winner48

VW Up at 1.80 lakhs

Joerg Mueller, president, Volkswagen India, said: "We will manufacture the small car Polo at the Chakan plant from 2010, and the car would be priced around Rs 4.35 lakh. The concept car Up, presented at the Delhi Auto Expo in January, is in the process of development. It would be the smallest possible car by Volkswagen, and could be priced around Rs 1.80 lakh." winner482009-09-21 07:56:12

If the base model cost is 4.35 then higher end will be +1 L.

It will not give good competion with maruti & hyundai cars for its average look.

For that price swift, i10 & A-star are much better and VFM

I don't like polo look. Its look like another palio.

@ 4.35L(base model of polo) we can get swift vxi or i10 Sportz which is having more features and VFM. even we can get A-star zxi with ABS.

Polo can be compared with all these cars

rkrk2009-09-21 10:14:12

Polo will be much bigger than bloody cramped swift and more cramped A-star. Polo will easily compete i20, Fabia, etc. And maruti cant even stand against German Quality, so people who wants quality will never go for Swift, German feel is actually worth but then you have to pay for it.

And regarding looks, its sure a looker especially with alloys.

If maruti quality is bad then how they are selling 70,000 cars / month in india.

Honda & Toyoto quality is better than maruti but their qty is less than 7000 / month.

India market is different than German market. Thats why hyundai & Tata captured good market share after maruti.

Till now no car is competating with Swift Diesel, even the Fiat car not matching where the swift use fiat engines.

As I am Indian i personally don't like POLO look, its only my openion.

If maruti quality is bad then how they are selling 70' date='000 cars / month in india.

Honda & Toyoto quality is better than maruti but their qty is less than 7000 / month.

?

India market is different than German market. Thats why hyundai & Tata captured good market share after maruti.

?

Till now no car is?competating with Swift Diesel, even the Fiat car not matching where the swift use fiat engines.

?

As I am Indian i personally don't like?POLO look, its only my openion.
[/quote'] you cant come to conclusion that if Maruti is selling well then they have better quality than Honda or toyota, seems to be a joke...Its because they provide cheap quality at cheaper rates....And are serving since 25years... See m not gonna start again with Maruti v/s. others, so m out of this, but even in dreams nobody can say that maruti gives good quality...

I don't like polo look. Its look like another palio.

@ 4.35L(base model of polo) we can get swift vxi or i10 Sportz which is having more features and VFM. even we can get A-star zxi with ABS.

Polo can be compared with all these cars

vw_polo_2009_004-550x366.jpg 

@rkrk, compare apples to apples,

- its insane to compare polo with i10 and A*, it could atleast make sense to compare it with i20.(you are comparing an A+ segmenters with a B+ car)

- Polo is an equalent car to fabia, remember its quality

- Palio still looks much hotter and Polo will surely be a head turner than your    A* and i10 ( see above and talk)

- Just because Benz sells less than Maruti, will you say Maruti's quality is better than Benz, same applies here too.(if you want to compare marutis quality with similar quality brands, then do it with Tata, Force, Sonalika, Maini), here too you are comparing maruti with german engineering

Maruti has  market share is >50% mainly because of their Af.SS and their cheap semi-vintages and not because of quality
creativebala2009-09-21 12:00:17

@bluesapphire,

maruti only started to produce good car in india where ambassedor & Premier padmini was ruled the indian market. Now were they are?

After that also many MNC car maker entered to indian market like, Hyundai, Ford, Honda, Toyota, Fiat etc. But If you add the sales figure of this all world giants, it will be only 40% (maruti market share is >50%).

OK i will to come to this forum.

Polo may reach 1500 cars/ month maximum. More than this not possible
rkrk2009-09-21 12:00:22

@RkRl- 1st lets Polo get launched in our market, then you sit inside it and feel why it would carry a premium then lets see if you do take back your words. FYI Polo is not only about VFM - its supposed to be a premium hatch. So i dont see a reason for A-star to enter the comparison!!!!!

@bala

Maruti has won quite a few JD Power quality awards, so just saying that they dont have any quality is wrong.

Also Maruti sells because people have trust not because of semi old vintage cars. Lets see the last eight cars maruti  has launched in india.

