anuprav

The Chevy Cruze Thread.

Anyone intrested in buy new Chevy CRUZE LTZ MODEL ?

I am selling mine as this car is not made for a city like mumbai with heavy traffic. My legs start to pain driving this car.. My dads hates the comfort behind.

Brand new car' date=' not even a month old.

anyone intrested ? asap please. need to buy another car.
[/quote'] Is it that bad? , i dont think so, i drove it and though it has good power for 1st gear, in 2nd gear its slow means has less power, but didnt knew its that bad.

And why your dad hates the comfort, is it because of seats or space or something else. Please give a detail report so that the people who are looking for Cruze are aware of everything.

DD' date=' did you post a TD experience? Maybe I missed!

I knew Cruze had a low end torque problem but its so grave is surprising!
[/quote']

Yes did a TD, see page 25, it was very brief and I wasn't very comfortable with the heavy clutch and the turbo lag was always there and in city limit's when you amble around in say 1000-1500 rpm anything above 2nd gear doesn't work. I have TD'ed an Elantra CRDI it was quiet comfortable; and also TD'ed Indigo's which had a lighter clutch, man this is 10 time's harder than my Elantra petrol clutch. Basically this is the worst car I have TD'ed in a long time, even the ride in backseat wasn't that good and my son who was in the backseat wasn't comfy; this could be a one off experience or something wrong with the TD vehicle, as Vineet had pointed out: he is quiet happy with his Cruze. I have TDed even a petrol Optra 1.6 (4year's back) that's real breath of fresh air compared to the Cruze TD. I don't think a modern diesel car can be all that bad, may the TD car was all screwed up.Durango Dude2009-11-27 09:48:17

GM Cruze has keyless entry called 'Passive Entry Passive Start' [PEPS] feature' date=' by which the owner/driver with keyfob in the pocket could enter and start the car.  If the owner/driver is outside the car within 2 m distance, then also the car could be started/boot opened by anyother unauthorized person.  I don't know whether this PEPS enhances security or is a security-risk, especially in India.[/quote'] Well, the car wont start only if the key remote is not inside the car, yes one can open or close the car if you are outside within set limit but no one can start the car, the remote has to be inside the car for doing that. And even if you dont wont to handle this sensor thing, you can configure the settings and use it like normal remote and not with sensors.

DD, lack of low end torque is understandable but heavy clutch is a big turn off in a car that needs frequent clutching.

"Worst car ever", Im shocked! Have taken it completely out of my short list.

Actually I've driven some modern diesels like Fiesta, even Optra was ok. Laura & Octy are also good to drive.

There could be a faint chance of the test car being screwed up.

It is too a heavy on clutch in cruze compared to even powerful cars. No wonder ladies will loathe it for city drive.

@Emily

sad to know that you ended up buying a car that actually did not satisfy you.

Even anuprav seemed not too excited as far as back seat ride was concerned.

This is an indication of the yet to come market verdict for cruze. Even though it will make substantial numbers in this segment, it will be hard to take on the comfort of altis and civic. Cruze is purely a driver's car and it will have to compete hard with Laura to stay afloat. Laura's strategy will now be to neutralise the price advantage of cruze.

It is too a heavy on clutch in cruze compared to even powerful cars. No wonder ladies will loathe it for city drive.

@Emily

sad to know that you ended up buying a car that actually did not satisfy you.

Even anuprav seemed not too excited as far as back seat ride was concerned.

This is an indication of the yet to come market verdict for cruze. Even though it will make substantial numbers in this segment' date=' it will be hard to take on the comfort of altis and civic. Cruze is purely a driver's car and it will have to compete hard with Laura to stay afloat. Laura's strategy will now be to neutralise the price advantage of cruze.

[/quote']

Add to the easy stated Price diff Laura, or should i say Skoda will also need to do a lot for the ASS feedback that forums are full off.

I am personally a Ex owner of Laura & know for sure that apart from 1.8TSI there is nothing which comes close to Cruze.

Yes you are right it is a drivers car & if it does not have part heavy clutch it will have Fly wheel issues.

My apologies for late response as i was out on a trip to Chd & then across hills. I did all of this in Cruze & must say all this issue of lag is only verbatim (Atleast on highways). Also not all highways are 4 laned in India & you have all the dramas of congested highways to extra torque for sudden overtakes.

All this said; i have now done close to 2900Km in this car & i agree there is some lag in 2nd Gear but that is not that much that people are discarding it as diff to drive etc.

Guys plz go thru this link for ref to Cruze.

This is courtsey Overdrive

The Chevrolet Cruze has achieved new standards on the safety front by scoring the highest points in the Euro NCAP test. The Euro New Car Assessment Programme (NCAP) provides realistic and independent assessment of the safety performance of cars. The Cruze achieved 16 points in the frontal impact test and 8 points in the side impact test along with a total score of 79 out of 100 points making it the first car ever to get a clear five star rating.

The top three scorers of Euro NCAP with five star rating are the BMW X1, Chevrolet Cruze and the Citroen DS3. The Chevrolet Cruze, Opel Astra and Volkswagen Scirocco also scored the top spot since they have headrests and seats that offer good whiplash protection. The Cruze had previously achieved a five star rating in the Australian NCAP and China NCAP as well.

