creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

VW Polo, a real hot hatch going to reach the showroom in a couple of months.

vw_polo_2009_004-550x366.jpg

The car would be priced around Rs 4.35 lakh, with both petrol and diesel powertrains.

VW this time wants POLO to be a mass market car, latest news is that, MARUTI going to assist it in Af.S.S part which means hot becomes hottest.

So a Good looking car, robust build, latest technology, spacious, VW brand, better Af.S.S, Fuel Efficient(hoping though),...etc with a very competitive price which will lead it to a Super success car in India

We are discussing POLO in various other threads, let this thread be dedicated only for POLO
creativebala2009-09-22 05:06:52

Polo using same 3 cylinder skoda engine?

Skoda failed beacuse of its poor 1.2 petrol engine which makes more noise and maint cost.

If polo follow the same then its ? for polo also.

1.2 L diesel looks sound, but it should match atleast swift 1.3 ddis.

If yes with good price then its good choice to buy

I dont think they will go for a new petrol 1.2 engine considering the economies of scale they would get from using the same engine in the Skoda and the VW would be too good to miss for them. The only way this engine would be on its way out is if it does not meet the Euro 4 emission norms.

Maruti Providing the A.S.S and parts is worrying because i for one dont trust maruit and their parts considering how flimsy and horribly build their cars are. Lets hope they dont pull the same crap with the VW.

Nice to see you here RKRK,

Fabia's main reason for failure is its Price

The new engines need to be shared, tuned and used in

Polo, Fabia, May be New Octavia, Polo sedan, Yeti so

Lets keep our fingers crossed on whether we will get the 105 Bhp 1.2 TSI petrol that powers Yeti in UK

I hope they will come up with latest tech CRDI (since PD is useless for B-IV) and powerful 1.5L Diesel(To Qualify for Indian norms)

Please dont create duplicates.

There is no seperate thread for Polo' date=' what we have is pre production starts, spy shot and comparison of polo, in addition to this, we are discussing Polo on VW UP thread

you are making too much of new threads.

Ya agreed, but when lots are automobile news are coming and nobody starts a thread on it, obviously makes me start a thread.

Today I started 4 threads,

VW Polo, because it is discussed on VW UPs thread

Alto XCite

Aero

Carnation & DC

Of these 4, which do you think as very irrelavent here, actually CYRUS is helping me in deleting unwanted

I expect other forum members to start new threads and keep this forum hot and updated
creativebala2009-09-22 09:08:36

The 1.2 will be the one in the fabia, I would be really shocked if the top of the line Polo 1.2 Tsi is priced below 6.5 lakhs.

These are the engines in which polo is available worldwide.

• 1.2 L, 3 cylinder petrol, 60 PS (44 kW; 59 hp) or 70 PS (51 kW; 69 hp); efficiency: 5.5L/100 km (claimed)
  • 1.2 L TSI, turbocharged 4 cylinder petrol, 105 PS (77 kW; 104 hp)
  • 1.4 L, 4 cylinder petrol, 85 PS (63 kW; 84 hp); efficiency: 5.9 L/100 km (claimed) - Suitable for low grade petrol, optional 7-speed DSG
  • 1.6 L TDI, turbocharged 4 cylinder common rail diesel, 75 PS (55 kW; 74 hp); efficiency: 4.2L/100 km (claimed), 109 g/km of CO2
  • 1.6 L TDI, turbocharged 4 cylinder common rail diesel, 90 PS (66 kW; 89 hp); efficiency: 3.8L/100 km (claimed), 96 g/km of CO2(BlueMotion)
  • 1.6 L TDI, turbocharged 4 cylinder common rail diesel, 90 PS (66 kW; 89 hp)

Who wants better interior' date=' if we are getting a VW @ 4L

see clearly, its a dual tone interior, the dash can be spiced up aftermarket also easily. Say a wooden console for 1k, steering cap for less than 1k

Simple
[/quote']

@ Bala,

Polo is not a head turning car. Already its sharing engine from Fabia 3 cylinder engine which is having more vibration & poor market response. Rear lights not attractive and front design too. Interior is the most important because we are spending more time only inside during travel. Polo can do much better
rkrk2009-09-26 06:57:41

Polo is not a head turning car. Already its sharing engine from Fabia 3 cylinder engine which is having more vibration & poor market response. Interior is the most important

1. beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder. It has some good line and its bold

2. Polo's main heart will be its new CRDI diesel, which should be best

3.when the car is VFM, nobody is going to look for interiors(eg.swift & punto)

The dashboard IMO is too plasticky and i dont like how shiny it is. The only thing I like about polo's design are the awesome headlights and the VW badge. Rest all is average. I dont expect it to offset i20 from the premium hatch leader position, atleast not initially, though punto is a different matter all together.

@ bala

1. Polo rear light looks like Fiat UNO. if you doubt compare the both.

2. Diesel 1.2L i am also expecting it could be good, let us wait & watch.

3. Nobody will agree your point, because of the interior design i10 got huge sucess and everyone now following the beige design (Spark,Estilo, etc)
rkrk2009-09-26 08:44:21

everyone now following the beige design (Spark' date='Estilo, etc)
[/quote']

Look the polo carefully( seats and door panels), its a dual tone with beige.

Keeping the dash beige is something only extra- ordinary brain(less) will do as in i10. All other gives the dash black and other place beige( like linea, aveo)

Beige dash is a pain to drive in hot sun, You can see only reflection on the screen and not the road in front.
creativebala2009-09-26 09:00:12

@ bala

Steering & AC vent design not matching with modern car look.

You are not answered to its back light design? do you like it
Till if your mind says polo is beatifull i can't do anything, everybody have rights to like even a ugly look.

I too agree with you on the rear light and the console rkrk

but, this car looks classy man. See it with out the present mindset( UGLY )

Dual tone interior, look at the door knob, clear lines and boldness like a Volvo, scirocco head lamp,imagine an alloy too. This car has very good prospect in India.