Gurkha

Honda wins reliability plaudits

Wow Gurkha i felt that Honda and Toyota were almost the same but this was a true eye opener from you .smiley20.gif. and also that is the reason for Honda's  cars to be priced slighlty onthe higgher side but who cares about the price when reliabilty is superb , also i would like to hear from the Honda Customers about thier car.,

Cheerssmiley20.gif

mndvishnu,

i feel that, what Gurkha meant was that, honda was first in reliablity and it was followed by toyota. so we can say that, toyota is not far behind. but honda and toyota are at the top.

i feel that, the edge, hoda got over toyota was caused by the runaway success of the new civic. after the launch of civic, the number of honda fans has gone up.

so the 1st and 2nd position in reliability dosnt mean much of a difference.

smiley20.gif

mndvishnu' date='
i feel that, what Gurkha meant was that, honda was first in reliablity and it was followed by toyota. so we can say that, toyota is not far behind. but honda and toyota are at the top.

i feel that, the edge, hoda got over toyota was caused by the runaway success of the new civic. after the launch of civic, the number of honda fans has gone up.

so the 1st and 2nd position in reliability dosnt mean much of a difference.[/quote']

Hey its not only the Indian Market which was considered the Civic was launched around 5 years back itself and it got a facelft in international market last year and the same civic was introduced to india , the Honda had many other cars in thier range like the Jazz , the element , civic , accord , accord hybrid , CRV, the Fit , Ridgline , piolt odyssey and S2000

Yes Toyota is a great brand too but Honda has edge over it.,

Cheers

Reliability index is not about sales, its about data collected from a huge database of owners on the cost spent during ownership and the number of troubles and faults faced. Honda comes out tops in that as usual.

Not the data collected and trust me, customers in west are quite prejudicial when it comes to faulty cars and are fastest to condemn. As for Honda, they have been at the tops since the 80s, same goes for Toyota, not due to customer's biased feedbacks, its due to their reliability, as simple as that. Also check out Consumer Reports rankings, final word on auto from this not for profit organization, their tests are the most scientific and they do it in house as well as collecting dealer data on repairs, fixes, TSB etc. Honda comes out top there as well.

Definitely, Toyota is not far behind, as a matter of fact, their Lexus brand does quite well, also they are among the only 4WD to be consistently ranked in top 10 of the car rankings, its the best 4WD of all, the Land Cruiser.

thank god. i have a Honda Civic and its just great that i love Honda. and yo!! congrats Honda!!

Enjoy, feed it regular doses of Mobil-I, keep the air filter and injection clean and do the basic maintenance, they last forever, my Accord is at 540,000 miles and still going strong.

Man, you may say anything... Honda's stables are not all that clean. Didn't you guys hear about the recent recall of over 180000 LHD Civics worldwide due to a faulty wheel bearing, which may cause a wheel to pop off, which means that your highly adored Civic might just turn into a super luxury three- wheeler. Be assured Indians, Indian Civics have no such problems. Whew!

Anyway, I feel Toyota is the top- notch name for reliability. Soon, the world will watch it displace GM as numero uno car- maker!

thank god. i have a Honda Civic and its just great that i love Honda. and yo!! congrats Honda!!

Enjoy' date=' feed it regular doses of Mobil-I, keep the air filter and injection clean and do the basic maintenance, they last forever, my Accord is at 540,000 miles and still going strong.[/quote']

Thanks Gurkha i will tell my dad about it. your accords running is just amazingly great. why dont you write a review about it soo that we all can know the details and everything about it ( in detail )

Man' date=' you may say anything... Honda's stables are not all that clean. Didn't you guys hear about the recent recall of over 180000 LHD Civics worldwide due to a faulty wheel bearing, which may cause a wheel to pop off, which means that your highly adored Civic might just turn into a super luxury three- wheeler. Be assured Indians, Indian Civics have no such problems. Whew!

Anyway, I feel Toyota is the top- notch name for reliability. Soon, the world will watch it displace GM as numero uno car- maker!
[/quote']

If you haven't heard, Toyota is already numero uno since last year and guess what, keeping stables clean is a tough job but Honda's are the cleanest, their recalls have been far and few, they recalled entire Civic fleet due to 3 of the cars developing the said fault, are you aware of Camry engine failure due to sludge by the way. Also the Civic recall was taken into consideration and the new Civic was given poorer rating, yet Honda managed to pull off a stellar performance due to the reliability of the older Civic, Accord, CRV and other vehicles in Honda stable. Way to go and another bow to the great Sochihiro, his philosophy is still being followed by his company.Gurkha2007-11-08 17:16:43

ok Gurkha hope you get a spare time your busy schedulde and also do share us your review' date=' will be looking forward from you,

Regards,

Priya
[/quote']

Will do, meanwhile do consider using Mobil-I for your engine. My Accord V6 has been on it since day one, a testament to the wonder of synthetic oil, for an engine with no work done, it hardly consumes oil between changes and the internals are very clean as well. If you want life out of that beautiful Civic of yours, take this advice.

Yep, Mobil-I can be used at the time of service. Talk to the service manager in advance and intimidate him about your intention to use a non HONDA oil, the manager here agreed when he was informed of Mobil-I which is superior to the Honda lube being used by the dealer. For Mumbai, I would only recommend Mobil-I 15W-50 http://www.mobil.com/India-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENPVLMOMobil1_5W-50.asp

ok Gurkha hope you get a spare time your busy schedulde and also do share us your review' date=' will be looking forward from you,

Regards,

Priya
[/quote']

Will do, meanwhile do consider using Mobil-I for your engine. My Accord V6 has been on it since day one, a testament to the wonder of synthetic oil, for an engine with no work done, it hardly consumes oil between changes and the internals are very clean as well. If you want life out of that beautiful Civic of yours, take this advice.

Yes Gurkha we are waiting for it ,

And for the engine Oil of Mobil is it also advisable to use it for the City Idsi and he Vtech too???,

Cheerssmiley20.gif