotion pack 1.4L petrol

Punto is the best package for its price

I would look at it from the financial point of view.

Buying at the end of the year, you get better discounts, since not too many people want to be driving 'last years car'. The flip side is that the resale suffers. In my vieww if you are going to keep the car for 5 years+ then the resael loss will be more than made up by the discount. Also, in many cases you can persuade the dealer to actually register the car on 1/1 or later.

yes this is easily possible.. but then again dont think you are the only smart one.. cos i thought the same way b4.. later i came to knw that in second hand car market ppl check the date of manufacture rather than date of registration.

?

hence it may just make a marginal difference if u buy a 2009 manufactured car n register in 2010.. cos they always check year of manufacture and hence similar depreciation is applicable

hey its not possible that swit petrol is discontinued.. they may be changing the engine to a K series engine, as gov has made euro 4 mandatory for 2010CYRUS432009-09-23 08:00:58

yes this is easily possible.. but then again dont think you are the only smart one.. cos i thought the same way b4.. later i came to knw that in second hand car market ppl check the date of manufacture rather than date of registration.

?

hence it may just make a marginal difference if u buy a 2009 manufactured car n register in 2010.. cos they always check year of manufacture and hence similar depreciation is applicable

oh ? is it so? thanks for the info buddy. then its not much worth to get it registered to a later date

hey its not possible that swit petrol is discontinued.. they may be changing the engine to a K series engine' date=' as gov has made euro 4 mandatory for 2010[/quote']

yeah, even i've heard that they are changing the engine to a K-series engine which has proved a major success in terms of performance and economy and also the emission standardsCYRUS432009-09-23 08:01:57

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for the answers. I am planning to keep the car for a longer period (at least 5+).

My question is just to know how much discounts can be expected in the month of December, if i plan to wait for two months. Will it be worth the wait?

This will be my first car so not aware of the details like this.

Can someone please respond?

On i10 sportz currently i am getting

Insurance free + 4000(corp disc) + 5000 (cash disc) + basic accessories

and on i10 Magna

Insurance free + 4000(corp disc) + music system with 2 speakers + basic accessories

Considering these discounts is it worth to wait till december

@driftpunk: some more goodies i now but approximately how much if you can tell from your past experience it will be great for me to decide.

In my situation if the difference is less then Rs 5000 i will prefer purchasing now but if it is above 10000 then i would surely want to wait. In between i don't know