creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

@nim12esh I feel the same way about the 1.6Petrol but you should go check out the pics of the special edition Punto that Fiat is planning to launch. It looks absolutely brilliant and might be able to persuade you to change your current Punto and get that one smiley36.gif

this is a stupid move by VW , they have started the booking , how can one book the car without a TD ?

but still i will go for the 1.2TDi just for its FE and VW badge

@Sarabjeet: Naah' date=' it's the 1.6 petrol Highline for me. To hell with FE. 105 bhp and 15.3 kgm torque, must be a scorcher. Look at that torque, WOW. [/quote']

would have loved to put the pedal down on the 1.6 as well but being a student we have other expenses as well smiley36.gif

@nim12esh I feel the same way about the 1.6Petrol but you should go check out the pics of the special edition Punto that Fiat is planning to launch. It looks absolutely brilliant and might be able to persuade you to change your current Punto and get that one smiley36.gif

I have a Linea buddy, not a Punto. Polo is equally impressive as the Punto. My money would be on the Punto only if it comes with the T-Jet even if it comes in Active variant....

I was at expo today to check polo and there is nothing to exiting about it, wait for pricing before deciding my next super hatch, still feels Punto scores over all the other hatches in term of looks, comfort, equipments and engines.

i just heard that VW may price the base variant of Polo from 6.15 lakhs on road in Mumbai! And that would be a real spirit dampener, because after all everyone was really interested to see how affordable quality could be.

1.2l petrol costing @6.15 lacs !!!   Impossible..........

Visibly it doesn't looks even near about that price figure...

If its going to be priced so steeply then what'll be advantage of manufacturing it here & heavily bank it on latter.

If the base CKD assembled Skoda Fabia features a tag of nearly 4.21 lacs(ex-showroom,Ludhaina), then how it can be possible that a car which is manufactured hera & has at least 50% localisation levels features so much huge tag(untill/unless its not being a Honda Jazz) !!!

I still want to stuck onto its ACI claimed figure of ~4.35 lacs.

But I am really worried about its refinenement levels,

that will be offered by its 3-cylinder Petrol & Diesel powerplants(Sadly & Badly !  I remember the jerky,unbalanced throttle response of Petrol 1.2 HTP Fabia & Tractor like starting,idle & full throttle CLUTTERY noise of the Hyundai Accent CRDi-Bad dreams), if they really come out to be like them ! Then Sadly i've to change my Polo buying programe,about which i am thinking from last few years...
dr_nishu2010-01-06 19:03:13