creativebala

Ford's New Small Car : Ford FIGO

Must say they have taken the word "funky" seriously, is this the color scheme the interior's are going to come with? It has the color of strawberry nailpolish and the dash look's like it's ready to 'drip', and the seat fabric look's as cheapo as the early Ikon's. 

kool the new ford fusion with its superb 1.2litre 70bhp duratec gasoline and  1.4-litre Duratorq diesel will rock the B-segment. I hope Ford prices it well. The First Impression by ACI says its going be a driver's car means Maruti Swift 1.2 has finally a rival as far as ride and handling is concerned..The Figo's build quality and interiors IMHO is far better than any other B-segment hatchback and light years ahead of its sibling Ford Ikon.

I have doubts that 1.2 developing 70bhp will be a competition for swift, ritz or i10 kappa in terms of driving pleasure. Figo is a bigger car and heavier as well. Many other reviews said that it is somewhat underpowered.

Ride and handling may be better but should not bother swift or ritz.

@DD

That interior will come as an option along with black and beige.

sb-alto2010-01-21 03:40:42

I prefer the plain grey interior's to the optional Indian one. Beige will be a good theme not this pink, with cheap silver accents and grey/black looks absolutely 'jarring'.I think the petrol making 70 bhp is Ok, considering the Fabia makes somewhat the same from it's 1.2 petrol HTP, but has better torque spread than the Ford engine.

Durango Dude2010-01-21 08:13:04

Definitely DD,

That's why Ford has opted for the 4-cylinder mills only for its new hatchback for the reasons of the Refinement, however other characterstics will be benefitted too.....

Definitely Notches above the Fabia & other upcoming 3-cylinder competitiors.

But where thw Ford'll lag behind is the looks & styling area, as it seems they've emptied the whole of the Fusion's bin for it, that's why they've

gone too cheap with it.

It just seems to be the face-lifted Fusion only-

The Body-shell being the same

These interiors especially with red dash looks cheap. Also the dash design doesnt looks exciting enough, i liked Fiesta's more. The interiors seems to be overdone and also no Auto climate control on top end 'Titanium variant' means we arent going to get good kits like Beat.

But it looks good and seems that interiors will be quite functional and not only for show.

Also ACi hasnt given us a detailed review like the details on the quality of plastics and build quality & equipments.

The pros of this car will be the space, ride & handling and obviously good diesel engine, not to forget killer pricing.bluesapphire2010-01-21 09:27:42

To say the least, terrific color co-ordination if only you look at it for taking colorful photos.  But, practicality says that the same is just horrible.  I was mildly surprised when some versions of Xylo came with Violet plastics.  But this is plain shocking.  A red dashboard ?  Or, a violet dashboard ?

Who is the guy/gal (or the team) at Ford, who decides these ?  I need to meet him/her/them urgently before damage can be done to an otherwise good car. 

@creativebala - No rear power windows even on top model is a letdown. And frankly speaking, Ford have taken the interior colours right out of the European Fiesta. The dashboard too looks exactly the same as the Fiesta with some stylistic modifications. Petrol 70bhp will be a bit underpowered for such a car but with a brilliant diesel engine, Ford need not worry at all

What made Ford to test a old car for years for just giving a face-lift?

Except the bumper & front bonnet, every thing remains the same as European Fiesta. They could have launced it much before and could have avoided this Diesel Hatch Rush, thats gonna be happen in 2010.

If they launched it before 1 or 2 years, it should have fought only with Swift, whereas in end 2010, it needs to fight with 'n' no of cars. 

i.e., Swift / Ritz/ Beat Mjd/ Polo/ Fabia/ Punto/ Micra/ Vista and may be Sandero      only i20 is left as its considered premium in India, Fabia is added as its going to become dearer.

yeah. i just have one grouse with this car, and it is that the rear windows wind down only halfway through (you must have read it in the review Dr.Nishu). Else, this looks like a very, very enticing package.

Hey Amaan,

That half-way rolling windows are just at the Sake of the Safety of the Car as

this usually happens when the Side Impact Beam comes in the way of the Window Winder.

So, Ford played here very smartly by leaving it as such with the Mannual Window Winder & hence clearly saved here Rs.8-10k by not plonking the Power Window here...

Really a Smart Cost-Cutting here without compromising the Customer here (very unlike the Toyota, who introduced their Rs.8-10 lac with Single Front wiper.)

Infact their Advantage lies in the Fact that they are very much beneficial in the Emergency Situations like in a Blown-up Battery, Passengers sitting inside the Car without the Keys of it-will at least not suffocate now &

Last but not the Least, few year back Mumbai's flood conditions... Oh God !! Please repeat it in future..... 

Plus Icing on the cake is the fact that the Ford's Made In India 1.4l TDCi Duratorq engine (appeared 1stly in the New Ikon TDCi

actually came to be more reliable than the Imported one in the Early Fiestas & Now the Figo will also share it.

So an added reliability proof for Figo before its actual market launch.....

8-10k for rear power windows only! That seems pretty ambitious!

What Toyota are you hinting towards?

The 1.4Tdci appeared in Fiesta first & not Ikon.

& Please edit  your post, its full of errors, "Oh God !! Please repeat it in future"! Im left speechless.

8-10k for rear power windows only! That seems pretty ambitious!

What's wrong sir !! An Aftermarket Power Window costs nearly this figure na ...

The 1.4Tdci appeared in Fiesta first & not Ikon.

I'm saying here about the 'Made In India' 1.4 TDCi Engine & it appeared in Ford Ikon TDCi first in a slightly less refined avtar,

Not the Introduction of the 1.4 TDCi which was in the Fiesta first & every knows this well.
dr_nishu2010-01-25 19:34:07

@bala-i dont have a problem with the car not having rear power windows' date=' i just don't like the fact that you can't roll down the rear windows completely, even manually.[/quote']

It won't be a big worry to be concerned, you will get used to it in no time.

Just see around and see how many premium hatches's rear windows roll down today and you will completely agree.

Ford saved here Rs.8-10k by not plonking the Power Window here.

Aftermarket power windows set for 2 windows comes pretty cheap.

Really a Smart Cost-Cutting here without compromising the Customer here (very unlike the Toyota' date=' who introduced their Rs.8-10 lac with Single Front wiper.).[/quote']

Which Toyota?

Last but not the Least, few year back Mumbai's flood conditions... Oh God !! Please repeat it in future..

smiley5.gif Hope & wish its never repeated in future.

Plus Icing on the cake is the fact that the Ford's Made In India 1.4l TDCi Duratorq engine (appeared 1stly in the New Ikon TDCi

The engine that appeared in Ikon first was a 1.8 L unit & not a TDci.

1.4L Tdci debuted in Fiesta in India.