creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

Yeah, its always better to keep things ready coz you never know what these banks require and the more we are prepared it is better.

Which color have you chosen.. I guess its RED! I understand how it is to wait. I have been waiting for VW since the car was released and I am not able to buy due to financial constraints.

I noticed another thing with these car dealers. Different car dealers from the same car manufacturer promise different timelines.. one VW dealer in blore told me that he can get the car in 2.5 months, the other one said 4 months.. smiley36.gif

Avinash

Yeah' date=' its always better to keep things ready coz you never know what these banks require and the more we are prepared it is better.Which color have you chosen.. I guess its RED! I understand how it is to wait. I have been waiting for VW since the car was released and I am not able to buy due to financial constraints.I noticed another thing with these car dealers. Different car dealers from the same car manufacturer promise different timelines.. one VW dealer in blore told me that he can get the car in 2.5 months, the other one said 4 months..?smiley36.gif ?Avinash

[/quote']

I have did opt for Candy White as I am not fond of the Red colour(Few things are good to look at rather than acquire).

As far as the commitment of the dealer goes, it entirely depends on the bookings being done at their end in terms of trim levels. Had I booked for a TDi then I would have surely been asked to wait for minimum 3 months as the Indian market is catching up with diesel engines due to their fuel efficiency. The booking also depends on the market in that particular area(There are many areas where people prefer conventional stuff which means Maruti/Hyundai). So in these areas it is possible that one may get the delivery of the cars earlier than other areas where people do not mind to try things out of league.

Yeah. You are right. A lot depends on the market as well.

Good Luck for your new car smiley17.gif

I have did opt for Candy White as I am not fond of the Red colour(Few things are good to look at rather than acquire).

As far as the commitment of the dealer goes' date=' it entirely depends on the bookings being done at their end in terms of trim levels. Had I booked for a TDi then I would have surely been asked to wait for minimum 3 months as the Indian market is catching up with diesel engines due to their fuel efficiency. The booking also depends on the market in that particular area(There are many areas where people prefer conventional stuff which means Maruti/Hyundai). So in these areas it is possible that one may get the delivery of the cars earlier than other areas where people do not mind to try things out of league. [/quote']

Yeah. You are right. A lot depends on the market as well.Good Luck for your new car smiley17.gif

As far as the commitment of the dealer goes' date=' it entirely depends on the bookings being done at their end in terms of trim levels. Had I booked for a TDi then I would have surely been asked to wait for minimum 3 months as the Indian market is catching up with diesel engines due to their fuel efficiency. The booking also depends on the market in that particular area(There are many areas where people prefer conventional stuff which means Maruti/Hyundai). So in these areas it is possible that one may get the delivery of the cars earlier than other areas where people do not mind to try things out of league. [/quote']

Thanks a lot smiley1.gif

I am going through the loan formalities now.

There is a small complaint from my end towards the response/service of the dealers.

I have booked my car on 15th Sept. Today it is the 14th day after the booking amount has been debited from my account. Yet I have not received any Booking Receipt or Booking Acknowledgement. Every time I call the Sales Guy, he says that he will hand over the receipt to some person who will personally hand it over to me. Unfortunately, the dealer is nearly 125km away from the place I live due to which it is not at all convenient to visit the them every now-n-then.

After all the failing trials, I traced out the contact number of the Head of Sales from the company website and called him for my issue. He politely agreed to help me by providing me with the scanned copy of the receipt on my e-mail within next 30 min.

I am now waiting in anticipation.

But with this incidence, a big question mark arises in my mind regarding their A.S.S. If this is the way a dealer is treating a customer soon after the car is booked, then what can be the consequence after I get the delivery...!!!

I am skeptical about the service matters.

But now that I have already booked the car(I always wanted to have it since the moment I came to know about the plans to launch VW Polo way back a year ago), I will have to take up strong steps and shout out loud each time I feel I need any assistance from the dealer.

