anuprav

The Chevy Cruze Thread.

@karenraheja

Yes' date=' it is a let down atleast on safety terms. I expected cruze to add fresh lease in this segment with new features and newer looks but not at the cost of safety.

But now it looks like Laura L&K AT (read 2 L engine) will continue to stay the best with its top notch DSG and skoda's superior brand value compared to GM despite being expensive by couple of lakhs.
[/quote']

I dont think only for Airbags Cruze will let down.. Cruze is the Safest car which GM has ever build with is stronge structure body... How many cars in India passes the Side pole test ? Side air bags are not manderty for India.. With the price of 14 lacs i dont think any auto maker can give this many features that to a craker diesel engine..

If Honda has same car with came featues & diesel engine i think they would have priced it more then 18 lacs.. Am not denying the Honda in qulaity they are the best..

I am not sure about the Airbag fuss  (though not sure it is only 2 airbag) but the car seems to have highest safety rating in Australia.

I loved watching this WTCC crash to realize how strongly built car is cruze...

amazing video....

Amazing i had gone through the full deatils of ANCAP.It got 5 star. Cruze got 35.04 points out of a possible 37 in the ANCAP testing. Cruze has got maximum points compare to all 5 star rating cars.

Here is the full deatils of ANCAP:

http://www.ancap.com.au/results/317/

I am not sure about the Airbag fuss  (though not sure it is only 2 airbag) but the car seems to have highest safety rating in Australia.

I loved watching this WTCC crash to realize how strongly built car is cruze...

amazing video....

Video is realy amzaing... BMW car wheel has come out.. What a strong body cruze have it..

Does anyone know where i can pay 50 k premuim for diwali dilevery in mumbai ?

1 lack is a bit to much. !!

pranab, why are you paying the premium, Just book it and its on first come first serve basis.

You will get the delivery before diwali

I am not sure about the Airbag fuss ?(though not sure it is only 2 airbag) but the car seems to have highest safety rating in Australia.

Half the things that is mentioned for Holden cruze in Aus safety is missing in indian versions.

?

Here is the list:

1) 2 airbags compared to 6 elsewhere.

2) EBD & BA missing.

3)?No?ESC and TCS

?

Iam sure the indian versions wd not qualify the Aus safety standards.

?

?
Buddy in each and every car its same only so Chevy is not to blame. First we people only dont want to pay premium for these features and but when they are not in a car and if car is priced well then we say that features are missing, atleast they are at par with competition and Laura is much more expensive so no sense in comparing it. Chevy has given their best, its our mentality due to which we dont get many features so blame yourself and not the company. The car is at par as competition and certainly better in many ways so there is no room for blaming the company so just stop this. And you cant compare the interior quality with that of germans and for that only they are asking you premium, so if you want QUALITY factor then look no further than Germans. I think interior plastic wasnt as bad but yes Civic has better but then even corolla altis doesnt comes with good quality interiors.

@Pranab, are you sure that they are asking for premium and not booking amount because they should not charge premium in any case as for now. Even vineet and other member have booked it without any premium, look for other showrooms in your city or look at other nearby city or simply wait for launch.

In my city they are booking it with 50k(Surat) but not TD is available, dont pay premium in any case buddy.bluesapphire2009-10-02 09:58:35

pranab' date=' why are you paying the premium, Just book it and its on first come first serve basis.

[/quote']

there saying diwali dilivery is 100% not possible.. astavinayak is asking for premuim.. otherwise i will get it by end of november.. do u hv any pull... hate the black money scumbags..

So why not wait till november or look for other dealers, am sure there are 3-4 dealers in Mumbai, look for them and if they are not having the car for display then let it launch 1st and then ask any dealer and am sure you will get one at the earliest without any black money. Else try Pune dealer or any one in Gujarat.

pranab' date=' why are you paying the premium, Just book it and its on first come first serve basis.

[/quote']

there saying diwali dilivery is 100% not possible.. astavinayak is asking for premuim.. otherwise i will get it by end of november.. do u hv any pull... hate the black money scumbags..

Pranab they are just making you fool by asking you premium. I will ask from my dealer and then let you know about the concerned person and about other dealer in Mumbai.

Today being holiday tomarrow I will get your work done. 

[/quote']

How quickly time changes!!

It was not long back that people on various forums were suggesting not to buy Chevy as its parent Co was filing for bankrupcy.

Now people (Especially dealers) who were finding it tough to find customers, are asking for premium?>

Pranab for sure mate there is no such feeling with dealers in North. They still remember those torrid days which are yet to completly go away!!

I also personally will want to see Cruze as a game changer & a car that turns around fortune of Chevy for good but to say that they can charge a premium for a car with no background (No costs disclosed, no exp in India conditions etc) is best described as a FOOLS GREED!!

Buddy in each and every car its same only so Chevy is not to blame. The car is at par as competition and certainly better in many ways so there is no room for blaming the company so just stop this.

All iam saying is dont get carried away by the Europe and Aus versions. They are loaded with lot of goodies that we dont get here. I wd have loved to have holden cruze at an additonal premium here.

A car of cruze size and power definetely needs EBD/ BA and ESC / TCS.

I expected atleast the top end to have them. They are more vital than sunroof or PEPS. Can you confirm if cruze LTZ has 2 or 4 airbags. The dealer and most members here say it is loaded with only 2 airbags.

Most top end versions in india including Palio, swift, SX4 and Elantra come with ABS + EBD.

Even Civic comes with ABS+EBD+BA.

As far as Laura L&K, it is unbeatable. It is worth an additonal 3.5 lakhs for its safety and its Automatic Triptronic (DSG)

It comes loaded with safety features like Xenon curve projector headlamps with dynamic levelling, parktronic - front and rear park distance control, tyre pressure monitoring system, six airbags. It also comes with active front head restraints, automatically dimming  rear view mirrors, retractable headlamp washers, ABS + EBD, ASR (Anti Slip Regulation) / TCS (Traction Control System), EDL (Electronic Differential Lock), ESP (Electronic Stability Program), MBA (Mechanical Brake Assistant) /HBA (Hydraulic Brake Assistant).

Its only having 2 airbags in LTZ model.

@ Pranab: please speak to Anunay Krishna at 9899921720 he will definately help you out.

Here no one is charging the premium on Cruze. Just booking at 50 K or 1 Lac.

Ashta Vinayak is a greedy man who wants to earn more extra bucks.

@ Pranab: please speak to Anunay Krishna at 9899921720 he will definately help you out.

the number is a wrong number =(

the number is a wrong number =(

The number I gave of Auto Vikas Delhi. Talk to him and he will help you out about your booking in Mumbai.

anuprav which dealer is he and hes from mumbai right.?

Its the number of AUTO VIKAS, Delhi.  I have spoken to him in the morning and he said as he is on leave and will tell me in the evening.  Put 0 before the number.

JDrive which would you go for > laura or cruze ? considering budget for around 15 lacks..

i dont really need diesel.. car will travel about less then 40 km a day!

cruze is not giving petrol!

so what should i do  > base model > laura 1.8tsi or cruze top end model ?

help me decide plz

thanx

hi guys

i happen to attend the chevy cruze preview held at taj chandigarh.

they were giving screenshots of the car in a catlogue form

i think they r planning a big launch of the car considering the preview

though not working yet

Pranab: I think you rule out diesel variant as you will not be using that much petrol in 2-3 years for the difference in price of diesel and petrol.

You can go for Laura but you will get ambiente variant which is the base model in skoda. But maintainance will be high in case of skoda and for laura there is a delay of one month from the date of booking as told by the dealer of skoda.

Dont take decision hurriedly. Wait and watch.