anuprav

The Chevy Cruze Thread.

On sunday i and my parents went to check out the Cruze and were dissappointed at the first place, as when we entered the showroom, there was nobody to greet us or to ask us what we wanted instead we have to ask them that we have came for Cruze, my mother in particular was very disappointed with this and told me to walk out, the receptionist said that Cruze is coming in some time from trial and the person from Cruze team will come soon but we walked out. We were about to reach home and a call came from executive who knows me said that 'sir why are you angry, i am very sorry but due to sunday there was less staff and thus the inconvinience' and said to come back to check out cruze. Then we went again and scolded him that we came to buy a big car and not grains that you didnt even bothered to ask us and respond us, again he said sorry and after some time we went to TD the car.

My mother said that car looked good but was looking compact, interiors to her were not so luxurious with beige interiors with wooden trims missing but my father was too happy with the drive and features this car offered at good price. And even i felt that Grey leather seats didnt gave any good feel, it should be either black or beige.

But overall the car was good and my father is planning for it in december, previously my father wanted to have it before mid-nov itself but my mother told him to wait for a month. Lets see what happens, my mother also agreed but she is like feeling lack of choice - Civic is old, corolla is boring, with Laura they like everything except octavia like old looks and Jetta with slow engines and high price was not considered.

@Vineet and other Cruze owners, please write your experiences regarding its stability, and build quality coz i am doubtful about its build, i want a car which remains in new position even after 5-6 years like our 2003 Honda City is and should have same build, the doors should have same feel and not like handing ones making wierd noises while closing like i have seen in many old optra's.

And one more thing i asked you before:

There is a key-hole near armrest which is given when the battery of remote gets discharged and by inserting the key we can start the car with the start button. Regarding this, the Ahmedabad dealer said that after the battery gets discharged you will have to get it replaced at dealer's showroom, while our Surat dealer said that the key will automatically get charged once you insert the key and battery is not to be replaced once it gets discharged, so basically that key hole is a charger for key. So please clear this query as both dealer's answer were different and hence i am confused.

@Vineet and other Cruze owners' date=' please write your experiences regarding its stability, and build quality coz i am doubtful about its build, i want a car which remains in new position even after 5-6 years like our 2003 Honda City is and should have same build, the doors should have same feel and not like handing ones making wierd noises while closing like i have seen in many old optra's.

And one more thing i asked you before:
There is a key-hole near armrest which is given when the battery of remote gets discharged and by inserting the key we can start the car with the start button. Regarding this, the Ahmedabad dealer said that after the battery gets discharged you will have to get it replaced at dealer's showroom, while our Surat dealer said that the key will automatically get charged once you insert the key and battery is not to be replaced once it gets discharged, so basically that key hole is a charger for key. So please clear this query as both dealer's answer were different and hence i am confused.[/quote']

bluesapphire i shared my experiences before too. The car has absolutely no build issues as have been percieved by many.

I got mine serviced at 1000Km a couple of days back & am yet to come across a nick nack.

I live in Noida & have the luxury of driving on express highway & have done upto 160 KMPH without a hint of tiredness displayed by car. Note - this is very unlike Laura as i have onwed that before too

The FE has been a delight with me getting it around 18 in last 3 or 4 tank ups.

The interior thoough not Biege is actualy better for Indian conditions if you ask me. My Laura & Endeavours seats (more so Driver which is heavy usage) had black color easily available on its ends. The same is not so with Grey color theme

Stereo is also a boon with great outputsmiley32.gif

There are 2 slots in armrest; one is Aux for Ipods etc. Not sure of the second one will check when visit the dealer next

I took a calculated risk of going for this car as it is more of a drivers car compared to competition & at lower cost (Laura or Civic).

Add to that the need for Diesel which is not met at this rate/cost by anyone

I have kept many cars in past but am yet to come across a car which can be termed as "Complete Package". You will like some & dislike so more!!

Main point to consider that does it meet the top 5 needs that you have?

