anuprav

The Chevy Cruze Thread.

Hey guys,

Yesterday agian I took a test drive of the Cruze.

Obiviously I didn't liked the interiors very much but it was fine but the main problem was:

The regulator of the AC was touching my leg, whenever I press or release the clutch, my left leg touches with the regulator and keeps it turining the AC on.

I was constantly turning the AC off and it was turning back on.

My height is 6 feet.

Is there some resolutin to this problem.

I might not buy this car for the only reason since it was very annoying.

Guys pplease help here....

Thanks

Hey guys' date='

Obiviously I didn't liked the interiors very much but it was fine but the main problem was:

The regulator of the AC was touching my leg, whenever I press or release the clutch, my left leg touches with the regulator and keeps it turining the AC on.

My height is 6 feet.

Thanks
[/quote']

Typically most of us in India (read; moving up the chain) buying cars are not use to of a design of this sort which extends all the way thru & thus do end up having this issue.

The refernce here of height has nothing to do with this issue.

I am not that tall (read 5'6") & i also had this issue in first week but thereafter it never came in perview too till i read this post.

My borther in law is about 6'4" & he has not complained about this though he has driven my car quite a few times.

Hey guys' date='

My height is 6 feet.

Thanks
[/quote']

Typically most of us in India (read; moving up the chain) buying cars are not use to of a design of this sort which extends all the way thru & thus do end up having this issue.

The refernce here of height has nothing to do with this issue.

I am not that tall (read 5'6") & i also had this issue in first week but thereafter it never came in perview too till i read this post.

My borther in law is about 6'4" & he has not complained about this though he has driven my car quite a few times.
@vineet...Hey buddy, U mentioned that u had encountered a similar problem in the first week, so can u tell me why did it get disappeared after one week. Can I also expect that I also will face this problem for one week.

I am sort of holding my decision because of this.

Thanks.

Infact the whole large structure holding those panels limit the legroom hence preventing the movement of left leg. You feel it more when you jump on to cruze after driving another car. Maybe one gets used to it over time. Otherwise, i did not see issues from driver front apart from hard clutch and the lag.  

But the biggest setback happens on rear-seat passenger comfort. That has made me drop cruze off my list. The headroom is pathetic when 3 are seated behind. When you add a kids seat in the middle, the 2 other passengers on either sides are forced to move closer to door in all cars. But when you do that in cruze, the head of these passengers will touch the roof. Thats quite crampy for a 15 Lakhs car.

Overall its a nice car to drive,with hell of features

but these few more features would have made this car more exciting and a great pack to buy like,

>Digital speedo meter console.

>Projector lights

are the main features which i found missing.

Well i went for some work at tardeo, My dads friend is second hand car dealer, i went to have a visit. i allready saw 3 cruzes for sale - lol

People are really selling they car. My uncle said 2 of owners and selling  the car because of poor clutch and horrible comfort behind, and the 3rd owners was complaining about turbo lag in city usage. So any of you looking at cruze - take a serious note on these two points.

Gm dissapointment again.
Power2009-12-07 22:01:36

Well i went?for some work at tardeo' date='?My dads friend?is second hand car dealer,?i went to have a visit. i allready saw 3 cruzes for sale - lol

People are really?selling they car. My uncle said?2 of?owners and selling ?the car because of poor clutch and horrible comfort behind, and?the 3rd owners was complaining about turbo lag in city usage.?So any of you looking at cruze - take a serious note on these two points.

?

?Gm dissapointment again.
[/quote']

My predictions ring true if this information is right.

Cruze offer a great lot of features but they are available in the higher ended version. And the premium being demanded by them is a great more than deserving.

Taking the case of Honda cars, the premium demanded is also a great deal. But still its sales are way way ahead of Chevy.

IMHO thats because of the market reputation. People are ready to pay more for a Honda rather than for a Chevy product. Any other factors?

Well i went for some work at tardeo' date=' My dads friend is second hand car dealer, i went to have a visit. i allready saw 3 cruzes for sale - lol

People are really selling they car. My uncle said 2 of owners and selling  the car because of poor clutch and horrible comfort behind, and the 3rd owners was complaining about turbo lag in city usage. So any of you looking at cruze - take a serious note on these two points.

Gm dissapointment again.
[/quote']

Hi, can you please let me know about this Second Hand Car dealer? I would like to check out the Cruze and the price being offered for it.

Cruze seems to be slow crusing the Aveo way! starting to fade in just couple of months.

Hope' date=' the Beat will revive GM sales.[/quote']

Well that is a complete misconception my friend.Cruze has been a runaway hit for GM.1st month sales were at 814.2nd month is down because of delievry constraints in Nov..I am informed by a top GM official that they have close to 1500 orders pending.They are very happy with the way Cruze has been received.

because it better to cancel than sell after a month smiley1.gif

Hard Clutch and Leg/Head room (esp in rear) puts you off. The clutch issue atleast can be seen away in an AT version but on the space front GM missed it by few inches (read few hundred sales).

Otherwise its a nice car with powerful engine.

To me the Head room isnt that bad. And for legroom' date=' what i felt was that the seat travel is long and hence at maximum travel the legroom will definately be less like in Linea.[/quote']

Well i know you really like the car but i know your dad isnt happy with car.

Stop trying to praise the car, it really sucks that why people are selling after 1month.

Dont fool yourself. No offence = Peace.

