creativebala

Ford's New Small Car : Ford FIGO

The second one looks more like Fusion modified to meet cost.

The one that you suggest is more likely considering the design element which is more & more becoming critical in Indian context.

Having said that the game will change alltogether is this is priced higher as it will then compete with cars like I20 & Punto which as per me are better lookers (ones perception)

This car C-Max has been unvieled at 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show yesterday.

It is slated for 2010 mid release. What we see in India is also similar to this.

Again this car is too similar to the one at the top. One more good news is that, a 7 seater is also been made on the same platform

2010_ford_cmax_main.jpg

Ford's new small car will be unveiled next week and the same will go on sale in March 2010.

Source- Autocarindia

So, guys wait for a week and we will get to know which Ford hatch are we getting. But it will not be any of the current Ford hatches.

New Ford hatch may be made exclusive for Indian market like Ford Ikon and theIndian Ford fiesta. The above car the current european ford fiesta wont come to indian shores rather the sedan version of the current European Ford Fiesta may come to India to fight the battle with Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Skoda Laura..This car has been launched in China and Brazil recently.

The first one is the hatch version of Fiesta/fusion.

The car launched in India would probably be the new version of the Ford KA(2nd one) which in european countries is generally sold as 2 door version but for India it will obviously be a 4 door.

Ford's new small car will be unveiled next week and the same will go on sale in March 2010.

Source- Autocarindia

So' date=' guys wait for a week and we will get to know which Ford hatch are we getting. But it will not be any of the current Ford hatches.
[/quote']

when did you got this news

This car C-Max has been unveiled at 2009 Frankfurt Motor Show yesterday. I hope ford wont unveil cars every week

Yes Dude,

It'll be the 1st one on the top in silver,as the 2nd one is just the Photoshop edited Fusion & is not a feasible option for the Ford(dated,unreliable & expensive).

Else,just keep ur fingers crossed as the Ford head from US is coming India this month to unveil it & will be headed for production after the Auto expo 2010.

Ford's small car for India will be an entirely different model which is based on the phased out platform of the last generation Fiesta. This is to save the costs of developing a new platform. Here is the picture of the phased out Fiesta.

fordfiesta.jpg

The first picture shown in Bala's post is the Fiesta hatchback which was launched in 2008 in Europe. I had started a topic earlier about the 2010Ford Fiesta sedan which is expected to be launched in India by next year. If Bala has seen the new Fiesta hatch, there are possibilities for launching the new hatch alongwith the new sedan which is already launched in China.

Ford C-Max is an MPV based on the Focus model. There is no chance for it to be launched in India.

@swiftvxi06: The new Fiesta sedan wont be competing with Civic, Corolla and Laura. I think you might have thought of the Focus sedan. It will be definitely priced in that range if it is lanched in India. But will they bring it?

fordfiesta.jpg

I pray this doesn't comes to India.

Competition is so stiff in India where you get wow looking Punto, i20,Swift, Polo(promised) around 5 lakhs, how can ford join this wagon with such a boring looks.

I am confident ford will bring its current kinetic 2.0 this time. So it must be something similar to the first grey color picture

So yes, Mullaly is such a busy man to unveil a car week after week. But still i wont agree with that rendering image. Who will buy it over other cars? may be cabbies for its engine

As ford says, there will be variants to fight santro, what will happen to FORD IKON

News so far,

As spacious as Indica, good GC, base to have AC & PS, pricing starts at santro level.

Man, my head is spinning( ford planning a santro competitor and VW a Swift's), where are we heading, soon will i hear "BMW micro at Tata nano's price"
creativebala2009-09-17 11:30:24

Ford's not going to give us the new Fiesta, it's going to be some made for India cheapsh*t: Remember the Ikon when it was launched, interior's looked cheapest of any car, even the Esteems' interior were good by Ikon's standards. But I don't think it'll work now, times have changed and there's huge choice of quality hatches available now. If it's going to look like that Ford Fusion chop job, forget it.

It is going to be the 2nd pic as mentioned by ACI. It surely looks dated by decades. Wondering why Ford wants to bring such a boring looking hatch .There are spy pics in many forums which leads us to the 2nd car.

The Ford Fiesta hatch ( 1st pic) might not make it to India since the rear aint very roomy( thats what i read). I think the sedan version would make it to our market in a year or two.