winner48

Best car for 3.5 Lakhs

Which is the best car for about 3.5 lakhs.

The car will be driven by a LADY,so please give suggestions accordingly.

I am considering the A-Star, Estilo, Santro and Vista.

Is there any other car I can consider?smiley5.gif

I think that the Beat will be out of my budget. Am i right?

Beat might be in your budget. But it will be the base variant. Of the four that you mention the Marutis are far ahead in terms of technology wit the revolutionary K series engine. Of the two I would go for Estilo because it is roomier, but women find A-star to be cuter so take your pick of the two.

Another option to look at will be chevy spark, but dont let it confuse her if she is satisfied with any of the two cars.

Go for the chevy Spark, as its the most peppy,smooth,silent,efficient & easy to drive & is women friendly too.

Amongst ur choices if the driver is tall & wide then go for Estilo n if she's slim n not too tall,then go for A-star.

If It is driven by a Lady, I think a Maruti Product will be the best. In case anything happens in the middle of nowhere, At least it can be fixed. I would Say, Either A-Star or Alto

Spark will be the best choice man. With that sequential LPG kit, it will be very economical and yet powerful. Take a TD of all the cars, and I am sure the chevy will rob your heart when you TD it. Its Peppy, Spacious,Beautiful.

A* is a two seater man, if you want proof, take 4 people for TD

Vista is huge for ladies to drive

Santro unlg duckling

Of the lot I'd pick the Santro. I'm also tempted to say Spark' date=' but it seems to be hardly selling inspite of it's huge discounts. [/quote'] Although it isnt in topsellers list, but still 'hardly selling' is too hard a word. It sells quite well atleast so far what i have seen in my city as i can see many brand new sparks since few months, and also the LPG variant seems best technologically from the rest.

I would say wait for Beat or go for Santro or Spark. Estilo although with new engine, i dont think its worth a buy and A-star if she likes the looks then its ok but to me its ugly.

I'd suggest a Spark.  Small, adequately powered, relatively dependable, refined and easy to drive.  Meets all the driving needs of a lady.  If Chevrolet service is not available in the place (or is known to be very bad), then I may suggest Maruti new Estilo.  Maruti Alto and Hyundai Santro are certainly  dated.   

SALES

MAY

A-star- 2744

Estilo- 2236

Santro- 5752

Spark- 3042

JUNE

A-star- 2784

Estilo- 2245

Santro- 5411

Spark- 2728

JULY

A-star- 2486

Estilo- 1890

Santro- 5731

Spark- 2931

AUGUST

A-star- 2303

Estilo- 2711

Santro- 7588

Spark- 3679

Chevy Spark is not at all selling bad considering the news of bankrupcy of GM created in the past months.

Among all the choices mentioned, my choice is NONE.....I would highly recommend Chevy Spark. GM India is offering 3 year free maintenence scheme and you would not have to pay even a rupee on its servicing...I feel that is absolutely brilliant. It looks better than the rests and also has quite a peppy engine. It feels solid and build quality is better than the Suzukis..

Go for the Spark. Its anyday a  woman's best friend due to its cute styling and peppy engine and ease of parking due to its size...Its fun to drive too ...Plus GM India's 3 yrs maintenance package is a real peace of mind..Dont look further..Go for SPARK.

If you are not from a big city, servicing a Chevy product will be a real pain.

In the servicing front, Maruti scores very high.

The Santro, A-star and Estilo will fetch you considerabley highr resale value when compared to Spark.

A-star will be a very good option for lady drivers, since it is very comfortable and easy to drive in town. Spark also having good ride quality; but santro is the worst in ride comfort, due to stiff setup of suspension.

A-star and  the Estilo has the best gear shift quality amoung the four cars listed. Also the light steering of Estilo and A-star will be very helpful for a lady.

With the revised engine and gear box, Estilo is way better car for a lady driver than a Santro.

I would suggest you to pick between A-star and Estilo.

Better dont worry too much with the Estilo's past record. In every chance, the sales will improve with the recent facelift .

Chevy seems to be the popular suggestion for the specified budget and i agree. For a price of 3.5 you will probably end up with the lowest model of A-star, Santro and Estillo while you can get a LS model for the chevy which is pretty decent.

