anuprav

The Chevy Cruze Thread.

and @vineet your car has a temp. UP number plate so are you in noida... i just wanted to ask what is the exact on road price of your cruze in delhi, actually we(me and my family) will be moving to delhi shortly and we plan to buy a car(Cruze) in delhi, so just wanted to ask what are the taxes registration charges etc...

i have heard they in delhi also charge Rs5000/- as parking charges, is it true

are taxes in noida and delhi same?(i doubt that)

The onroad price in Delhi is 13.40 lakhs

This is about 15 K cheaper than UP. My car has UP temp registeration as i took delivery from Shiva Motors, which is in Noida

Besides the authorities are close for Diwali hence took on the trade certificate.

It will be registered as a Delhi Number post Tuesday (Once RTO reopens)

As for what i was driving before & now? I was having a Laura till some time back & also have a Verna.

There is no comparison of Cruze with both in terms of Power deliverysmiley4.gif

I agree the fir finish of Laura might be a bit better but not starkingly diff. It also has that door thump that i liked very much with Laura

The thing comparable with Verna is the power kick on Turbo. It is AWESOME & something that is only felt & diff to describesmiley2.gif

Have now driven the car for about 150KM & yet to come across something i would have desired but not there.

Car has phenomenal road presence & i have been looked at wherever i gosmiley17.gif

Too much limelight; must say!!!

Will share FE & other details as i go along

i know bhopal is a small city compared to delhi, mumbai etc but not this much- that they they still dont have cruze even on display..smiley19.gif...this dealer sucks here in bhopalsmiley7.gif...

i have a one more little query- is the turbo lag felt even on gentle accelerations???

@vineet... thnx for the otr price. delhi is sure cheap when it come to automobiles...that is the reason for the price diff. b/w banglore and mumbai etc....

by the way do you know the prices of the cool accessories that they are offering- like the air pump, in car refrigerator, and that 'map my india' nav devices...

There were no accesories available at this time with the dealer.

He sighted the same to come along with next wave of deliveries (which are due around 26th)

Air pumps ideally are available even with good tyre shops & cost around 1500 odd.

i know bhopal is a small city compared to delhi' date=' mumbai etc but not this much- that they they still dont have cruze even on display[/quote']

Dont worry, you are not the only one. Even gujarat does not have cruze on display as it is not yet launched in Gujarat.

i know bhopal is a small city compared to delhi' date=' mumbai etc but not this much- that they they still dont have cruze even?on display[/quote']

Dont worry, you are not the only one. Even gujarat does not have cruze on display as it is not yet launched in Gujarat.
Well in Gujarat its available for display since 15days before launch. And for TD its available since 16th but after that all are closed down due to diwali and i think they wont open it before next week.

Dont let this cruze die smiley1.gif - Keep talking....

Has anyone taking a TD in mumbai ? from which showroom...

------------------------

Which car would u prefer after using it for 3 years.. ( laura or cruze)

@Pranab: did you contact the dealer which I told you in Mumbai.

Contact them and have a TD

The dealer you told me dosent exist anymore. smiley19.gif

I drove a little bit of the cruze for 2 mins... astyavinayak dealer - he is charging premuim of 1.5 lacks... ( he didnt let me drive more smiley7.gifsmiley7.gif )

+ hes to far... 2 hours from my house.

National garage is saying wait for few days because they have to register the car.. the car is on display..

today i drove the 1.9 laura... it wasnt great.. not powerfull enough as the cruze.. but the feel of the car was amazing..

if u get in contact on which dealers are giving the car, it would be great.

thanks.

iam looking at any detailed initial ownership feedback for Cruze that can also answer the following: 

1) The multi display shows miles as unit instead of km. I hope the reading however is in km and not miles. Who wd want to use a calci while driving.

2)  The speedometer range is 220kmph. Isnt it less for a car that claims top speed of 200+

3) Feedback on headlamps and night drive. I love the powerful lamps of Fiesta.

4) FE details

I shall continue over here -

Thank you Dr.Nishu < very respectable member of  ACI { ACI should be proud to have such a member }

thank you Pranab xD - was a helpfull answer..

I shall come back here when i arrive in india, till then goodbye to all. thanx for all responses.

I shall come back here when i arrive in india' date=' till then goodbye to all. thanx for all responses.
[/quote']

Welcome to India. Enjoy your stay here. If you happen to buy a car, please post your reviews in ACI forum. we would like to know an expat view of our cars and roads.

My initial Ownership views :--

• The cars Multi Info display is user friendly & easy to use. The details are sure in KM & not Miles
  • The FE i have been getting is 14+ as of now (Drove around 350 KM till now)
  • I feel same will go up by another 2 Km or so as i have been enjoying the power bursts a bit too muchsmiley2.gif

• The Stereo output is good but gets a little getting used too. The system ion Laura is much easier to use.
  • Though has Aux input but would have been great if also has USB direct input
  • Headlights no issue - Good power & decent output. Can be regarded better than Fiesta if that is a benchmark
  • No or very little accesories still available with dealers
  • Seats are comfy & better than Laura as have good side body support (Especially driver seats). You tend to feel as if sitting in a sports car rather than a sofa

Was speaking with someone from GM & what he told me is that they already have confirmed booking of 1500+ cars. Phenomenal number for car in this price bracket in India which is more of a Hatchback heaven smiley32.gif

guys wats the 0-100 time for cruze

i browsed n found its dng it in 9.8 secs

its the same as the magnum

but magnum is only 120bhp n cruze 150bhp

so the cruze shud be faster

is it due to the weight or any other reason???

guys wats the 0-100 time for cruze

i browsed n found its dng it in 9.8 secs
its the same as the magnum
but magnum is only 120bhp n cruze 150bhp
so the cruze shud be faster

is it due to the weight or any other reason???

Cruze 0-100 in 8.4 secs !