anuprav

The Chevy Cruze Thread.

Hi! guys,

GM is launching its much awaited Cruze on 26.09.2009.

This has been confirmed by the Sales executive of Vikas Motors, New Delhi who came here for the test drive of Optra.  I did not like the optra.  No doubt pick up was great (test Drive diesel).

So all can now look forward for the car to be displayed on 26.09.2009 at the dealers of GM.

The Sales guy told me that the prices shall be between 13 to 15 lacs

is it ex-showroom or OTR  ?

I have heard that there are only 2 variants being launched now. Both have diesel 2.0 L engine with MT. The high end also comes with a sun-roof.

15 L ex.  will mean placing it alongside Laura MT. I wonder if that gives GM a real good edge over its rivals ( esp if they need to beat civic and altis).

If they price the base diesel above 13 ex showroom better off buying a laura.
Cruze will more easy on pocket and more importantly it has 150bhp Tcdi modern, refined and powerful diesel unlike laura's outdated 105bhp unrefined and noisy engine, so how Laura is a better buy. And even in looks, A.s.s and features, Cruze will be ahead.

Cruze should do well if it targets Civic / Altis market segment. Penetrating the strong feel-good factor of Honda and Toyota in India will be a task. But offering a good product like cruze at good price should do the trick. How they do it is the million rupee Q? to be precise should say 1.3 m or 1.5 m Q!

And even in looks' date=' A.s.s and features, Cruze will be ahead.[/quote']

Err, i dont think GM has reputation of a great A.S.S. I know you own a GM car and you are better off commenting on it, Buttt GM's future few months back was bleak , thanks to its MD for Indian operations its doing better. No doubt Cruze is a great car- GM has to price it well , give better service interval with cheaper spares and prevent price cuts like they always do ( recently in Captiva too)

And even in looks' date=' A.s.s and features, Cruze will be ahead.[/quote']Err, i dont think GM has reputation of a great A.S.S. I know you own a GM car and you are better off commenting on it, Buttt GM's future few months back was bleak , thanks to its MD for Indian operations its doing better. No doubt Cruze is a great car- GM has to price it well , give better service interval with cheaper spares and prevent price cuts like they always do ( recently in Captiva too)
Well i own a chevy and i found it better than Honda or Hyundai thats what i own other than chevy. I dont i have heard that Chevy's A.s.s arent that great but as i have said earlier also in whole gujarat they have great A.s.s, and specially i found their showrooms of better standards than any other companies showroom in its class. Almost all there showrooms are quite good all over india like pretty neat, big, systematic workshops, lounges, etc with trained personnels and other staff. And till now my experience has been good and i hope in future also it remains good.

Just saw the car in physical & was also able to map the dealership guy to let me drive it a bit

Some observations :--

• Very good pickup & smooth delivery
  • Torqy but not loud - despite being a Diesel not much noise filtering thru the cabin
  • Good layout of dash & style
  • Decent boot but not comparable with Skoda
  • The same has solid feel as you get with skoda though the seats felt a bit too sporty for people on heavier side
  • As per the dealer (not confirming) the base model should be in tune of 11.5 lakhs where as the top (which i drove) should be around 13 lakhs
  • The top model has sunroof, 6 speaker (in place of 4) audio control in steering etc extra
  • Total of 6 colors
  • The stereo output not at par with Skoda

Took 2 photos but dont know how to post them.

Either guide me or share the ID for moderator & he/she can upload them

Hey wow, dealers are having it from now only, i checked out my dealer but it wasnt available yet, but as some dealers are having it, i think its 26th launch date would be sure. @Vineet did he gave you the exact launch date and which color you drove???

The price seems to be damn attractive and it has hell lot of features actually especially Sunroof and PEPS. Lucky guy that you got to drive it before its launch.

For pics:

-Go to imageshack.us

-upload the pic there

-resize it to 640X480

-After uploading choose DIRECT LINK from many links given

-Paste it here between tags.

or else mail me at bluesapphire07@indiatimes.com so that i can upload it on behalf of you.

Even i was pleasantly surprised when the dealership gave in for my push to get a drive :)

I drove a Blue color car

The other colors if i remember right are ; White, black, red, Blue, Silver & there was one more. I would not be surprised if it was some shade of golden

All these colors have Chevy names & sound diff but in layman language these were the colors.

What surprises me a bit is the date of launch!!

Typically the car manufacturers are known to launch cars in early part of week (typically Tuesday thru to Thursday) barring a few exceptions.

With this launch planned for a Saturday is really surprising!!
vineet2009-09-22 13:55:54

I have just spoken to all dealers in Delhi and non of them has received the cars for display. 

Can you please tell the name of dealer who is having the cruze on display.

Triumph New Delhi even now told that it will be around 12th of next month but I believe Autovikas has told me the right date of 26.09.2009

This color looks aswesome. It must go well with the light blue-grey interiors. I can't get a feel of its stance compared to other cars in pic. Some folks say it looks as  big as accord. is it true? I get a feel it is similar to civic or maybe a notch bigger. 

Just saw the car in physical & was also able to map the dealership guy to let me drive it a bit

Very good pickup & smooth delivery

Torqy but not loud - despite being a Diesel not much noise filtering thru the cabin

Good layout of dash & style

Decent boot but not comparable with Skoda

The same has solid feel as you get with skoda though the seats felt a bit too sporty for people on heavier side

As per the dealer (not confirming) the base model should be in tune of 11.5 lakhs where as the top (which i drove) should be around 13 lakhs

The top model has sunroof' date=' 6 speaker (in place of 4) audio control in steering etc extra

Total of 6 colors

The stereo output not at par with Skoda

[/quote']

lucky u man

i will also call my local dealer tomorrow

• Very good pickup & smooth delivery

• Torqy but not loud - despite being a Diesel not much noise filtering thru the cabin

• Good layout of dash & style

• Decent boot but not comparable with Skoda

• The same has solid feel as you get with skoda though the seats felt a bit too sporty for people on heavier side

• As per the dealer (not confirming) the base model should be in tune of 11.5 lakhs where as the top (which i drove) should be around 13 lakhs

• The top model has sunroof' date=' 6 speaker (in place of 4) audio control in steering etc extra

• Total of 6 colors

• The stereo output not at par with Skoda

[/quote']

lucky u man

i will also call my local dealer tomorrow

I have called all the dealers in New Delhi and Noida and non of them have received the cars.  Not a single car is on Display yet

Cant give name of the dealer as i promised with him

But can assure the same is already with Delhi/Noida dealers & if you probe you will see it.smiley2.gif

As for dates i was told 26th as confirmed date but still have doubts.

Someone else also saw the same car same place as me, not sure if he/she was able to drive but i was

attaching link from TB for ref

vineet2009-09-23 06:00:58

This color looks aswesome. It must go well with the light blue-grey interiors. I can't get a feel of its stance compared to other cars in pic. Some folks say it looks as  big as accord. is it true? I get a feel it is similar to civic or maybe a notch bigger. 

The size is same or equal to a Laura.