creativebala

Ford's New Small Car : Ford FIGO

What will be the on road price of this model in Delhi

Ford has promised 3.5L as atarting price, so after adding 12.5 % tax, Insurance and other bla, bla, blas, you should get it on road around 4L.

This 4L barrior is now played by A+ segment, i.e., Spark,A*,i10

Since, in India, we don't have any diesel on A+ segment, Figo with its SUPERB diesel less than 5L(adding 1L for diesel) will be the icing on the cake.

Ford has promised 3.5L as atarting price' date=' so after adding 12.5 % tax, Insurance and other bla, bla, blas, you should get it on road around 4L.

This 4L barrior is now played by A+ segment, i.e., Spark,A*,i10

Since, in India, we don't have any diesel on A+ segment, Figo with its SUPERB diesel less than 5L(adding 1L for diesel) will be the icing on the cake.
[/quote']

It would be great if Ford price as mentioned by you. But i frankly feel base version would work out around 4.5 lacs OTR ( from launch details i think there would be 3 variants). So OTR price as per my guess are 4.5 lacs( base 1.2) to 6.0 lacs ( diesel)

Experience with Fusion has made FORD more aware about SMALL CAR Definition in India..

They may price base model to 3.5 Lakh ex-showroom just as creative bala said & may introduce 2 more models to reach a maximum price of 4.5 lakh ex-showroom for its top model....considering 70% content is localised...

any car priced at this bracket will definetely give volumes...so figo is a sure winner....

Won't this be a Pocket Rocket, after Palio 1.6 and Getz CRDI , also Fords, racing DNA on every car

and at the same time much Fuel Efficient (since Figo will be lighter than a Fiesta)

The Ford Fiesta 1.4 Duratorq TDCi emerged as the Most Fuel Efficient Car in the Bosch Motoring Mileage Run 2007, a unique real condition mileage rally organized by Business Standard Motoring, 1.4L Duratorq clocked an impressive average of 25.63 km/litre in real road conditions

Thank you for all the input everyone!  Greatly appreciated.

I have a couple of questions about the auto industry in general:

Is there a current strategy within the industry to produce alternative fuel vehicles? (electric, hydrogen, solar, etc...)  Or simply small, fuel efficient, affordable, and environment friendly cars?

What are the capabilities of manufacturers in India?  Do they have the current capabilities to produce electric, etc. cars?

Today I saw a convey of about 10 figos near airport. It is as big as Swift, with neat lines. As a whole it looks good. Back is exactly the Fusion & front reminds me about IKON. No camouflages. Seems the car could hit the road in 2 months time

I dont think they would launch before March. Figo is a good product , but i dont see anything exciting in it, apart from VFM( as per Ford) and 1.4 tdci . With launch of Toyota's small car, Next Gen Swift , VW Polo i think it would look outdated in a year or two . Think Ford should have given us a more exciting hatchback.

Ford cars have almost always had a conservative look. Atleast in India they do. They generally have neat and clean and simple lines. I personally cant wait to see this product come out but considering the competition already in the market and the big guns coming soon, I think this car is in for a tough time.

Ford cars have almost always had a conservative look. Atleast in India they do. They generally have neat and clean and simple lines. I personally cant wait to see this product come out but considering the competition already in the market and the big guns coming soon' date=' I think this car is in for a tough time.

[/quote']

Price wise, Figo lock horns with A*, Beat and i10.

When Figo gets released, it will be the only Diesel in this segment, so competition not that big.

Toyota's small car' date=' Next Gen Swift , VW Polo  [/quote'] are premium hatch

where as Figo will be an Entry level Hatch (atleast pricewise)

So no point comparing apples to pineapples

You didnt get my point did you????? i meant to say that it would look outdated when the cars mentioned by me would be out. And i dont think it would be entry level hatch , it would be positioned below premium hatch market.

LOL- at your views on it being next pocket rocket!!!!!

karanraheja2009-10-24 11:21:51

i don't think it would be an entry level hatch, though it might  be entry level for Ford as they don't have any other hatch other than fusion.

pics are showing airbags and immobilizer, and guys are talking about 1.4 fiesta's engine, some other guy was saying smthing about the car size too,

so, all this sum up to me is that this will be competition for fabia, swift and i20 and expect the price to be around 5.5 to 7

Very good interiors to look & be in there...

Featuring very good quality interiors,seat fabrics, door trims,seat fabrics,etc

It'll definitely pose a serious competition to wide range of hatchbacks from its starting base price point to various premium hatchbacks too(like polo,i20,etc)