To me the Head room isnt that bad. And for legroom' date=' what i felt was that the seat travel is long and hence at maximum travel the legroom will definately be less like in Linea.[/quote']

Stop trying to praise the car, it really sucks that why people are selling after 1month.

Chill dude. You are behaving as if I have done a crime by considering a Cruze. I know its not that driver-friendly when comes to city rides but still it isnt that bad. I am close to 6'feet in height and the headroom wasnt that bad(means it was not more but at the same time was not disrupting). Its not that my father didnt liked the car, infact he loved it but he is more willing to go for VW as a brand than Chevrolet. Otherwise he liked the looks, loved the features and engine. The only concern for us is the grey interiors(which we didnt liked much), City driving and hard seats(they were somewhat hard & not that comfy at rear and we didnt liked that). Apart for that my dad even liked the Jetta for drive although the engine was noisy but only on outside and my mother is interested more in Jetta. And we are close to finalize on Jetta but are waiting for some good deals. Otherwise I would still say that Cruze overall is good car at a good price, only if I could get good seats and beige or full black interiors rather than dull grey.

And I dont know how many of you will believe me, but when Civic was launched, after some 6months there were quite a good number of Civic's in used car market, my father knows a used car dealer and he had 2Civic's and were selling between 8-10lacs. And one was just 2months old. So many times you come across some deals but that doesnt means that its a bad car. Within some 6months we will see how Cruze fares, does she disappoints the owners or not. Now its too early to comment. BornFree2009-12-09 04:33:58

?

?
Chill dude. You are behaving as if?I have done a crime by considering a Cruze. I know its not that driver-friendly when comes to city rides but still it isnt that bad. I am close to 6'feet in height and the headroom wasnt that bad(means it was not more but at the same time was not disrupting). Its not that my father didnt liked the car, infact he loved it but he is more willing to go for VW as a brand than Chevrolet. Otherwise he liked the looks, loved the features and engine. The only concern for us is the grey interiors(which we didnt liked much), City driving and hard seats(they were somewhat hard & not that comfy at rear and we didnt liked that). Apart for that my dad even liked the Jetta for drive although the engine was noisy but only on outside and my mother is interested more in Jetta. And we are close to finalize on Jetta but are waiting for some good deals. Otherwise?I would still say that Cruze overall is good car at a good price, only if?I could get good seats and beige or full black interiors rather than dull grey. And?I dont know how many of you will believe me, but when Civic was launched, after some 6months there were quite a good number of Civic's in used car market, my father knows a used car dealer and he had 2Civic's and were selling between 8-10lacs. And one was just 2months old. So many times you come across some deals but that doesnt means that its a bad car. Within some 6months we will see how Cruze fares, does she disappoints the owners or not. Now its too early to comment.

Well BS this happens.We are indians.We are HONDA slaves.Way too gullible.Critising is so easy as people are doing here.I am not objecting to it.It happens.The negatives of a car are highlighted than the positives.I was myself a big honda fan and the 1st gen city was probably one of the best cars to hit Indian roads.But I lost all my respect for that company who loots Indians.Overpriced cars.We jump to conclusions like hell.Nobody sees that a struggling car manufacturer has launched such a fantastic product for the Indian market.What does a customer want-looks,fuel efficient engine,power,comfort,features and above all the price.The cruze is an example of the company's devotion to the market,an entire new dimension to the phrase 'value for money'.Just compare it to the optra-it was a shoddy handler,lacklustre engine,it faired badly at the Euro NCAP tests.Now look at the Cruze-it has a five star safety rating,handling is miles ahead of the optra and it is truly an aspirational vehicle.Just see how far the company has gone in launching such a product.I was one of the first persons to drive the Cruze way back in september and it showed how much GM had worked on this vehicle.I truly am fond of this car.As I am informed by GM officials they are happy too as it has been very well received by the market.I know customers who are very happy with the product.But some people love to speak nonsense not even knowing the attributes of the product.

@power-Id like to know which second hand dealer did you visit.I'd like to visit him.siddhant2009-12-09 05:47:56

Dude, stop trying to impose your opinion on others by saying that the car sucks.

Tell me a Car in the Indian Market which does not have both Pros and Cons. Its just the way you look at a paticular product.

Instead of appreciating a Manufacturer's effort (which has just come out of Bankruptcy) you're going all out to say it cannot produce good cars.

You want the Car to be VFM and at the same time provide each and every need of yours!!!

And its just Emily I see who is selling her car. I have not read any other instances of people claiming to sell their car in any of the other Auto Forums.

True every car has its positives and negatives. Its just that it should meet your requirements. I like the car but only concerns are Hard seats, more of grey tone used and brand value, my parents although liked arent willing to have an D-segment Chevy although i am more so satisfied with my Chevy.

Just came back after checking out a Cruze...Found it very appealing until I tried the backseat...Found it real suffocating.. the headroom (and to some extent  legroom ) is cramped.(I presently own a Hyundai Sonata-old model) .Also the grey interiors are a turn off and so are the hard seats...Though I real liked the modern features like PEPS, the mileage and the heavy look, I think would check out a Laura before taking the final decision...

@eightchaff

Laura is the better vehicle, i was to buying the cruze > the probem is the cons are to bad to let you pay so much.

Edit - i have booked my laura allready, will be recieving dilivery by 1st week of jan. Do you live in mumbai ?
Power2009-12-14 15:43:32