Let's see what happens. This is just the beginning. smiley19.gifsmiley19.gifsmiley19.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gif

I think you should not worry about the car unless this dealer has a a past of bad service. You can do one thing  to be satisfied, ask your dealer to provide references of car owners, make sure you take numbers of people who have bought the car atleast a year back.. speak to them and find out about service quality.

If i were you, I will give adequate/ chances to any dealer. I will also educate him/her politely about timely and quality service. There is no use is shouting or getting upset which will make things worse. I feel sorry for the people who work in car showrooms, they really work for low salaries and are stressed. After all this, If they still don't respond, simple email or speak to VW, Germany and I am sure you will get things done within no time. smiley17.gif

Thanks a lot smiley1.gif

There is a small complaint from my end towards the response/service of the dealers.

I have booked my car on 15th Sept. Today it is the 14th day after the booking amount has been debited from my account. Yet I have not received any Booking Receipt or Booking Acknowledgement. Every time I call the Sales Guy' date=' he says that he will hand over the receipt to some person who will personally hand it over to me. Unfortunately, the dealer is nearly 125km away from the place I live due to which it is not at all convenient to visit the them every now-n-then.

After all the failing trials, I traced out the contact number of the Head of Sales from the company website and called him for my issue. He politely agreed to help me by providing me with the scanned copy of the receipt on my e-mail within next 30 min.

But with this incidence, a big question mark arises in my mind regarding their A.S.S. If this is the way a dealer is treating a customer soon after the car is booked, then what can be the consequence after I get the delivery...!!!

But now that I have already booked the car(I always wanted to have it since the moment I came to know about the plans to launch VW Polo way back a year ago), I will have to take up strong steps and shout out loud each time I feel I need any assistance from the dealer.

Let's see what happens. This is just the beginning. smiley19.gifsmiley19.gifsmiley19.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gif [/quote']

I think you should not worry about the car unless this dealer has a a past of bad service. You can do one thing? to be satisfied' date=' ask your dealer to provide references of car owners, make sure you take numbers of people who have bought the car atleast a year back.. speak to them and find out about service quality.If i were you, I will give adequate/ chances to any dealer. I will also educate him/her politely about timely and quality service. There is no use is shouting or getting upset which will make things worse. I feel sorry for the people who work in car showrooms, they really work for low salaries and are stressed. After all this, If they still don't respond, simple email or speak to VW, Germany and I am sure you will get things done within no time. smiley17.gif

Thanks a lot smiley1.gif

I have booked my car on 15th Sept. Today it is the 14th day after the booking amount has been debited from my account. Yet I have not received any Booking Receipt or Booking Acknowledgement. Every time I call the Sales Guy, he says that he will hand over the receipt to some person who will personally hand it over to me. Unfortunately, the dealer is nearly 125km away from the place I live due to which it is not at all convenient to visit the them every now-n-then.

Let's see what happens. This is just the beginning. smiley19.gifsmiley19.gifsmiley19.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gifsmiley3.gif

Well Avinash, even I do not intend to behave rudely. I am not an aggressive kind by nature. What I am trying to convey is that I am unable to understand what takes so long(14 days precisely since I have received the copy today) for any organisation to provide the acknowledgement of the amount paid for certain service/product.

Now to add to my woes, the Sales Guy later on calls me up and first confirms the dispatch of the Booking Acknowledgement after which he said that my car is expected only in December as the booking list has already been so long due to festive seasons to come. I already had a mind set for the delivery in December as was told while booking, but later when the tentative date was confirmed to me to be around Dusshera, I was overjoyed by this sudden advancement in the delivery. Now again on the last day of the month this piece of information is not at all pleasing. I do accept that there is very less chance for him to advance the delivery due to overly booked stuff, but I expect him or anyone not to speak up unless there is a sure shot confirmation. This raises up the expectations to many folds which later on makes one feel stupid.

Now since nothing can be done, let's wait and watch. smiley28.gif

I am very sorry to hear the dealer postpone the delivery. I am totally with you my friend. There is no excuse for delay in providing a receipt/bill for something that you have purchased. smiley7.gif

I am actually surprised by the way VW have behaved with you. Considering the quality that they deliver this is not the way they should deal with customers. They should exhibit some kind of commitment and stick to their words atleast with the delivery date.

