Sign in to follow this  
rugs_tachy

Zen Tyres

Hey i have a Zen MPFi 2001 LX... i had the stock tyres of Jk 145/80 R 12.... i recently changed them.. those stock tyres gave a good life of 39,000 Kms...

I have upgraded my tyre profile to a tubeless Apollo 155/700 R 12.

A few points of notice after i changed into a higher profile:

1) Since i didnt have a Power Steering, the steering felt heavy on those stock set of tyres. With the change brought a significant difference it is now less heavier.

2) The traction is better too because of increase in the sectional width of the higher profile tyres and better cornering ability....(I haven't drifted it yet though)...

But the main point is that i have lost out on the ground clearance....

Guyz out there please help me and suggest some suspension mods without affecting the overall dynamics...

y Rugs... as far as improving Ground clearance... yu may have to change the 4 Dampers if the Odo reading is more 50K...

or you can fit aluminium spacers of say 3/4" thickness put under all the four coil springs, to effectively raise it's ground clearance but this will make the car look funny... the second is not recommended by Maruti and yu have to find a garage to do it... my personal advise is to drive dead slow on SBs

I have put aluminium spacers under all coil springs and the ground clearance has increased but in the old zen if you put more spacers you won't get that fun if you don't want  scrap body then go diagonally over those belly breakers.

hey harry i m also in a look out for a Baleno 2nd hand... right from the 2002-2006 model.... any price tht u know of.... wid odo meter reading between 20K to 40 K u must be knowing some1 at B'lore.... can we meet up... my no is +919972858858.. do gimme ur contact no so tht we can meet up

definetly... let me tell yu, Baleno is " ON DEMAND " and the used car market is ON LOOK OUT for Baleno's with similar features of what yu looking for.. i recently heard a 2005 got sold for 4.75L from true value ( not sure abt the Odo numbers ).. will let yu in two days for available Baleno's...  

checked for Baleno with a dealer whom i know, he currently doesnt have any with him... he will let me know in two days... but as per what he says the price difference between true value and other dealers is really not much... so why dont yu try from true value... check out www.marutitruevalue.com