creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

@Nishu:"Except Maruti Suzuki no another branded car justifies the 1st line from above completely, as I've also seen many Hyundais, usually demanding Heavy Maintenance after 3-4 years from their Purchase."

It all depends on how you treat your car, if treated well, it returns good service. For your info Santro is still selling quiet well and Accent's still doing 1000 units and odd a month.

@CrazyDoc: "Maruti is vfm but Hyundai's are overpriced and as unreliable as any other cars."

Hyundai's are far more reliable and easy to maintain than a Skoda or VW. Hyundai and Maruti's high end cars don't sell because of their 'econohatch' image and that's  nothing to do with the quality of their cars. Believe me take a TD to see how good a car Sonata Transform is.

Beg to disagree. I had an Accent for almost 8 years and have a Santro AT for 5+. Apart from one incident where I had problems with the rear suspension of the Accent they have both been blemish less' date=' no unexpected repair bills.  I have needed more care on my M800, Zens and Esteem. Marutis' tend to rattle like anything after about four years.

[/quote']

There's a Saying that "If you want to buy the Used Car, then go for the car Used by Doctors, Professors or Advocates", which is due to their Exceptional Product keeping habits.

& I think these words tells the Whole story about your Trouble-free Ownership with Hyundais, etc.

But In my previous post I'm discussing about the General Masses of the Country which need Only 4-Wheels, Average to Good Engine & tough Bodyshell to tackle their daily Commutes & the Santro/Accent to which I've Referred above is of my Cousin, who's an Architect & Interior Designer in Delhi. His 1st car was Santro XP which he sold after 4-years of Hard Use & Replaced it with Maruti Esteem & Words about comparitive Hyundai & Maruti's Maintenace are by him.

It all depends on how you treat your car' date=' if treated well, it returns good service. For your info Santro is still selling quiet well and Accent's still doing 1000 units and odd a month.
[/quote']

Hope my above paragraph justifies this..

& The best cars which can tackle any kind of treatment are of Tatas' & which can't tackle even bit of it are most probably of Hondas', while Maruti Suzuki's falls Inbetween these with their Frugality, Reliability & Good-Widespread AfSS.
dr_nishu2010-12-17 19:37:36

Hyundai's are far more reliable and easy to maintain than a Skoda or vw @ Durago Dude maintaining a CBU or CKD will always be more expensive than a made in India car,Polo and Fabia have high local contents their spare prices are at par or lower than i20,they don't rattle like i20 from day two,there are many other problems with  i20 like ac,underpowered engine etc,but Indian customers have herd like mentality so it sells but that doesn't make it better than VW.

Taking TD of Sonata which sells in single digits and owning one is two different things,availablity, price of spares and ASS of Sonata is different from i10 and what about resle value

Take a TD of Laura TSI and see the difference.

IMO , the Maruti ,Hyundai servce, products are over hyped due to This "paid News"

by these Manufacturers. I wanted to highlight this nexus but my thread was deleted by some moderator( May I ask What was inflammatory about that thread that it warranted to be deleted from this forum)thats why I am forced to write about this in this Thread.I felt that their was nothing inappropriate about that thread as it was openly discussed in many forums.

There have been lot of problems faced by owners of Hyundai's I20 regarding rattling of steering but this has been hushed up.

Only problems faced by owners of Skoda , Fiat, Tata are highlighted ( read Exaggerated)in a manner which appears as if the best manufacturer of cars is Hyundai and Maruti and their service is top notch.

Why none criticizes cost of spare parts of German cars, Service malpracticises , shoddy Electricals - They will Just say That these are tough cars with minor electrical gremlins - Why the owners are not cynical about these cars in this regard - Snobish Value .

Yes some cars quality problems but what I feel We overly criticizethese fringe  manufacturesrs who are bringing out Quality products but are being Bad mouthed By

This paid News.

IMO , the car You get , service you get depends on that day not on Maufacturers reputation.

Sonata Transform is a good car nodoubt but Laura is a better product.

@mods - Please goahead and delete this  post if You like but atleast PM what was the reason. because I have the right to Know what was wrong with this post and Thread Titled -Indian Media Exposed I started in opposite clock about few days ago.

@Spock: I think you need to give our fellow citizens a little more credit, especially, the hatchback brigade. Don't "herd" them and belittle their judgment. For the number of hatchback's Maruti and Hyundai sells they are doing an excellent job of taking care of their customer's service needs. I have owned Hyundai for 11 years and my judgment of the brand is borne out of that and not because of any "paid news". Problem is the miniscule number of cars that are sold by the so called "fringe" maker's even those numbers they aren't able to provide satisfactory back up service.