Well vineet  - talk about india' date=' not europe 

In mumbai this car sucks, Its only a highway car. Australian Cruze Is way better.
[/quote']

So is the case for Skoda in that case as in EU Skoda is regarded as most reliable & fastest growing manufacturer.

Same is not true in India :)

As far as Mumbai is concerned, no comments on traffic but Delhi is not that far behind in traffic & unlike anyone on this forum I have had the car for the longest & am driving on close to 2000+ KM which were for sure spent driving on Delhi roads only (Not on highways)

Sad you have to bear the loss by selling it new!! Though, best of luck for next buy.

Do keep us posted about the resale value that you derived out of this sale plz as that will the first in India.

Post edited: Spelling mistakes corrected.
BornFree2009-11-27 13:16:17

DD' date=' did you post a TD experience? Maybe I missed!

I knew Cruze had a low end torque problem but its so grave is surprising!
[/quote']

Yes did a TD, see page 25, it was very brief and I wasn't very comfortable with the heavy clutch and the turbo lag was always there and in city limit's when you amble around in say 1000-1500 rpm anything above 2nd gear doesn't work. I have TD'ed an Elantra CRDI it was quiet comfortable; and also TD'ed Indigo's which had a lighter clutch, man this is 10 time's harder than my Elantra petrol clutch. Basically this is the worst car I have TD'ed in a long time, even the ride in backseat wasn't that good and my son who was in the backseat wasn't comfy; this could be a one off experience or something wrong with the TD vehicle, as Vineet had pointed out: he is quiet happy with his Cruze. I have TDed even a petrol Optra 1.6 (4year's back) that's real breath of fresh air compared to the Cruze TD. I don't think a modern diesel car can be all that bad, may the TD car was all screwed up.

DD and Bornfree just viewing the thread today for the first time and am in for a great surprise- thats quite a lemon for some Rs 14 L PLUS. Chevrolet did a lot of publicity for this car.Feel sorry for that.Actually there aren't many on the roads till now.

Also feel bad Emily Martinez as you have decided to get rid of the brand new Cruze so soon due to the problems faced in city driving!

anjan_c20072009-11-27 15:18:54

I allready have a buyer - he quotes 13.20 lacks..

I bought the car for 14.30 lacks mumbai registeration.

Guys do you think hes quoting a bit less ?

I dont think you should hurry like this, be patience and try driving car again, may be you like it. Decisions are not taken in this way, you should have found this at the time of Test Drive only.

@Emily, any updates on your car, whether you sold or decided to keep or still deciding?

@Vineet, it will be good if have some more pics of interiors as well as exteriors. Even the Cruze thread is going the 'Welcome Linea thread' way but there is only a single owner of Cruze in the forum till now.

@Emily

Hi Emily,

Its not good that you are facing too much irritants from your One & a half million car.

These were the probable reasons due to which i've advised you to go for Toyota Corolla Altis or Skoda Laura in your earlier thread which you have posted before your purchase.... If you do remember !!!  

@anuprav

There are always pros & cons of everything similar is the case with the Cruze too.

Its a good car,infact personally i like it too....

Its just the Customer needs & what he/she needs makes all the difference.

As there's a famous saying "Beauty always lie in the Eyes of the observer infact not in the things what he/she see...."

Yesterday i test drove the Chevy cruze.Man its a fantastic car.

The pros that i loved was:-

Rock solid built quality

Classic front and rear

Fantastic interiors

Very good AC

Great Integrated Music system ,the sound effect was good

Good new features like push start

Good suspension

Very good pick up

Good braking

Beautifully design sun roof.The sunroof lining was excellent.

Very few panel gaps.

Instrument cluster-i love it man. Especially in the dark.It looks fantastic.

Very powerful 2Ltr engine with 150ps @ 4000rpm

Even in the LT variant, the Airbag and ABS exists

The Cons:

The turbolag - really felt annoyed about that.The power kicks in only at 2600-2650 rpm. It will become a hell while driving in city traffic conditions.

Low ground clearence -only 165 mm.

Fabric seats are not that good looking. offcourse the leather seats were good.

Not very responsive power steering.It was not bad,but ok.

The LT doesn't come with many things like Leather seats,Rear park assist steering mounted audio controls power folding mirrior,rain sensitive wiper system,automatic climate control,push button ignition,Front fog lamps etc.Mind that the LT costs about 13.5L even then none the these features are available.

It was not extremely roomy.Doesnot look like a C+segment car.

Driving position was not comfortable at all.Looked like the adjustment makes the driver go very close to the steering and the next level adjustment is very far behind the steering.I really felt uncomfortable while driving.

The dash board was really reflecting on the glass.I felt a bit difficult to drive beacuse of the reflection.

The LT variant's on road price at Bangalore is approx Rs.13.5L.As said earlier there is not much features available in the LT variant.But the LTZ variant is fully packed with new features.The LTZ costs approx 15.2L which makes THE CRUZE very costly.