creativebala

Lets Pray- Captiva to become CKD

Will you join me?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Will you join me?

• Yes
    • No

With fortuner(priced around Rs 20L) coming up with a big bang, I wish the Captiva to become a CKD. Already Captiva(priced around Rs 17.5L in CBU form) selling in good numbers and  if assembled in India, it will shed around 40% of excise.

chevrolet-captiva-3529.jpg

As a result, this will start to fight out directly with our homegrowns top end models. This one simple move can help chevy improve its sales figure some 3-4 folds. So I pray, Captiva to become a CKD. Will you pray with me.

With fortuner(priced around Rs 20L) coming up with a big bang' date=' I wish the Captiva to become a CKD. Already Captiva(priced around Rs 17.5L in CBU form) selling in good numbers and ?if assembled in India, it will shed around 40% of excise.

?

chevrolet-captiva-3529.jpg

?

As a result, this will start to fight out directly with our homegrowns top end models. This one simple move can help chevy improve its sales figure some 3-4 folds. So I pray, Captiva to become a CKD. Will you pray with me.
[/quote']

More than a prayer its a great recommendation to chevrolet to help sales. If it can shed 40 percent they will have huge numbers. smiley32.gif

GM did't do proper market research properly before launching the Captiva. They had traget volume of 1000 per annum only. But they have sold 2000 in 2008. GM is working on the Major facelift of Captiva.. It will come to India by Q3 of 2010... That time they can think about CKD..

5lacs correction would blow away all the competition. CRv and Outlander are already out from here, the remaining Soft/Off roaders are Endeavour, Fortuner and Captiva which are doing decent numbers and if any of them is priced around 15-16, then it would be best seller and also the people in for D segment sedans would prefer these vehicles.

There's nothing bad in "wishing"! A cut of ~5L or more is a mirage!

Much would depend on the Cruz pricing, GM would like to maintain a gap of atleast 5L between the two.

I dont think any upgrade is needed to captiva as far as looks are concerned but yes a price correction is definately needed and a SATnav with DVD screens can be a good step. But any upgrade to looks can spoil the way this brute suv looks. My thinking....

Well the upgraded version is for sure coming at the expo....major change is to the interior I suppose....its going to be after two years that the upgrade comes,though not required on such a good SUV but sure its coming.Confirmed.

Well the upgraded version is for sure coming at the expo....major change is to the interior I suppose....its going to be after two years that the upgrade comes' date='though not required on such a good SUV but sure its coming.Confirmed.[/quote'] hey buddy...

will there be any other price reductions?

when can we expect the CKD version?

how much will be the difference?

thanks 

@ winner

don't worry m8 i have sold my captiva , it went for 17 lakhs , u find people smiley17.gif

captiva will be ckd , and will sell well because toyota though the innova interiors suits fortuner , one of the reasons i choose pajero . well if u wanted old interior why don't i pick-up an classic ehh

captiva is worth 17lks and is VFM and if on CKD it shouldcome around 16 if chevy isn't too greedy they might even bring it futhure down for units 

@ MODS can we get new emoticons plz ?
sarabjeet2009-11-03 10:38:34

@ winner

don't worry m8 i have sold my captiva ' date=' it went for 17 lakhs , u find people smiley17.gif

captiva will be ckd , and will sell well because toyota though the innova interiors suits fortuner , one of the reasons i choose pajero . well if u wanted old interior why don't i pick-up an classic ehh

captiva is worth 17lks and is VFM and if on CKD it shouldcome around 16 if chevy isn't too greedy they might even bring it futhure down for units 

[/quote'] hey buddy...

when can we expect the CKD version?

@ winner

?

don't worry m8 i have sold my captiva ' date=' it went for 17 lakhs , u find people smiley17.gif

?

captiva will be ckd , and will sell well because toyota?though the innova interiors suits fortuner , one of the reasons i choose pajero . well if u wanted old interior why don't i pick-up an classic ehh

?

captiva is worth 17lks and is VFM and if on CKD it shouldcome around 16?if chevy isn't too greedy they might even bring it futhure down?for units?

?

[/quote'] Why you sold your Captiva, any problems or just a replacement. Please share if you had any problems with the car or any bad experiences so that people who are planning for captiva can have a clear view.

@ winner

[/quote'] Why you sold your Captiva, any problems or just a replacement. Please share if you had any problems with the car or any bad experiences so that people who are planning for captiva can have a clear view.

no sapphire no problems , well except for the tyre burst , but CHEVY mailed me a DD for 10000rs i had spent on the replacement. it was good to see that the company was looking out to it customers

having driven both forturner and capy , i found cativa more value for money and is good on FE as well after 2 services i god figures of 11.4 in city and 13 on highway