driftpunk

which car .. ?? upto 8.5 lacs ..?

Hey Guru's... i need to buy a car very very urgently. my budget is strictly upto 8.5 lacs. My usage per year is around 10000km i.e. arnd 800/900 per month. and i want to go for the petrol segment cars. please advice meeee smiley1.gif

But Linea is underpowered. I can definitely get more power in 8.5 lacs than a 1368cc engine.

Dude, as mentioned, i already own a Honda City, so i would definitely like to move a step higher rather than come down

But Linea is underpowered. I can definitely get more power in 8.5 lacs than a 1368cc engine.

Dude' date=' as mentioned, i already own a Honda City, so i would definitely like to move a step higher rather than come down[/quote']

Dear driftpunk, if you want to move a step higher then you have to increase the budget a few steps higher too. As you have mentioned your budget is srtictly upto 8.5lacs, I am sure the OTR price of the base ANHC is not within the range. So it has to be Jazz or Linea then.

As you have mentioned your budget is srtictly upto 8.5lacs' date=' I am sure the OTR price of the base ANHC is not within the range. So it has to be Jazz or Linea then.[/quote']

yes, thats a good point to be noted. what should i go in for then? Seems like another City is going to be my family member . smiley4.gif

You can go for the new Honda city's fully loaded 'V' version or wait for much powerful Fiat Linea 1.6 Multijet diesel as its going to launched very soon this September.

Else Jazz is ill equipped n doesn't have value for money tag,i.e u'll get nothing for paying too much.

The newly launched ANHC VMT costs Rs 10.6 lac on road in Bangalore, but lacks climate control, spare alloy wheel [only spare steel wheel], leave alone top end features like Blue&Me.  I was offered a tempting massive discount of Rs 62.5 k and mouth-watering freebies including reverse parking sensors for SX4 ZXi for less than Rs 8 lac on road in Bangalore, which is VFM and has powerful engine [102 PS].  MSIL is going for upgradation of SX4, and hence, this massive discount.  But, after 2 TD of SX4, I went in favour of Fiat Linea 1.4 l petrol Emotion Pack Medium Grey and booked it yesterday.

Since you have the City the only other car that would have made sense was Linea but you find it underpowered. So you can't have a better car than City at that price.

Consider Jazz and Fiesta S.

tanmay872009-09-20 19:13:32

powerful Fiat Linea 1.6 Multijet diesel as its going to launched very soon this September.

I think that the guy wants to buy a PETROL car and not a Diesel.

So Linea 1.6 is out.

Ayways, why dont you consider  Fiesta S?

Jazz is the best option in my feel, a sedan like space but a hatchback like dimensions. Add alloys from the money you save. Next option will be the fiesta 1.6, which is a brilliant drivers car. I was in the same dilemma myself, and was almost decided on Jazz but went for city. Being a city owner you would love its silent engine. Here is the link to my thread.

http://www.autocarindia.com/new/autocar_forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4866&KW=fiesta+sx4&PN=1