creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

There is a gap between the biege right above the black door handle part. That gap should not be there.

Got the point. Never noticed so closely earlier when I had been to see the car at the dealer's before booking it.

The gap topic mostly talked about is of that of the Punto Ignition Key Hole part. There is a very prominent gap between the upper and lower sections there. However, never(apart from this) has the gap in between interior fittings been pointed out regarding the Polo.

Good eye to trace this flaw I must say.

When the Polo was launched in march , I went to the showroom for a test drive. I wasn't really happy with the smoothness and refinement of the petrol Polo . So I decided to go for another Test Drive .

First of all I was pretty pleased with the Dealership experience . Coming back to test drive experience , I had a chance to drive both petrol and diesel . As I said , I wasn't really happy with the refinement of Polo , this time also , I felt the engine is nosier than the other 1.2's available. Smoothness is acceptable , so is the performance . I pretty much liked , the way engine response is at low rpm . And the engine is far more drivable than the diesel unit. On the other hand , the diesel has lots of turbo lag below 2500 rpm . But post 2500 rpm its fun to drive . Overall petrol unit is better on drive-ability.

When inquired about delivery period , the SE replied , it depends on the variant and colour . When I asked about White Petrol Comfortline , He said, go for the trendline , and if payment and formalities are done, he can deliver the car within 4 days , and I was like smiley3.gif

Again asking about CL , he said , it will take about one month .

And for 1.6 , he said , VW has stopped production for a while , and the deliveries will start by Jan 2011. arreddyy2010-11-02 10:13:46

I have now planned to let things go the way they are going and if I am going to get the car in December let it be. I don't mind letting the loan being disbursed in the meantime. I have to take frequent follow ups with the dealer to ensure that the delivery does not postpone any longer than the final committed period(December 2010).

Now comes December, the month when my car is going to be delivered as per the committed by the VW Sales Executive in October.

Yesterday being 1st Dec, I called him to check the status. He said he will call me back within next 5min after checking the updates, which he promptly did.

It was fine till now till he revealed that I will get the delivery only in January or February 2011.

When I inquired why is it going to take so long, he told me that the problem is from the company's end. VW is not delivering any Petrol cars these days. Diesel cars are only being dispatched from the company.

I was supposed to go to Surat today for some work so I thought I'd visit the showroom and meet the head of sales to get a better picture, but my work got done and I did not have to leave my town today.

I am unable to understand what am I supposed to do now. How is it that even after 75days of booking am I expected to wait for another 45days to 60days after having committed the tentative time of delivery.

To make the situation worse, on getting the confirmation of the delivery in December 2010, I proceeded with the loan procedures and have got the first EMI due on 5th Dec.

I am unable to digest this whole delay matter.

I feel there is something fishy going on at the back which is covered by the so called "genuine reasons".

February is too late. By that time two new entrants would be gearing for launch-Etios Liva and New Swift. If you are waiting till that time, it might be better to just go with new Swift, which is now very spacious, and has better quality, though in all probability not upto VW mark. It will be launched according to speculations in April.

For now, if you wish, you can go for i20. It is a very competent hatchback with loads of features, good quality and spacious. You may also look at Polo's brother Fabia having the same engines, though concerns about its after sales service remain.

VW is now concentrating more on Vento than on Polo because of better margins. You may try your luck with the 1.6 variant. It might have better availibility because it shares that engine with Vento and Fabia

@abhpom4u;

That's very unfair happening with you..

I haven't heard such kind of complaints against VW dealers of our region, even most of them Deliver the Polos before their expected dates.

Even on asking VW Sales person yesterday, while Test Driving Polo TDi(whose review I'll will post later on) & he said about

-Polo 1.2 petrol: Some variants are readily available & some like White Shade or Comfortline variant follow few weeks Waiting period(2-5 weeks).

-Polo 1.6 petrol: Are having few Orders for it but Haven't recieved & delivered any car till to date.

-Polo 1.2 TDi: Red coloured Highline variant was readily available there but Waiting period of Comfortline variants extends upto Feb2011 end for Silver & other Metallic shades & upto 1st week of Mar2011 for White Comfortline TDi variant. 

Don't know why Company & Dealers are messing with People in other regions !!

February is too late. By that time two new entrants would be gearing for launch-Etios Liva and New Swift. If you are waiting till that time' date=' it might be better to just go with new Swift, which is now very spacious, and has better quality, though in all probability not upto VW mark. It will be launched according to speculations in April.

For now, if you wish, you can go for i20. It is a very competent hatchback with loads of features, good quality and spacious. You may also look at Polo's brother Fabia having the same engines, though concerns about its after sales service remain.

VW is now concentrating more on Vento than on Polo because of better margins. You may try your luck with the 1.6 variant. It might have better availibility because it shares that engine with Vento and Fabia[/quote']

I had already ruled out the Suzuki and Hyundai and preferred to go by the European brands earlier. I still stick to that decision.