Chevy sold around 54,000 Sparks last year and thats not bad from any angle( Figures from Autocar Mag - Apr or May)

Chevy seems to be the popular suggestion for the specified budget and i agree. For a price of 3.5 you will probably end up with the lowest model of A-star, Santro and Estillo while you can get a LS model for the chevy which is pretty decent.

Chevy sold around 54,000 Sparks last year and thats not bad from any angle( Figures from Autocar Mag - Apr or May)

I would still suggest one of the Marutis, for the peace of mind, cheap service, and good resale value that these cars will fetch as they are the two newest kids in the segment. Also the new engine is a gem, you have to drive it to believe it.

271618_f520.jpg

Instead of Vista, you may try XETA (Petrol) as the dimensions are not too big like Vista and is much bigger and comfortable to drive as compared to 'cramped' Maruti / Chevrolet vehicles.   

side2.jpg

You may try this, first you and your wife seat in the back seat of either A-Star / Estilo and than try for XETA, the entire comfort level will get changed. Back seat space in Xeta is much better than any other cars in this price range.

XETA would surely serve the purpose in the city as well as on the highways.

palio_657x491.jpg

You can also try Palio Stile 1.1 also, it is a great vehicle to drive. Fiat is offering great discounts on Palio. The Palio's driving dynamics are among the best in all the hatches availale in India. It is a great driver's car.

But for real smooth engines and peace of mind and for A.S.S. no one can beat Maruti. But still they are too cramped once you are seated in the Tatas and Fiats.

After driving Xeta, I tried Estilo and Wagon R and my elbow kept touching to the the door panel as there is hardly any space. In Xeta I can stretch my elbow to 90 degrees and can rest my elbow there while holding the steering on highways. And in case of Maruti, my half of the elbow outside the window to drive like XETA.

Even the space in between the clutch, break and Accelerator is too narrow. They are placed very near as compared in Xeta and Palio.   

Instead of going for really 'small car' of 'NANO' size you go for big car and it is possible in your budget and the overall quality and A.S.S. is also very satisfactory.

You may try this' date=' first you and your wife seat in the back seat of either A-Star / Estilo and than try for XETA, the entire comfort level will get changed. Back seat space in Xeta is much better than any other cars in this price range.
[/quote']

@ tejas

1: this car is for my mom

2: i am just 18 years old, so I DONT have a wifesmiley17.gif

3: My mom will be driving herself, so rear space does NOT matter

4: Anyways thanks for your suggestions.

5: I think it is all my fault as i should have been more specific about my queries.

6: Thanks a lot guys. for all the efforts that you have put in.

2: i am just 18 years old' date=' so I DONT have a wifesmiley17.gif
[/quote']

Soyou can drive and you will need space for your friends to roam around atleast right. So obviously drop out A*.

Sit in it and you will spit in it (no hard feelings), its a slightly spacious than a reva.  Nothing like a spark man, your mom will love it, and so you do

Both the Indica Xeta and palio are pretty spacious cars. They are good value for money too.

However, it will be difficult for your mon to drive both, since the visibility from driver's seat is less; and the car is bulkier than rest of the cars compared here.

The space inside A-star, Estilo, Santro and Spark will be more than enough for a lady. You really need to go to the Xeta and Palio only if your mother is more than 6 feet. :-)

It's great that you are buying car for your mom, I wish I could the same in near future.

A-Star is the best choice with new engine.

Santro is also a very good option with high commanding driving position which is very important for lady drivers.

Have you checked i10 ? It has small dimensions, great interior and exterior and very nice engine.

Well actually, i will NOT use the car at all. I live in Delhi(studies) and my mom is in Amritsar(524 km away).

So i need a car for her only.

Rear seat space DOES NOT MATTER at all.

In past month Spark outselled both Estilo and A-star, DD i think now you should be clear that this doesnt means it hardly sells.

Anyways i dont buy the car on sales basis as with that figures in India you will always end up buying maruti, it sells well does not at all means that they make good products...

Rule out estilo, its too cramped from all angles.

your option should be between Spark/Santro & A-star(it looks yuk but its upto your personal likes & dislikes)