creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

Its terribly shameful that VW has outright refused that they can simply not do anything about the 3-6 month waiting period. It reflects very poorly on them. So much for being one of the biggest company in the world and their claims that they are serious about the Indian market. I am even more disappointed because I am really looking forward the the Polo 1.6. Sigh!

I am assuming no one reads the BREAKING NEWS thread so posting it here, again.

According to ACI website, the Polo 1.6L is coming out in October. As made clear by the VW management, there is nothing they can do to speed up the production so October it is. Sad!

Bookings are open and the car will have the normal 1.6L engine with 105Bhp and not 90Bhp as it was said in some rumors.

According to ACI website' date=' the Polo 1.6L is coming out in October. As made clear by the VW management, there is nothing they can do to speed up the production so October it is. Sad![/quote']

How many people are are going to opt for a German petrol! Their earlier history is miserable, all depends on how fuel efficient VW makes it. So, the power advantage is almost lost! Therefore, nothing much to feel "sad" about.

Its the same engine that is present in Jetta and it will be the same engine that will be coming in the Vento. I checked the performance timings and they are pretty healthy. Just a touch behind the ANHC in terms of 0-100 timings and the in-gear timings.

As far as the effeciency goes, it cant be that bad. Anything around 10-12 in city is decent for a German engine this size.

Its the same engine that is present in Jetta and it will be the same engine that will be coming in the Vento.

Polo/Vento engine is differnt from the Jetta's 1.6 as the latter is having 1.6l SOHC, 8 Valve 104PS engine while what the Polo/Vento geting is the Same displacement & Engine Block sharing engine with different DOHC Head-design, 16 valves & 106 PS tuned especially for BS-IV.

Volkswagen Polo 1.6 Booking CommencedVolkswagen-Polo.jpgVolkswagen Polo recently launched in India with the

1.2-litre engine now the company has started taking bookings on its

powerful 1.6-litre engine at its Volkswagen Showroom in your city.

Volkswagen Polo 1.6-litre engine will be out with the Highline

variant only. The powerful 1598cc engine produces 103.5bhp of power at

5250rpm and 15.6kgm of torque at 3750rpm that reaches 100kmph in 11.1

seconds from stand still.

Volkswagen Polo 1.6-litre engine can reach a top speed of 183.8kph.

The powerful car can be your after it make your down payment of Rs 50000

and delivery commences in October and Polo 1.5 is priced at Rs 7.10

lakh (on-road, Mumbai), Rs 43000 more than the 1.2 petrol highline

variant.

For Full Features & Specifications Of VW Polo

1.6 Click Here.

Edited: Large fonts reduced. MOD

sgiitk2010-07-19 07:22:01

Can any VW polo user give his/her ownership experience and cost of sales and services? It would be helpful for those who are waiting for their car or planning on buying one....

Thanks

Can any VW polo user give his/her ownership experience and cost of sales and services? It would be helpful for those who are waiting for their car or planning on buying one...

Here's the Test Drive experience of Polo 1.2 petrol;

Alongwith its Comparitive Spare parts price review there.

Both the Polo Petrol & Diesel versions are doing strong in the Market & are proving Quite Fuel Efficient & Reliable too with VW providing 2-years Unlimited kms warranty & Good After Sales Support.

They are also continuously Expanding their Dealership/AfSS networks too.

Service Schedule:

VW is providing No Free Service for their any Car & all services are Paid ones, they're so Confident about their Product & PDI(Pre-Delivery Inspection) that they're offering services as,

-1st Service: 15000kms or within 1 year after the Purchase, at Rs 5000(for Petrol version) & Rs.6000(TDi-Diesel).

2nd Service: 30000kms or 2nd year after Purchase, at Rs.7k(Petrol) & Rs.9-10k(Diesel).

Later on, Each Service 15000kms or 1 year after earlier Service

& Exact Estimate for 3rd Service Costs is not known yet.

Some of the VW Dealers are Offering Paid Fixed AMC Packages also for 1st 3 & 4 Services.