Now as far as switching to Fabia is concerned, I had indeed considered the car prior to booking the Polo. But there were two reasons why I went otherwise. First was that the New Fabia was not launched (there was a news earlier that it would be launched in September, but came in the market a month late in October) and the second thing was the pathetic After Sales Service reviews that I had read in different threads. But after having a look at the revised version of the Fabia, I still would suggest it to anyone.

The major issue is that I had applied for loan in anticipation which was passed and my EMI is due to begin on 5th of this month. I was comfortable with that since I was expecting the delivery positively by December. Now I am in a fix as my EMI begins and by the time I get the car, I would have already paid 3EMI.

@abhpom4u;

That's very unfair happening with you..

I haven't heard such?kind of complaints against VW?dealers of our region' date=' even most of them Deliver the Polos before their expected dates.

Even?on asking VW Sales person yesterday, while?Test Driving Polo TDi(whose review I'll will post later on) & he said about

-Polo 1.2 petrol: Some variants are?readily available & some like White Shade or Comfortline variant follow few weeks Waiting period(2-5 weeks).

-Polo 1.6 petrol: Are having few Orders for it but Haven't recieved & delivered any car till to date.

-Polo 1.2 TDi:?Red coloured Highline variant was readily available there but Waiting period of?Comfortline variants?extends upto?Feb2011 end for Silver & other Metallic shades &?upto 1st week of Mar2011 for White Comfortline TDi variant.?

Don't know why Company & Dealers are messing with People in other regions !!

?
[/quote']

When I had inquired about a fortnight ago, I was told that some person has cancelled his booking of Treadline Petrol but the car was Red in colour. The car had arrived in the showroom and I could take it away if I wished to. But I did not prefer to do so since I would get a White one within next few days.

On inquiring him about the status of my delivery, he said that he would not be able to comment anything on that part since they had not received any delivery schedule from VW till then.

As per the dealer, they have no idea about the status updates of the cars that have been booked. VW informs them about their booking status only after the product is ready to be supplied to them.

Do they not have any online management system to work on through which the dealers can keep an update on the current status of their bookings and why is the delivery being delayed from the company's end..??

It is either of two things.

1) VW does not oblige the dealers as per their requirements on time

2) The dealers get the cars at their disposal but deliver according to their priority (a havoc making customer gets a faster delivery)

Either ways the customer has to suffer.

I was told at the time of booking itself that once the car is dispatched from the company, it is already alloted on the customer's name. I was reassured about this fact on more than two occasions. But I seriously doubt about this.

@abhpom4u: There's nothing you can do. Better be cool and forget the delivery schedules and booking; as already the loan has been disbursed to the company. I don't think any dealer gives 'written' confirmation of when your car will be delivered and so you have no 'legally' binding proof of that; so you can't hold any thing against them now. VW is sure taking it's own sweet time to deliver.

Durango Dude2010-12-03 07:59:37

@abhpom4u I admire your patience for waiting as long as you already have. Although I completely disagree with the practice in principle. I feel a wait for more than 2 weeks is ridiculous regardless of what excuse the company provides besides the car doing absolutely chart-topping numbers(E.g. Swift, i20, Alto).

If I was in your position, I would cancel the booking and try to get as much of my money back from them as possible. We crib about A.S.S but this is an example of poor service being provided even before the sale is made.

@Durango Dude

Absolutely true.

I wonder whether this manipulative structure is due to the 'chalta hai' attitude of the Indians because there can not be any true reason for the delay to happen.

VW directly competes with Maruti in Polo v/s Swift. Earlier there were stories about delay of 3-4 months for Swift which seemed to be too long. But Maruti dealers oblige the buyers by providing the car much before the tentative delivery date (my friend got his VDI in October in mere 70days).

Forget about the after sales issues which people like me have an optimistic view about. Let the car itself be delivered first to use.

The strategy is too mind numbing.

@asethi919

I think the same as well in terms of excessive waiting period. I do agree if there is long waiting period of Swift, i20, Alto etc. which are selling like hot cakes. But even then these cars do get delivered within 3months if at all it is delayed, or else these get delivered within 45-75 days in our place.

Cancelling the booking and stepping back is no longer an option for me since my car loan has already been disbursed and my EMI begins on 5th of this month. I chose to go ahead with the loan procedure since I was assured of confirmed delivery in December(earlier there had been talks of having my car delivered in Dussera which later on at the last moment got extended upto December). This is the second time the delivery date has been extended.

God and VW know what exactly they are upto.

I guess I have no choice left other than wait and watch. My meantime activity will be to glance at my account being debited of Rs.8525/- on the 5th of every month.

It is terribly upsetting to see this behaviour from VW. Making good cars is not enough nowadays. They need to realize that sooner rather than later if they want to survive. Otherwise they will be headed in the same direction Fiat did in the past and Skoda is heading right now. Go raise hell at the showroom or threaten them with legal action or something.I know I would ragardless or the result. 

Had the showroom been in my town, I would've never called them for a single thing. I rather prefer to visit and collect the information. But to my dismay, the showroom is more than 100km from my place and the only convenient way of communication is through phone (nobody in the showroom does bother to reply an e-mail. i had tried once).

