swiftvxi06

Nissan's Honda City Killer

nissan-versa-sedan.jpg

We have got news that Nissan is developing an all new sedan for developing markets like India, China and Asean markets. This will slot in the B-segment competing with cars like the Honda City, Toyota Vios (still not reached India), Ford Fiesta etc.

The sedan will share its A-platform with the upcoming Nissan Micra/March. It has been codenamed L02B. We had earlier carried an article on the Renault Thalia/Symbol which is also expected in India around the same time. The possibilities are that this might be its sister car considering the two companies come under the Renault-Nissan alliance.

Expect the Nissan sedan to slot in above the Logan and compete directly with the Symbol/Thalia and take the fight to the competition. Also expect it to come at a reasonable price as it will be locally produced at their local plant near  the city of Chennai. Stay tuned to IAB for more updates about this anticipated competitor.

(Source: indiaautoblogs.com)

IAB comment- We say bring it on Nissan. The pedigree of the GT-R and the 370Z will add to yout bling factor. Not to forget the Teanna and the X-Trail which are promising vehicles. This might just be Nissan

Well it doesnt looks like even a Linea killer forget City, but if comes with good price then it can be a good buy because although Nissan doesnt enjoy any brand value in India but being a Jap you can be assured for reliability, resale and quality ofcourse hassle free ownership and Nissan does have very good reputation abroad so that good reputation can help selling this one here.

Renault/Nissan seem to have run out of designs! Toyota has run out too but atleast they offer reliability/A.S.S  factor!

In order to be able to even stand in front of Honda City, a car needs to be radically designed both inside out & have a gem of an engine, this one stands no chance!

If Nissan rolls out this, it better compete with Fiesta, SX4, etc. Aiming too high might make it meet a worser fatet than Logan!

@ Cyrus43

Your photoshob job has made a decent looking car look UGLY

I fail to see your brilliance of aesthetics!! Pardon me. Maybe you can explai exactly how adding a set on brilliant rims and a GT spoiler makes the car look UGLY.

@cyrus:nice job matesmiley20.gif u made it look attractive

Thank You.

Seems Cyrus is a better MODifier than a MODerator

Do something like this and show on our ugly Logan man

Ive tried my hand at both, at MODerating is more difficult. Expecially with the number of troublemakers we get each day making our job more difficult...but in a way fun!

Anyways, This is something I did on the logan almost a year ago. My skills must have increased tenfold today, but i have never pothered to do another logan. I will do it shortly.

dacialoganfcopy.jpg

Ive tried my hand at both' date=' at MODerating is more difficult. Expecially with the number of troublemakers we get each day making our job more difficult...but in a way fun!

[/quote']

I would die to do that job of MODERATING for free.

You are so lucky to be paid for it. i am jealous. smiley36.gif

Well, Purely looks wise, The linea is a Mile ahead than the ANHC. Probably looks better than the civic. I havent driven the Petrol one yet, so I cant comment on it, but the ANHC isnt that great a car to drive. Again, that is a personal view.

It is difficult for Nissan to even stand against the Honda as the Honda have proved itself in INdia and have been steadily managing their lin-up with impressive models and the best example is "Jazz".

Nissan is a great company still finding its space in the Auto market. They are still struggling to establish their Teana as well as the X-Trail but fail to impress due to already established players like Honda and Toyota.

May be Chevrolet Cruz will make dent in City as well as Civic Sales, but that also not too badly.