For 3-Services its around Rs.20,000 &

4-Services "       "      Rs.32,000 only. 

Hello Everybody,

I have been test driving almost all small cars in Bangalore. The maruti's, Ford Figo's, Hyundi, including Polo! None of the cars gave me the premium feel like Polo. It was awesome, the driving pleasure, comfort and handling is superior. Its a premium car at affordable price in India. smiley17.gif

Many told me that its the same engine as in Skoda, but I am sure its more refined and made to suit Indian conditions. I am waiting for the 1.6 version and I hope the fuel efficiency will be good.

Cheers,

Avinash

I own 1.2 petrol Polo yes its true spareparts availability is an issue. As part of cost cutting all May onwards deliveries donot have hood insulation across all petrol variants (1.2 TL/CL/HL & 1.6HL). My polo was delivered in September and didn't have under bonnet carpet I order from Europe and costed me INR 9,012/- ( Nine thousand rupees)smiley7.gif. Ouuch....

You mean you bought the 1.2 petrol version?People have different opinions about VW. I feel its a premium car at affordable price and its got the best feel in that segment.

Would like to hear more.

I bought this car for its Design' date=' Ergonomics & upmarket feel. Car is excellent in terms of fuel efficiency gear shift & also to some extend it is head turner as very polos are on road right now.[/quote']

Hi Avinash, I drive Swift VDI as well , VW 1.2 petrol engine is very frugal I only appreciate tiny engines with great fuel efficiency and some driving thrill as well . To me till date no indian hatch can match fuel efficiency & driving thrill of swift 1248cc common rail diesel engine.

You mean you bought the 1.2 petrol version?People have different opinions about VW. I feel its a premium car at affordable price and its got the best feel in that segment.

Would like to hear more.

I bought this car for its Design' date=' Ergonomics & upmarket feel. Car is excellent in terms of fuel efficiency gear shift & also to some extend it is head turner as very polos are on road right now.[/quote']

@tushar goyal;

I agree with the Views from the you, as I've heard such kinda views from other Polo 1.2 Petrol Owners too..

But Instead of discussing all this here, I advice you to start a Whole new Full-fledged thread on your Polo 1.2 petrol on Reader's Test Team Section there.

Yeah, I have heard many swearing on Swift. I am sure you should be having a wonderful time.

But, I don't why, when I test drove Polo - Petrol, the comfortable and feel was just fantastic which I didn't experience in any other car in the same segment.

Cheers,

Avinash

Oh My.... Congrats friend... I know how it is to wait for your first car..

I feel its the best thing to have happened for India.. Awesome design, comfort and its German engineering. Even I am waiting to buy the VW Polo.. but I need some more money and I am sure to buy this!smiley17.gif

Cheers,

Avinash

I have booked a 1.2 Petrol Treadline. Expecting delivery around Dusshera as committed by the Sales Personnel.

Awaiting the delivery.

This will be my First Car.

Oh My.... Congrats friend... I know how it is to wait for your first car.. I feel its the best thing to have happened for India.. Awesome design' date=' comfort and its German engineering. Even I am waiting to buy the VW Polo.. but I need some more money and I am sure to buy this!smiley17.gifCheers,Avinash
I have booked a 1.2 Petrol Treadline. Expecting delivery around Dusshera as committed by the Sales Personnel.

Awaiting the delivery.

This will be my First Car.

Thanks Buddy. I have booked the car on 15th September and was told that the it will be available only around mid-december.

But few days ago, while inquiring about the loan procedures, I again inquired about the probable date of delivery so that I can go ahead with the loan procedures as I did not want to get into any last minute arrangements. The Sales Guy asked me to wait for sometime which will give him enough time to collect the booking details and the availability. To my surprise, he rings me back to inform me that I could probably get the delivery by Dusshera (17th October) and that since mine is a Treadline Petrol model, the car could be arranged as most buyers do not prefer to go for it.

So, I am just waiting with my fingers crossed. Let's see how true to the Verbal Commitment does the Sales Guy and his team stand.

Can't wait for long. And this happens more after you get to see people around you driving Polos.