Mine were :--

1. Diesel
  2. Cost (under 14 lakhs)
  3. 3 Box - Should have boot
  4. ASS - Very poor of Skoda
  5. Features like Sunroof & stereo of highest quality

I got all these in one car what else could you want. I have people pass comments like; very BMW type interiors minus wood finish etc passed by people riding with me

Yet to come across any comparable car (Civic, Altis or Laura) which has been able to match the pickup at a red light .smiley10.gif

I was not looking for anything more in a car; for now!!

Yes, the other slot is the Key hole. Please read it in manual if possible and share here whats it exactly.

Thanks for the info. How does it drives in city especially in traffic as it has turbo lag so might be difficult to maintain at 3rd gear.

yes its a good car indeed but i didnt liked those grey seats, doesnt feels upmarket and my mother found the seats not so soft(lacks cushioning), i am yet to notice.

My main priorities are:

Build and Ride

Features

Performance

Good interiors and plastics

Comfort and space.

Now from these i doubt Cruze's build and interior plastics, rest i am satisfied.bluesapphire2009-11-03 09:47:42

Yes' date=' the other slot is the Key hole. Please read it in manual if possible and share here whats it exactly.
Thanks for the info. How does it drives in city especially in traffic as it has turbo lag so might be difficult to maintain at 3rd gear.
yes its a good car indeed but i didnt liked those grey seats, doesnt feels upmarket and my mother found the seats not so soft(lacks cushioning), i am yet to notice.

My main priorities are:
Build and Ride
Features
Performance
Good interiors and plastics
Comfort and space.

Now from these i doubt Cruze's build and interior plastics, rest i am satisfied.[/quote']

My comments in line with points :--

1) Build and Ride  -- Very Good; have had no issues & only a paradigm
2) Features  -- Excellent; yet to see a match in this cost
3) Performance -- FE is excellent so is the engine

4) Good interiors and plastics -- Interiors are peron to person specific choice but i would rate as good. Switches & nobs could have been better but no glaring gaps & misses as in some other cars
5) Comfort and space -- Space is again decent the sloping roof my give you to impressions in first go but i am sure is not factual as my friends are 6 1/2 feet tall also & they have had no issues.

Seat & lumbard support is excellent

As for Slot i will check & revert.

The gear shift is diff from maybe Laura's but the lag is not something which makes you discomforted in city. Ok it does need getting use to (so does any diesel) but it creates no hassles even in old delhi area where i have driven this myself.

COROLLA ALTIS still a segment leader !!!!
Altis = 840
Cruze= 812
Civic = 623
Laura = 460
Jetta = 165

Another way to look at market reaction to Cruze is the actual figures for Oct 09.

Need i mention, In comparison to all other cars, Cruze figures are only for 15 days as the car was officially launched on 12th Oct & there were many dealers across India who did not have showcase car; leave aside for deliveries thru most part of Oct.

Altis = 840

Cruze= 812
Civic = 623
Laura = 460
Jetta = 165

I believe the higher sales of Altis attributes to the following reasons:
1) Many businesses/corporates/hotels/taxi operators prefer the plain look of the Altis, than that of the space aged Civic
2) Back seat comfort, which is very important requirement for #1
3) Better perceived value for money- compared to Civic

Compared to Laura; many forums have the clippings from Media saying Skoda sales are up 90% odd but what they smartly tell later is that it is comparison YoY.

If you compare the figures to Sept 09 you will see a drop of close to 10% (my take initial impact of Cruze) despite they offering schemes.

Thanks for info vineet.

I am now waiting for Auto Expo to come out any news on face-lift/new model/engine change in D segment cars, also an engine change and some more features with a minor face-lift on Jetta(probably with a 1.8TSi hopefully smiley4.gif).

Till now i and my family have finalised on Cruze but infact my father wanted to buy it in November itself but my mother told him to buy it in Dec-Jan, and after my mother decision i thought to wait till expo if we are not buying in november anyway.

And regarding sales, i think its all initial hype created pre-launch, it will be interesting to see how it fares after coming 2-3 months, but i think it will sell more in after sometime as being a Chevy, only few are interested and many will buy it after seeing its review and see if there are any faults are the car is alright. My best wishes to Cruze.