I will pray for you so that you get your car soon and a nice one. smiley1.gif

Avinash

Well Avinash' date=' even I do not intend to behave rudely. I am not an aggressive kind by nature. What I am trying to convey is that I am unable to understand what takes so long(14 days precisely since I have received the copy today) for any organisation to provide the acknowledgement of the amount paid for certain service/product.

Now to add to my woes, the Sales Guy later on calls me up and first confirms the dispatch of the Booking Acknowledgement after which he said that my car is expected only in December as the booking list has already been so long due to festive seasons to come. I already had a mind set for the delivery in December as was told while booking, but later when the tentative date was confirmed to me to be around Dusshera, I was overjoyed by this sudden advancement in the delivery. Now again on the last day of the month this piece of information is not at all pleasing. I do accept that there is very less chance for him to advance the delivery due to overly booked stuff, but I expect him or anyone not to speak up unless there is a sure shot confirmation. This raises up the expectations to many folds which later on makes one feel stupid.

Now since nothing can be done, let's wait and watch. smiley28.gif [/quote']

Avinash and Tushar,

Thank You for the information and suggesting me to solve the issue regarding the delivery of my car.

I have spoken with the Loan Guy and he has assured me to get the matter resolved with the dealer as he has some good sources with the dealers(He surely may be having as he has been disbursing loans for different cars since last few years).

I am waiting for the response. I prefer to sort out the matter at the basic level itself rather than going up to the bosses(if need arises I will have to do that).

You should thank Tushar for giving those contacts.

Good to know that you are getting your problem solved. I hope you will get the car soon and enjoy driving the awesome polo!!!!!!!!!!

smiley17.gif

Avinash and Tushar' date='

Thank You for the information and suggesting me to solve the issue regarding the delivery of my car.

I have spoken with the Loan Guy and he has assured me to get the matter resolved with the dealer as he has some good sources with the dealers(He surely may be having as he has been disbursing loans for different cars since last few years).

I am waiting for the response. I prefer to sort out the matter at the basic level itself rather than going up to the bosses(if need arises I will have to do that).[/quote']

You should thank Tushar for giving those contacts. Good to know that you are getting your problem solved. I hope you will get the car soon and enjoy driving the awesome polo!!!!!!!!!!smiley17.gif
Avinash and Tushar' date='

I am waiting for the response. I prefer to sort out the matter at the basic level itself rather than going up to the bosses(if need arises I will have to do that).[/quote']

Today I received a call asking me when would I prefer the car delivery at the earliest. I confirmed at home regarding the auspicious days and finally got the suggestion for 16th and 17th October as the best possible days. I conveyed this to the guy and he said that he is trying to get things done.

Awaiting in anticipation.

Congrats... smiley17.gif

Today I received a call asking me when would I prefer the car delivery at the earliest. I confirmed at home regarding the auspicious days and finally got the suggestion for 16th and 17th October as the best possible days. I conveyed this to the guy and he said that he is trying to get things done.

Congrats... smiley17.gif

Thanks Avinash.

Though the scene is still not clear, I am expecting a final confirmation tomorrow afternoon.

I have two choices now. Either I stay with the dealer in case they are going to arrange me a car as committed(although by mistake as that is the reason why I stepped forward to get the loan approved) or I cancel the booking with the dealer and let the Loan Guy take charge of the situation.

But when I asked how much are they going to refund in the case of Booking Cancellation, they said out of 50K paid, 7K will be deducted smiley3.gif

If I can recall correct, I had read somewhere that VW charges 1K and refunds the rest in case of Cancellation of Booking.

Please confirm. I think there is some confusion.