Estilo, Grand Vitara, Ritz, SX4, Swift. None of these cars were more than a year old glocally before they were launched.

Maruti also has plans to launch Kizaashi by 2011, just 1.5 years after it was launched globally.

Maruti follows a high quality control because of which you get only a few lemons with maruti brand in the market.

Its easy to degrade something that is indian, we indians are good at that. Ghar ki murgi daal baraabar. Right?

@creativebala

Volkswagons is launching its hatchbak model at such a rate??

Is that a lesson being taught to honda an skoda that inspite of being one of the premium brands in indian markets,they should launch their respective models at reasonable price...

or volkswagon is going to put questions on its own image by launching a hatchback at such a lower rate...?

Polo compared to a Maruti car!! You guys must be kidding!!

Polo - 2009 World Car of the Year. 

It has the 5 star safety rating (ANCAP), 7 airbags, added to it is the German Quality!

I am not sure how much of this would come over to Indian shores but hey! even if there is a complete stripped down version of this car, There is still the reliable German tech engine!!!  

The Golf, a perennial favourite in the Volkswagen line-up, has sold more than 26 million units in 120 countries!!! making it one of the top selling vehicles of all-time.The Golf has been designed to be quieter, sportier, fuel efficient and present a clean, distinctive appearance that

Its easy to degrade something that is indian' date=' we indians are good at that. Ghar ki murgi daal baraabar. Right?

[/quote']

I don't know hindi man, say what ever be it in english

and Maruti is Japanese, only A* is partly indian, but still no point comparing Polo with A*, Its like comparing Honda City and Tata Indigo and saying latter is best

Its easy to degrade something that is indian' date=' we indians are good at that. Ghar ki murgi daal baraabar. Right?
[/quote']

@rahul1810 - Maruti 800 and Omni can be called Ghar ki murgis :) other cars from the Maruti stable are either Suzukis or Suzukis with Fiat engines. So i think there is a mixture of Ghar ki Murgis and some other countries murgis here! smiley2.gif

But still we refer to Honda and Toyota as Japs not maruti.

Also VW has bought stake in suzuki so maruti could help them here.

VW to acquire stake in Suzuki; will use its support in India

If you were an automaker and you had grand plans for India, which auto manufacturer would you look to partner with?

The answer is the obvious. And VW also agrees.

Rumors of a possible tie-up between VW and Suzuki were confirmed by

a popular German publication which has quoted an unnamed Suzuki

official. The report goes on to say Suzuki will have access to VW

Why cant it be compared with maruti cars? If volkswagen is launching its hatchback at such a price,it means that it most probably will have same exterior looks as in the pic,but the engine variant will be small as jazz is launched..metal used in making its exterior body will also be cheaper,and interior will also be of bad plastics..so wats the point of comparing it with marutis..??

In each and every aspect,i think maruti will be better in my opinion...and according to its price,it will compete with i10,swift petrol,a deven swift diesel,i20 petrol..and who knows,it might beat all of them...

@bala

No there is no point in comparing Polo and A-star, but we can definitely compre Swift and polo, atleast when the new Swift is launched with increased wheelbase in 2011.

Besides the Hindu says that VW and Suzuki will share components and Suzuki will get the TDi engines, lets just hope the quality also comes in VW at this price.

VW has around 13 dealers in the country and only 3 months are left before the launch. So unless they expand their dealership rather quickly, it will hinder in success of Polo.

The VW showroom is going to be very similar to skoda, 1 small car, 1 C+segment sedan and one High end car

rahul18102009-09-22 04:14:34

' date=' atleast when the new Swift is launched with increased wheelbase in 2011.

[/quote']

This line says all

VW tech in Maruti, am i day dreaming man. It could be a win-win for both if VW shares tech and maruti its Af.SS to each other.

So SX4 might get a VW diesel heart, will atleast fiat hurry up and earn or let vw earn

Fiat must be in dilemma over the 1.6. On one hand it would want earn revenues from the diesel SX4 but it also does not want to give the competition a lethal weapon.

With the VW deal it will be set a deadline, though i think as and when the diesel SX4 will come it will be a fiat engine since that engine would already have been tested on SX4.