Well can anybody tell me whats the service interval for Cruze.

And, one day the other dealer called me and said me that all the dealers in India are getting one color each for the car that means only 6-7 cars a month. Is this true, because with this the colors which are not selling will kept in dust. And the figures of october month are 812, so i suppose those are delivered figures right. So as per this allocation as told by my dealer, they cant sell more than 850 cars a month even if they want to.

Well can anybody tell me whats the service interval for Cruze.

And' date=' one day the other dealer called me and said me that all the dealers in India are getting one color each for the car that means only 6-7 cars a month. Is this true, because with this the colors which are not selling will kept in dust. And the figures of october month are 812, so i suppose those are delivered figures right. So as per this allocation as told by my dealer, they cant sell more than 850 cars a month even if they want to. [/quote']

Plain lying by the dealer. I myself got 8 cars offloaded from trailers to choose mine on 14th at my dealership

The interval is same as of Maruti or others in Diesel.

1st @ 1000KM, 2nd @ 5000KM, 3rd @ 10000KM & like wise.

Thanks for info vineet.
I am now waiting for Auto Expo to come out any news on face-lift/new model/engine change in D segment cars' date=' also an engine change and some more features with a minor face-lift on Jetta(probably with a 1.8TSi hopefully smiley4.gif).
Till now i and my family have finalised on Cruze but infact my father wanted to buy it in November itself but my mother told him to buy it in Dec-Jan, and after my mother decision i thought to wait till expo if we are not buying in november anyway.

And regarding sales, i think its all initial hype created pre-launch, it will be interesting to see how it fares after coming 2-3 months, but i think it will sell more in after sometime as being a Chevy, only few are interested and many will buy it after seeing its review and see if there are any faults are the car is alright. My best wishes to Cruze.[/quote']

Congratulations on the booking BS! I was just wondering..how much does the cruze cost onroad in India?

Also, which variant are you looking to own? the petrol or the diesel?

thanks BS.  I was worried as something wrong with the car.

As of now driving Cruze very less.  Its being used by our company.  About this clutch pressing came to know yesterday.

I found that there is a Turbo Lag and driving in the heavy traffic is a problem.

A stable car at high speed.

Well i dont understand its a problem or a part of it.  I have to press the clutch to start the car?

Service guy said its due to too many electrical parts??

When i did a TD, i was told that in order to start / stop the car, you will need to press the clutch along with pressing the start/stop button. That makes sense too to avoid turning on /off the car accidentally.

But in slow moving traffic where clutch is pressed most of time, there is still a possibility of turning off the car by kids.

(you press the clutch, your kid will press the stop button!) 

But in slow moving traffic where clutch is pressed most of time' date=' there is still a possibility of turning off the car by kids.

(you press the clutch, your kid will press the stop button!) [/quote']

Yes but still that will be rare Jdrive, but starting the car accidentally can be quite often.

@Anuprav, so how about sharing a review of car, as i am thinking for it, is the turbo lag a major problem driving it in traffic. I & my mother will be driving it in city.

And what color you have???

Has anyone driver above 1000 km ? any problems..

or even 700 km.

How is the car so far ? should we go for this

Note from Moderator: Avoid posting subsequent back to back posts.

Also, use proper Capital letters where required.
BornFree2009-11-13 11:18:15

I guess your the boss anuprav, so do you sit behind or ahead? Is it comfy behind for long hours?

Note From Admin: Post edited for SMS lingo. Please read the rules and regulations of the forum. Take time to type out entire words, it just helps to keep the post readable.

FuelRunGod2009-11-13 19:44:06

hi guys checked the car  today since we owned a optra before ..... me and my dad are really intrested in this car ...... will be booking the car in a weeks time and they said delivery is 2 weeks ..... hope to get my hands on the car soon and please suggest a good colour ...... i  and my dad personally like the red .... we dont mind black but already have a black punto multijet aand a black r15...so not into black always so suggest any colour apart from black guys .... and suggest wether to go for lt or the ltz .....which is a better buy