As we all know waiting period for polo is between 4-6 months ,Just out of curiosity what is the extra premium smiley2.gif one can get if some one wants instant delivery like in case of Fortuner ( Pseudo SUV with Innova interiors of Toyota) is commanding 1-1.5 lacs extra premium or blacksmiley18.gif. I remember even in the monopoly era of M800 smiley11.gif it used to command hefty premium as waiting was anywhere between 8-12 months.. 

ps: icons depicting the present state of vehicles mentioned

I am not sure about this. When I enquired about this a few months ago in Bangalore, I was told that if the booking is cancelled from our end, no money will be deducted. Different cities/dealers operate differently.

What did they tell you when you booked the car? I don't how things work in your city. But, do you think changing dealers at this time will help you?

Regards,

Avinash

Though the scene is still not clear' date=' I am expecting a final confirmation tomorrow afternoon. [/quote']

Note from Mod(to all): While quoting, use only a portion of the post intead of the whole post. Also, no adulations or thanksgiving msgs.
BornFree2010-10-01 04:37:27

Not a word from the dealer even today.

I have checked the Quotation that was given to me. It was printed that 1% of the ex-showroom price will be deducted in the case of cancellation of the booking. In my case the ex-showroom price here in Gujarat is Rs.4,51,833/-. So 4.5k will be deducted(if I choose to cancel the booking) from the 50k that I had paid against booking.

I am in a dilemma as to what should I do. Should I wait for the delivery from the showroom as and when it happens(December 2010 as final updated by the Sales Personnel on 29th) or should I cancel the booking and go ahead with the person who has promised to avail me the car of my choice whenever I wanted the delivery(extra premium is obvious in this case).

The reason that I am so confused is that, my car loan has been approved and everything is clear and the amount is ready for disbursement. But at the last moment I get to know that there is no way that the car can be delivered in October as committed by the Sales Personnel earlier(I had proceeded with the loan formalities only after confirming the probable delivery date).

As per the Loan Guy, the disbursement can be put on hold for a month. So whenever the loan may be disbursed, my EMI begins either on 5th Nov. or on 7th Nov. Which means I begin paying the EMI without the car at my disposal.

As we all know waiting period for polo is between 4-6 months ' date='Just out of curiosity what is the extra premium smiley2.gif?one can get if some one wants instant delivery like in case of Fortuner ( Pseudo SUV with Innova interiors of Toyota) is commanding 1-1.5 lacs extra premium or blacksmiley18.gif. I remember even in the monopoly era of M800?smiley11.gif?it used to command hefty premium as waiting was anywhere between 8-12 months..?

?

ps: icons depicting the present state of vehicles mentioned
[/quote']

Well, I do not have any idea about the premium charged for Toyota Fortuner though. But for a VW Polo the premium charges as I have been told is 10k to 20k. And that for the Vento is anywhere between 70k to 1lac.

The premium charges depends on the person who is getting the car availed to you.

As we all know waiting period for polo is between 4-6 months

I have inquired about the delivery schedule for the Polo at the dealers in Mumbai, Navi Mumbai, Nashik, Jaipur and New Delhi (apart from Surat).

All of them have confirmed the delivery within 2-3 months apart from the dealer at Jaipur. They have quoted a wait period of 4-5 months(Jaipur has the only VW dealer in Rajasthan so the booking loan can be understood). The earliest delivery being for Nashik who is ready to provide Petol Comfortline by Nov end.

The guy who I had spoken to when I contacted the Delhi Showroom said that earlier they used to quote a wait period of 4-6 months. But now nearly 15days ago they have received an official information that a new ramp has begun for production and now the showrooms can commit the delivery within 2-3 months.

This means that with the passage of time the production will increase and the wait period will also be less.

You mentioned that the loan guy will get you the car whenever you want. Does this mean that the car is ready and you pay extra money to get it early? Is that what you meant? or do you have to book it again and wait for a month or two?

If you ask me, its a decision you have to make. If the above is true in the sense that the car is ready and the loan guy can get you the car soon, at what cost do you want to do this? If you cancel the current booking u will loose Rs.5K and how much extra do you have to pay the loan guy? But, if you have the money and don't mind spending, then ok.

