creativebala

Ford's New Small Car : Ford FIGO

I dont think they would launch before March. Figo is a good product ' date=' but i dont see anything exciting in it, apart from VFM( as per Ford) and 1.4 tdci . With launch of Toyota's small car, Next Gen Swift , VW Polo i think it would look outdated in a year or two . Think Ford should have given us a more exciting hatchback.

[/quote']

i see.

Ford should offer current Europians Fiesta price and position it

above Figo as premium Hatchback like Jazz and Fabia.

car is not coming at expo doesnt means that it wont be launched soon. FYKI' date=' Figo is launching in march. ok?[/quote']

any clearer time frame about when it is coming?

March March March- not a one word answer :)

IMHO, they can prepone the launch and can sell more Duratorqs

till VW diesel, Beat MJD, Micra 1.5D, Palio Mjd, refreshed Punto hits the market
creativebala2010-01-03 05:03:48

Will Ikon catch 230kmph?

I saw t in it's speedo. 

No way, the suspension set up won't be able to take that big strains.

It could be Speedo error due to decreased wheel size, but still 230 is too much.

OT- You saw it in any Cartoon or Magic show

Was the needle pointing at 230 or did you just see that the speedo can read upto 230. Because 230 is simply not posssible from Ikon. I remember seeing ads from Skoda Octavia RS about being fastest car in some range and IIRC even that was just over 200.

230 could have been photoshopped! Ikon speedo is only upto 220! And reg the Figo, there are rumours of a problem in the body shop which has actually resulted in huge panel gaps. So corrective measures are underway and the car should be hopefully launched as scheduled

"230 could have been photoshopped!"....I have a feeling that the car may have been run on a conveyor belt and then the photo taken. Thats the only way an Ikon can do 230 kmph or it must be one of the rare Rally prepped Ikon's.

The Autocar India review:

The Figo may have skipped the bright lights of the Auto expo, but we got our hands on it under the Goan sun. Here are first impressions of what is quite figo-ratively a hugely impressive car.

The 1.4-litre Duratorq diesel we know well. It behaves very much like it does in the Figo

I hardly see anyone complaining Fiesta ran out of breath in highways' date=' so how come the lighter Figo made them feel so.[/quote']

Kindly refer to the complete text in the above post, it categorically states "feels a bit out of breath on the highway".

kool the new ford fusion with its superb 1.2litre 70bhp duratec gasoline and  1.4-litre Duratorq diesel will rock the B-segment. I hope Ford prices it well. The First Impression by ACI says its going be a driver's car means Maruti Swift 1.2 has finally a rival as far as ride and handling is concerned..The Figo's build quality and interiors IMHO is far better than any other B-segment hatchback and light years ahead of its sibling Ford Ikon.