Skoda, after the relaunch (as I prefer to call it) of Fabia, has fastened their belts. I had been to their showroom the other day to check out the Yeti (there is one in our town). The little piece of information that I got was that Fabia is now being delivered within 60days which will be mentioned clearly in writing at the time of booking itself. I consider this to be a very fair game.

Had I not got the loan processed, I would have surely opted out of VW and would've been driving the Fabia today.

Nevertheless, I am planning to visit the VW showroom sometime next week. I hope there I do not hear a new story altogether.

I shudder to go near the Germans just for this and their after sales costs; most of those guys at the helm of VW/Skoda must be in India on a "punishment posting" and they don't give a damn what we Indians think and they will do things they think right and customer be damned. Even with the small chicken feed number of cars they clock every month they aren't able to provide proper after sales and also not able to keep their delivery schedules.

Though the waiting period is a bit too long the cars are really world class apart from the engines.I never heard any complaints about ASS [polo,vento]and spare prices are also not expensive but accessories are expensive.No car is perfect you either get a rattling tin car or a well build not so reliable car {i haven't heard any major troubles with polo or vento}

Same thing happened to me. I booked polo petrol highline. I was told that polo will be delivered to me in 3 months. But after waiting for 4 months I canceled my booking and opted for i20. 

I own 1.2 petrol Polo yes its true spareparts availability?is an issue. As part of cost cutting all May onwards deliveries donot have hood insulation?across all petrol variants (1.2 TL/CL/HL & 1.6HL). My polo was delivered in September and didn't have under bonnet carpet I order from Europe and costed me INR 9' date='012/- ( Nine thousand rupees)smiley7.gif. Ouuch....[/quote']

disgusting to note. mine is to be delivered in jan 11. without under bonnet insulation my 800 gets hot like a furnase.

After a long research through all motoring websites , i finally decided to book polo 1.2 TL candy white from VW West , mumbai. i feel its vfm car at this price(5.08 otr mumbai) compare to swift vxi 5.26 otr mumbai and i 20 era 5.38. the standard equipment includes fr power window, power steering with tilt and telescopic. test drive car was smooth and there was no vibrations, noise inside cabin, with sufficient space rear and boot, sedan like interiors and sports design( i hate tall boys, does not look like cars). overall booking experience was ok and delivery period 03 months. expected in jan 11 3rd week.

Note from Mod: Don't create back to back posts & while quoting use only a relevant part & not the entire post. You are also suggested to go through the board rules before proceeding further.

BornFree2010-12-04 10:19:09

i finally decided to book polo 1.2 TL candy white

Congrats alot on booking the India's favourite Hot hatchback-Polo.

Which fuel option car you've booked-Petrol or Diesel !!

disgusting to note. mine is to be delivered in jan 11. without under bonnet insulation my 800 gets hot like a furnase.

Don't Worry man, this will not harm you & your car in any way.

This isn't an essential element of a Petrol car, but you'll get it if the car you booked is a Diesel one.

Volkswagen says huge demand for Polo, Vento

By PTI Dec 07 2010 , Mumbai

German car-maker Volkswagen today said that because of the huge demand of its Polo and Vento models, there is a waiting period of two to three months for both.

The company plans to ramp-up production at its Chakan facility in Maharashtra to cater to the increasing demand.

"At present, we have at least two to three months of waiting period for the Polo and Vento. We are ramping-up capacity at our Chakan facility to meet demand," Volkswagen Group Sales India (Passenger Cars) Director Neeraj Garg told reporters here.

"We have started a second shift to scale-up production to meet the high demand for the Polo and Vento. We are gradually ramping-up production, but not rapidly, as we do not want to compromise on quality," Garg said.

He, however, did not specify by how much the production has been scaled-up.

The company sold 4,613 units of Polo and Vento in November this year. It sold over 26,000 units across models from January-November this year.

Earlier, the company had said it will be achieving the full annual production capacity of 1.1 lakh units at its Chakan plant by end 2011. The company has invested up to Rs 3,800 crore in India so far.

Opening its 5th dealership in the metropolis today, Garg said that its dealership network now stood at 61. "We now have 61 dealerships pan-India. Going forward, we will continue to expand our network," he said.

The company currently offers compact cars Beetle and Polo, premium sedans Phaeton, Passat and Jetta, sports utility vehicle Touareg and the mid-size sedan Vento in the country.

Source

The increase in dealership is great to know about as well as the new ramp which they have started.

But as far as delivery within 3 months is concerned, it is already about 3 months since I have booked my Polo and still am expected to wait till Jan 2011 end of Feb to get my hands on it.

VW seems to be taking the Vento production more seriously than the Polo. Ventos are being delivered within a short span of 45-60 days of booking, whereas while booking my Polo in mid-september I was told that Polo was much easier to get than Vento. On booking a Vento in September, they would be able to deliver only by March. But things have started going the other way round.

Hope VW mends its ways and takes Indian buyers seriously rather than taken for granted owing to its brand value.