Also, please be careful. If the car is ready for delivery it will not stay in the shoowroom for long time, as people are waiting for VW. So, check if the car is new and a proper car..i hope you know what i mean.

Regards,

Avinash

Not a word from the dealer even today.

I have checked the Quotation that was given to me. It was printed that 1% of the ex-showroom price will be deducted in the case of cancellation of the booking. In my case the ex-showroom price here in Gujarat is Rs.4' date='51,833/-. So 4.5k will be deducted(if I choose to cancel the booking) from the 50k that I had paid against booking.

I am in a dilemma as to what should I do. Should I wait for the delivery from the showroom as and when it happens(December 2010 as final updated by the Sales Personnel on 29th) or should I cancel the booking and go ahead with the person who has promised to avail me the car of my choice whenever I wanted the delivery(extra premium is obvious in this case).

The reason that I am so confused is that, my car loan has been approved and everything is clear and the amount is ready for disbursement. But at the last moment I get to know that there is no way that the car can be delivered in October as committed by the Sales Personnel earlier(I had proceeded with the loan formalities only after confirming the probable delivery date).
As per the Loan Guy, the disbursement can be put on hold for a month. So whenever the loan may be disbursed, my EMI begins either on 5th Nov. or on 7th Nov. Which means I begin paying the EMI without the car at my disposal.[/quote']

The loan guy is ready to give me the car with an addition of 10k to that of the price of the car(the car will be sourced from Mumbai as many other cars).

So all in all, if I go with the decision to get the car now itself I will have to shell out
10k(extra amount) +5k(charges for booking cancellation) +2k(registration charges for state change) + some additional expenses = 20k minimum(I can get a good ICE for this amount).

My accessory shopping begins after these 20k additional expenses.

I have now planned to let things go the way they are going and if I am going to get the car in December let it be. I don't mind letting the loan being disbursed in the meantime. I have to take frequent follow ups with the dealer to ensure that the delivery does not postpone any longer than the final committed period(December 2010).

While booking the car, I was told that I would be receiving a booking confirmation from VW as SMS or e-mail within next 15days. It has already been 17days since the booking date but I have not received and such acknowledgement from any of the authorities. Will contact the dealer on Monday morning to confirm.

Note from Mod: Subsequent posts do not need to be quoted. If necessary quote only the relevant part & not the entire post.
BornFree2010-10-02 18:55:02

I guess this is a good decision as I believe its not worth all that headache to get a car delivered soon.

I have now planned to let things go the way they are going and if I am going to get the car in December let it be. I don't mind letting the loan being disbursed in the meantime. I have to take frequent follow ups with the dealer to ensure that the delivery does not postpone any longer than the final committed period(December 2010).

Recently One of my close friend bought Polo 1.2 Highline petrol & Y'day I've got the time to drive it exhaustively.

Here is the Concise Polo Drive report:

(+) points:

-Robust build & stability.

-Car is very stable & easily Controllable at 100+ speeds, as compared to its Rivals. 

-Doesn't feels underpowered w.r.t 1.2l engine & Heavy Chassis.

-Interior Quality & Finishing is Cut above the Rest, except(discussed below from the pic).

-As per my friend its FE is 14kmpl in Trafficky City conditions.

-Comfortable Seats.

-High-Positioned(behind the front Grille) Air-filter Intake facet.

(-) points:

-Only One & is the Biggest One: Car can't be locked from Inside by anyways.

Central locking is only to lock the car from Outside. 

Don't know why Media haven't highlighted this Seious-most Safety Glitch.

-2nd is the Surprise from a VW & Common Sight for others, See the Pic below;

image0202w.jpg

Ill fitting Door-Assist Grip of a Front Left Door.

Seems that, At the Cost of Demand Quality Compromise cann't be left alone.

Please Check this-Out VW.

Ill fitting Door-Assist Grip of a Front Left Door.

Seems that' date=' At the Cost of Demand Quality Compromise cann't be left alone.

Please Check this-Out VW.
[/quote']

I am unable to get this point. I mean what is the ill fitting about the door?

Can you elaborate plz?