@Durago Dude is it a coincidence that u own a 11year old Hyundai and it is the best company in the world,everyone have feelings for their brands but that does not mean bad mouthing other companies.Don't hijack this thread with ur Hyundaism

I agree with Your statement Crazy Doc.I believe that the car you get , service you get depends on that day no matter which company You go.

Maruti's service many have complained( me too) in various forums but these voices are suppressed by PAID NEWS. Remember GM was like Maruti in 1960s but they never listened to so called "minority Voices" - thats why it is in the state  You see today.

Also with bulk orders from coporate client these Manufacturers Don't care.

The problem with fringe manufacturers is that they are in shoe string budget don't have luxury to develop sales, good sevice networks with trained staff . so to cut cost the Indian Management  outsource to Unqualified , inexperienced Indian companies - which leads to customer instatisfaction, poor quality.

people working in Indian Mangement of these companies are not that bothered because they are intrested in money only and with so many companies coming to our country they hop on from one company to another.

So who cares?

Whatever I write is from personal experience ,  My sources , long history association with companies

Mr. Spock2010-12-18 08:25:29

"If you want to buy the Used Car' date=' then go for the car Used by Doctors, Professors or Advocates"[/quote']

Even I would love to join this list, Is there any Spl category I would fit in?

I maintain my vehicles in a good manner, far better than a general public.

I think this thread was titled VW Polo' date=' the real big thing. I request all to please continue with the topic. Other topics can be discussed in a separate thread.[/quote'] exactly, my comments on price increase of polo from jan 11 gone unheard . I expected so much comments and confirmations from other prospectives owners on this.

Hey guys, at last I have got the confirmation about my car. Today evening I came to know that my car has finally arrived at the dealer's stock yard(although I had to call up to take the follow up). PDI pending and will be done on Monday.

Since mine is a Treadline, I have ordered body colored door handles, ORVM casing and Parcel Tray. This alongwith black floor mats, mud flaps, art leather seat covers and car cover.

The changes(body colored stuff and parcel tray) will be available within next 2-3 days and I plan to collect my car by Thursday or Friday.

As far as hike in the car price goes, it is well seen that this hike will be effective for those cars which have still not been booked. It is not going to effect the price on delivery whenever it happens.

Hey guys' date=' at last I have got the confirmation about my car. Today evening I came to know that my car has finally arrived at the dealer's stock yard(although I had to call up to take the follow up). PDI pending and will be done on Monday.

[/quote'] Congratulations sir. Do take some pics of your car at the time of PDI. See the floor carpet is clean and some paper or something has been put on it to save it from footprints. as far as accessories are concerned , get all electrical accessories fitted from the dealer only, because we should not take any chances for warranty. For other things you can go to a after market shop also, though the price quoted by vw seems to be reasonable. best of luck . I am too waiting for my white trendline which is to be delivered in Jan-11 with finger crossed.

I do not intend to get any accessory fitted in the car at this moment. Will wait for another 3-4 months for my ICE. The few things that I am getting from the dealer are the floor mats(black colour) since the default beige would get soiled very easily and I am not one who prefers to bother too much about cleaning. Also the mud flaps, seat cover and car cover.

A friend of mine says that we can get these stuff at a cheaper rate from the open market accessory shop(I have also read in teambhp threads), but I wouldn't bother myself in hunting for those and get those from the dealer itself.

The showroom asked me whether I would like to have the teflon coating done on the car. I denied. If I permitted them to, then they would've done it ready by the time of delivery. But I am still not sure about the coating part. I guess I'll get the underbody coating done for rust prevention.

Rest of the coating part, I'll have those done after recommendations from a local car spa.

One question.

Does the Treadline have ICE wiring ready for speakers and HU.?? I have read elsewhere that Comfortline has the wiring ready. Just want to confirm.

One question.
Does the Treadline have ICE wiring ready for speakers and HU.?? I have read elsewhere that Comfortline has the wiring ready. Just want to confirm.

Sorry to Interrupt !!

Please correct abh, its Polo Trendline(not Treadline).

Yes, you're right Polo Trendline doesn't comes with Speaker wiring, while Comfortline is having that.
dr_nishu2010-12-19 12:39:37

@ abhpom4u

U won't regret your decision regarding Teflon,just normal polishing or waxing will do.

