creativebala

Ford's New Small Car : Ford FIGO

It is a very good marketting strategy adopted by Ford. First they will announce the car, show it to the world, and also give a launching date, thereby making those who are planning to buy a hatch delay their decision in anticpation of the car.

Similar strategy was adopted by suzuki when it unveiled Kizashi months before launch.

Ford is picking up the pace in India! After almost a decade here things look like they are going to get much better for the Blue Oval and its fans in India. But going by the new hatchback - the Figo - Ford is looking at wooing a whole new set of fans.   

ConcreteWall_Flip300x200.jpg

Its gonna get the awesome tdci mill and a new 1.2!

Launch in March 2010

The story is up on autocarindia.com.

http://www.autocarindia.com/new/Information.asp?id=3629\

It is a very good marketting strategy adopted by Ford. First they will announce the car' date=' show it to the world, and also give a launching date, thereby making those who are planning to buy a hatch delay their decision in anticpation of the car.Similar strategy was adopted by suzuki when it unveiled Kizashi months before launch.

[/quote'] Well ford has done is they are gonna show us the exact car which will get launch in sometime and not concept, may be there are some changes at the time of launch but still they are not showing us concept, and what suzuki did is what each and every companies does i.e show us concept and then make a look-like production type model but unfortunately suzuki made people fools and cant deliver the same thing. Companies like Skoda, Hyundai, Chevy try to keep the model almost same as concept and recent example is Chevy beat, its almost as same as its Concept.

Its ford figo, ""cool""

ConcreteWall_Flip300x200.jpg

ford_figo_interior.jpg

Black_building_squeeze300x2.jpg

Finally similar to what I saw is reaching India, and not the AutoCar rendered- cheers

Built on the same 2486mm wheelbase as the Indian Fiesta and Ikon

Figo gets a new all-aluminium 1.2-litre petrol motor which is expected to develop max power between 70 and 75bhp and 1.4 Duratorq 68bhp

Ford has targeted the base Hyundai i10 (earlier it was the Santro) as its price benchmark for the 1.2 petrol Figo which equates to Rs 3.6 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The 1.4 diesel Figo is aimed at the Indica Vista diesel and can be expected to retail at around Rs 4.6 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
creativebala2009-09-23 08:28:05

Side profile is like fusion but still the car looks fresh especially the rear. But front is not that great. And 'Figo' sounds like chinese name, not good.

And i think that we will get good interiors from Ford as i think they will get inspired by Fiesta and i just love its interiors, they are solid and good looking.

And its USP would be its space, to me it looks as spacious as premium hatches and will be priced at i10/Vista category, looks like complete VFM from Ford, tempting..

BTW whats the source of your pics and details.

bluesapphire2009-09-23 08:34:15

I think Ford has reduced the price of spares of almost all cars and i dont think there will be any bodyroll. And 1.4Tdci unit will be pretty efficient and also the 1.2 new petrol motor. Ya poor A.s.s may be the cons but then they are improving i heard.

Ford has unveiled the much awaited small car Figo at a function in New Delhi. The car was unveiled by Alan Mulally, president and CEO of Ford Motor Company. Ford is focusing on economies of scale and implementing One Ford strategy across markets. The Figo (code named B517) will be launched in the country in March 2010. The Figo (showcased was a Titanium variant) which is expected to compete with the Hyundai i20 and the Maruti Swift, was also showcased to its dealers in Chennai recently.

The small car will be a four-door hatchback, powered by an indigenous diesel (1.4 Duratorq) and petrol (1.2 Duratec) engine manufactured at its Chennai plant. Ford India has invested around $500 million (Rs 2,400 crore) to double the current capacity by one lakh cars and 2.5 lakh engines. Expect Ford to price the Figo very competitively and give competition a run for its money.

Ford_figo_wallpaper.JPG

Ford_figo.JPG

Ford_figo_India.JPG

Ford_figo_rear.JPG

SRC - Motorbeam

Finally, the wraps are off the Ford small car. Nice funky name to go with the cute front end. The Figo will be the driver's car in its segment, no doubt.

The three things that are foremost on my mind is the final pricing, build quality and after sales service.