creativebala

Ford's New Small Car : Ford FIGO

Congrats to all Ford Figo fans & lovers here. smiley20.gif

It seems to be the Penultimate to the Top variant, as noticed by the some Quality features like the Body coloured ORVMs & Door Handles, Wheel covers, Coral coloured top dash Panel.

Now waiting for its Price list to come !! smiley37.gif

@CB-Wow! If that happens, it will REALLY hit rest of the cars in that category. It will eat up all sales! Until the Beat diesel arrives, the Figo will probably rule the diesel hatchback segment.

Great news.. Cant wait to get my hands on this new sporty Ford small hatch.....MSIL your days are over as far as monopoly in small car segment is concerned.. after Figo comes the much awaited hatchback.. VW Polo..

Sorry, but i didn't read WhatCar?, as i switched from that to Autocar India a long time ago, but yes, when i'll go to the library today, i'll make sure that i go through this month's WhatCar? edition. And i remember, this month's edition does have the Figo as its cover story.

Has Ford Figo TDCi being tested ? I guess only the petrol has been road tested. Is ford launching both diesel and petrol at the same time ?

**EDIT**

What is the capacity of the diesel engine and specs ?

sb-alto2010-02-08 06:07:08

Will that be fined tuned ? 68 bhp for fiesta is not worth, for lighter figo it should be fine, but Swift and Ritz with 75bhp and a little more torque seems better as of now.

"I love Fiat" smiley32.gif. Nice CB. Any plans of bagging one?

Ford has commenced with the production of its 1.2-litre petrol engine at the company's Chennai plant. This is the same engine that will power the soon to be launched Ford Figo.

Ford has invested additional Rs 1,500 crore to its existing plant where the company currently produces the Fiesta, Ikon and Endeavour. Spread across 40,000 square meters, the plant has a capacity of producing 2,50,000 engines annually (earlier 60,000 engines were manufactured annually). The recent expansion at the plant will provide livelihood to further 1.000 employees, in addition to the existing 2,100 workers.

Initially, the plant will focus on assembling the 1.2-litre petrol and the common rail 1.4-litre diesel engine for the domestic markets. Both engines, along with locally sourced Ford's IB5 transmissions, will be fitted in the new Ford Figo that will be produced at the plant starting first quarter of 2010. The massive expansion gives India a chance to become a major hub for Ford to export its diesel and petrol engines.

Based on the family of Ford

The prices bandied about sound kinda too optimistic, if rightly so, it will make a clean swipe of the Tata Vista to everything else above it. More car per hatch: nothing to beat the Vista, wonder why it's not selling as expected.

read somewhere in another forum' date=' a guy said, he read in What Car?  figo TDCi top end to retail @ 3.9-4L on road Chennai & petrol @  3.4

Did anyone of you read the latest What car? magazine?
[/quote']

These indicated prices are too optimistic. Specially, after seeing the pricing of Fusion and Fiesta! BornFree2010-02-08 09:11:04

@CB, Both Fusion & Fiesta's parts are not cheap as such.

Not long ago, Fusion had the priciest parts basket in its segment. More in tune with cars form mush higher segments.

Even the Ikon's spare parts arn't cheap. I guess its inherent with Ford.
BornFree2010-02-08 09:10:42

These indicated prices are too optimistic. Specially, after seeing the pricing of Fusion and Fiesta! You are right there. Ford India has often committed the cardinal sin of overpricing its cars and spares as well. But this time, they know it won't work. Another overpriced hatch will only spell doom for Ford India. And hence, as the car carries 85% localization, it isn't bad to dream about such a low price tag. It may be possible.

I read the February edition of WhatCar? India today, and it said that the Figo's base variant, equipped with the 1.2 L Duratec petrol will retail for around Rs.3.40 lakhs on-road. Let me repeat. ON-ROAD. And the 1.4 L diesel will retail for around Rs.60- 70,000 more, i.e around Rs.4 lakh On-road. If this comes true, it's gonnna kick up a storm.

Ford Figo To Get Price Increase From June 1st

ford-figo-01.JPGFord

India reported that it will increasing the price of its recently

launched Figo hatch in India due to rising input cost by next week.

The company has not yet revealed by how much the price of the car,

which was launched in the month of March with at price of 3.5 lakh to Rs

4.48 lakh, will be hiked.

Diesel Figo outsells petrol sibling,

increases market presence

Ford_Figo.jpg

Ford

India has hit the jackpot with its small car Figo. The Ford Figo sold more than 16,000 units within 14

weeks of its launch. This is a tremendous achievement for any car

manufacturer in India.

The Figo sold in such huge numbers mainly because of the value it offered. The frugal diesel

engine was another main selling point. Ford would soon be ramping up

Figo

Spied is the Ford Figo's EXi version with Zebra-Stripes & Different set of Twin Barreled Tail-lamps(same as that of the Old-European ones)

fordfigotestmule2.jpgfordfigotestmule.jpg

(pics: IAB)

Considering the Figo's at Counter Past Sales of 16,000 & 21,000 bookings for its Future, don't know what the Ford is having on their hands with this Camouflaged Figos with new set of changes.

If they're having the face-lift or V2 planned for it, them Ford please Edit/Re-design its Front & Rear Bumpers & the structures behind them, as they can prove lethal in India's Remote areas.

Or they are just doing these rounds for its Export models.