anuprav

The Chevy Cruze Thread.

LTZ is a better buy with loads of features which makes Cruze special. And regarding color well its personal choice but in Cruze, the colors best to me are Black, Velvet Red and White. I have seen golden and its good to but not of my choice, and misty lake is worst of all. I havent seen Atlantis blue so cant comment.

Have seen 2 red Cruze in my city. It looks good.

Has anyone driver above 1000 km ? any problems..

or even 700 km.

How is the car so far ? should we go for this

Note from Moderator: Avoid posting subsequent back to back posts.

Also' date=' use proper Capital letters where required.
[/quote']

Hi I have done close to 1500 now in mine. I own a White LTZ(first in North India). No issues till date. Have got it serviced for 1000Kms & the only issue that was pointed out (As i drive on Noida Express Highway) i could feel a bit of steering vibrations above 130km/hR. They are looking at getting that corrected & have asked me to send the car back for the repair.

This is a minot issue as i dont think many around will drive at such speeds in India. As for otherwise the car is awesone & has been providing a FE of 17KMPL.
vineet2009-11-16 03:50:25

@bluesapphire

i saw the cruze in white on road last night, Its look off the hook ! amazing - looks like a bmw from behind.

vineet - can you justify the minor issue, after 130 km vibrates - OMG

Anuprav - can you to justify on this to.

Am a high speed driver, on marine drive i drive at  120km in my getz > its going to be my first sedan for my personal use > i dont want these kinds of problems when i will be cruzing on 170 km etc.

let me know please.

i could feel a bit of steering vibrations above 130km/hR. They are looking at getting that corrected & have asked me to send the car back for the repair.

This is a minot issue as i dont think many around will drive at such speeds in India. As for otherwise the car is awesone & has been providing a FE of 17KMPL.

I think you are facing wobbling at 130 kmph speed point. Do you see the vibration even after you cross 140/150? Looks like the wheel balancing / alignment was not done correctly for your car. This should be minor thing to fix. 

Guys the issue is more of Wobbling which is due to wheel balancing. This could have been done by any Wheel balancer locally.

What impresses me the most is that Chevy is willing to own such a small issue too!!smiley32.gif

I personally dont know many who drive above 100 in metros. It is far & few inbetween like me who have facilities like Express highway to enjoy

The true charm of the car comes in when you drive it on speeds excess of 100. You come to know of the true pedigree of stonker of a engine under the hood.smiley2.gif

I have done upto 180 & have enjoyed it to core.

Am sure there are others who can & will do higher speeds as the car is well equiped too!!

You dont expect wobbling in a new car. That must have been taken care in PDI. So it was right for the dealer to own the issue.

Yes, Cruze looks solid till 180. It went on till 210. (The TD car was pulling towards one side. Wheel alignment issue there. Maybe it could have gone beyond that. Strangely, the speedometer reading is only upto 220!)

Its awesome that you are getting an unbelievable 17 kmpl on your car. Is it only you or most folks getting the same?

Well a new car should not have any wheel balancing problems. And although not in City but 130 is normal for highways and thus its not an small issue atleast for me.

Still we are yet to decide on new car. I think i will wait for Auto-Expo, delhi.

Still we are yet to decide on new car. I think i will wait for Auto-Expo' date=' delhi.[/quote']

which cars are coming in auto exp ? any thing competing with cruze, laura, civic, altis, jetta ?

@Power, well i dont think any new cars are coming, but waiting for engine update for Jetta, may be a new common rail or TSi petrol.

And also looking forward to Linea 1.4Tjet or 1.6mjd, only if its with improved interiors(quality wise) and more features.

Check the back of the book of the latest issue of Autocar India and you'll find your answer.

FRG

Well if you want us to read from the magazine then why talk here sir ? I Thought u want to grow this blog or you just want people to read the magazine and forget about the blog ?smiley18.gif

There are more blogs which would answer my queries without asking me to check something else.

FRG - PROMOTE dont DE-PROMOTE

Simply because that's what I would be doing to check the timings before posting here. Nobody knows them by heart. But since you don't want to do that I will. Here are the timings.

Chevrolet Cruze

0-100kph                              9.64s

20-80kph in 3rd gear          13.83s

40-100kph in 4th gear       16.38s

Honda Civic MT

0-100kph                              9.59s

20-80kph in 3rd gear          12.23s

40-100kph in 4th gear        16.37s

FRG

FuelRunGod2009-11-18 18:34:44

But if u down shift, then the cruze is faster > thats how u need to drive in diesel turbocharged cars.. once u down shift~ then no one can catch you right ?

What about 2nd gear - 20-80km ? 4 secs once turbo kick in.smiley20.gif

GM Cruze has keyless entry called 'Passive Entry Passive Start' [PEPS] feature, by which the owner/driver with keyfob in the pocket could enter and start the car.  If the owner/driver is outside the car within 2 m distance, then also the car could be started/boot opened by anyother unauthorized person.  I don't know whether this PEPS enhances security or is a security-risk, especially in India.

GM Cruze has keyless entry called 'Passive Entry Passive Start' [PEPS] feature' date=' by which the owner/driver with keyfob in the pocket could enter and start the car.  If the owner/driver is outside the car within 2 m distance, then also the car could be started/boot opened by anyother unauthorized person.  I don't know whether this PEPS enhances security or is a security-risk, especially in India.[/quote']

Its around 1 meter. You can try to start the car with the car in the back seat...it will not start. They have done enuff fine tuning with the system.

Anyone intrested in buy new Chevy CRUZE LTZ MODEL ?

I am selling mine as this car is not made for a city like mumbai with heavy traffic. My legs start to pain driving this car.. My dads hates the comfort behind.

Brand new car, not even a month old.

anyone intrested ? asap please. need to buy another car.

Anyone intrested in buy new Chevy CRUZE LTZ MODEL ?

I am selling mine as this car is not made for a city like mumbai with heavy traffic. My legs start to pain driving this car.. My dads hates the comfort behind.

Brand new car' date=' not even a month old.

anyone intrested ? asap please. need to buy another car.
[/quote']

Didn't you Test drive the car before purchase? I was actually in awe of the car when I read the spec's, but one Test Drive I changed my mind.