Make sure to learn how to bring the vipers to service position,otherwise u will end up scratching the bonnet.  

@ abhpom4u

U won't regret your decision regarding Teflon' date='just normal polishing or waxing will do.

Make sure to learn how to bring the vipers to service position,otherwise u will end up scratching the bonnet.  

[/quote']smiley32.gifI AGREE...

Please correct abh' date=' its Polo Trendline(not Treadline).

[/quote']

Yes it is Trendline indeed. I have always read it as "Treadline" till you mentioned and I checked it out. Thanks for correcting me Nishu, else I would've been driving the wrong car instead smiley36.gif

Can you through some light on the coating part to clear off my doubts..?? I have read many threads in ACI as well as Tbhp, but am not able to understand the stuff.. Can you possibly help me out..??

@ abhpom4uU won't regret your decision regarding Teflon' date='just normal polishing or waxing will do.Make sure to learn how to bring the vipers to service position,otherwise u will end up scratching the bonnet. ?

[/quote']

Thanks for the suggestion CD.

And yes, I have read about the wiper fiddling in order to raise it. I was in fact searching the stuff on TBhp where it has extensively been discussed. But will be able to understand the engineering properly only after giving it a try. By reading it, it seems like a complicated procedure to me just to raise the wipers to wash the car. Hope someday I'll be able to figure out the mystery behind what has this whole formality got to do with......

Yes' date=' you're right Polo Trendline doesn't comes with Speaker wiring, while Comfortline is having that[/quote']

In that case, how complicated or simple do you think would it be to install an ICE..??

Can you through some light on the coating part to clear off my doubts..?? I have read many threads in ACI as well as Tbhp' date=' but am not able to understand the stuff.. Can you possibly help me out..??[/quote']

-Teflon Coating: Its mere a thin Film-like coating done onto the Painted Glossy Body Surfaces(not the Rough ones like Inside the Wheelarches, etc) & is done by the phenomen of Surface Adsorption, all meant to prevent Minor Scratches from Duster, etc. 

-Underbody Coating isn't actually Required for a Brand New car, especially to a VW car, as VW India itself provides 3-Years Unconditional Warranty against Rust or Corrosion for all BodyWork.

So, Postpone this event for Next 3-years & Save for Now, Instead Get Teflon Coating done for now.

In that case' date=' how complicated or simple do you think would it be to install an ICE..??[/quote']

Not much..

Just a Matter of 10 minutes Instead of 2-3 minutes for Professionals to do Under-Cladding Wiring.
dr_nishu2010-12-19 14:04:09

Teflon Coating: Its mere a thin Film-like coating done onto the Painted Glossy Body Surfaces ......... all meant to prevent Minor Scratches from Duster' date=' etc.?
[/quote']

Do you mean to say that Teflon Coating will not be of any help in the case of normal scratches caused due to other reasons, like a child making a scratch with a pencil and so on..??

I have bought the Jopasu Duster after reading many threads and the users recommend it over normal cloth wipe. I have no idea whatsoever about car care. Please tell me whether a simple wax polish will suffice in lieu of Teflon coating..?? This is because scratches are bound to happen on the body if the vehicle is plying on the road or is kept parked outside the house.

@Nishu

Thank you for the guidelines regarding body and underbody coating. But now I would add another query regarding the anti-corrosion thing.

VW commits 6 years anti-perforation warranty(anti-corrosion and anti-perforation are two different aspects).

I live very close to the Arabian sea coast(hardly 10km drive to the beach). To add to worsen the atmosphere, ours is a very big Chemical/Paper Industrial belt. I think this will be a serious challenge for the Anti-perforation warranty commitment.

@ashikawa

Hope you too get your car in Jan '11 as confirmed by the showroom guys. When did you book it..??

I have booked it in october 10.

VW commits 6 years anti-perforation warranty(anti-corrosion and anti-perforation are two different aspects).
I have two different brochure with different version 1st says galvanized body with 6 years anti corrosion warranty and 2nd says galvanised body with 6 years anti perforation warranty.

One question.

The brochure says Radio preparation includes roof antenna and partial pre wiring.
The showroom asked me whether I would like to have the teflon coating done on the car. I denied. If I permitted them to' date=' then they would've done it ready by the time of delivery.[/quote'] I have read some negetive aspects of teflon coating on tbhp, if not properly done and if plastic parts and glass exposed to it, it may spoil these things. proceed carefully on this. If the carmaker is providing top notch paint quality , why to go for such coatings on a new car.