creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

Do you mean to say that Teflon Coating will not be of any help in the case of normal scratches caused due to other reasons' date=' like a child making a scratch with a pencil and so on..??
[/quote']

Teflon Coating covers most of the Minor Scrarches caused by Rubbing Cloth Duster, etc but is Not the Solution for Typical Scratches.

& Using Powder Detergent for washing Teflon Coated cars isn't advisable, Use Mild Shampoo instead.

I live very close to the Arabian sea coast(hardly 10km drive to the beach). To add to worsen the atmosphere' date=' ours is a very big Chemical/Paper Industrial belt. I think this will be a serious challenge for the Anti-perforation warranty commitment.[/quote']

What can be better than this !!

Then surely you don't go for Anti-Rust Coating & Give the Chance for VW to prove themself, for which they're that much confident.

Or If they fails to deliver that, you might get Claim in the shape of new VW Polo after 5-6 years again with paying Minimal charges.

But be sure before experimenting this, as I've read 3-Year Unconditional Warranty against Corrosion or Rust at the back of its Brochure.

Will surely check out the Corrosion Prevention/Perforation Prevention Warranty during the delivery. This was in fact the 1st thing that did strike me when it was mentioned at the time of booking. I went on to ask this query to the Sales Consultant as well. He said that it will apply to all cases and that VW is confident about their product and commitment.

Well, had I been selling a product with such an optimistic view, even I would have to say something equal since this has never been tried ever before. Moreover I had to sell the product and it is the manufacturer who is making the commitment and not me.

Only time will tell as none of the VW cars have been for so long since they've stepped in India.

But anyway, I reserve my thoughts of getting the anti-corrosion underbody coating done after-market. Will think about the body coat later.

Will surely check out the Corrosion Prevention/Perforation Prevention Warranty during the delivery. This was in fact the 1st thing that did strike me when it was mentioned at the time of booking. I went on to ask this query to the Sales Consultant as well. He said that it will apply to all cases and that VW is confident about their product and commitment.

I have again checked the brochure , it says 3-year Paint Warranty.

The paintwork of the new Polo is covered against manufacturing defects for a period up to 3 years from date of sale. Naturally, the new Polo must be cared for in compliance with the operating instructions which will be found in your vehicle handbook.

and in addition to this Galvanised body with 6 years anti-perforation warranty.

there is also a option for extended warranty, do check it with the dealer. brochure says :

Volkswagen Warranty & Extended Warranty.

The new Volkswagen Polo comes with a standard warranty of 2eyears, unlimited kilometres and can be extended at an additional cost for further 2 years and up to 1,00,000 kms from the date of sale (whichever is earlier), which protects your car against the defects of most mechanical and electrical components due to

manufacturing defects.All periodic maintenance at recommended intervals and warranty work must be completed by an authorised Volkswagen dealer.

I have also been told the same thing about the 3-year Paint Warranty and 6-year Anti-Perforation Warranty when I had been to check out the car before booking.

The Paint Warranty according to the Sales Consultants means that the Warranty is covered for any kind of fading of the paint job if the vehicle is kept excessively under direct sun or some part of the paint starts to peel off naturally without any intentional damage.

The Anti-Perforation Warranty truly means obvious as there are many cars 5-years of age which seem to have small holes created due to rusting of the body coat. This will truly be a big challenge in our town(Vapi) as it is a big Chemical Industrial zone in Gujarat. Here, even good quality of Stainless Steel starts corroding easily.

Let's see how much does VW stand up to its quality. This is because the Warranty doesn't mean that the manufacturer will pay for the loss, Rather it means that the manufacturer is so confident on the commitment that they are ready to pay for the loss if at all it happens.

I have also been told the same thing about the 3-year Paint Warranty and 6-year Anti-Perforation Warranty when I had been to check out the car before booking.

Have you checked about the extended warranty of the polo and what is the cost for it ? I think your car might have been delivered by now. Do post some pics and delivery experience.

Hey guys, I have taken the delivery of my Polo yesterday 23rd Dec. Was busy yesterday and today. Will post my review about the German beauty in a short while.

I couldn't yet find enough time to go through the 300pg Owner's Manual. Just going through the features by casually experimenting(I know that I must not experiment on a brand new car though).

@abh;

Congrats alot for getting the New Polo TL after a long Waaaait.

Do share some of its pics & l'll bit of your Ownership experience.

I did not opt for extended warranty right now. Will go for it after 2 years.

How much that Extended Warranty costs actually ???

Hey guys' date=' I have taken the delivery of my Polo yesterday 23rd Dec. Was busy yesterday and today. Will post my review about the German beauty in a short while.

I couldn't yet find enough time to go through the 300pg Owner's Manual. Just going through the features by casually experimenting(I know that I must not experiment on a brand new car though).[/quote']

Congrats !! I hope it was all worth the wait. we are buying one too.

Hey guys' date=' I have taken the delivery of my Polo yesterday 23rd Dec. .[/quote'] Congratulations for your new car. Have you asked the dealer what it will cost for 2 year extended warranty? EDIT:***Also inform which fuel option your car is.*** ashikawa2010-12-25 04:41:49

Thank You Nishu, Nanoodhaliwal, Crazy Doc, ashikawa..

I was told at the time of the booking that 2years extended warranty would cost somewhere around 29k(I do not remember the exact figure). But at the time of taking the delivery, I did not bother to even talk about it as the extended warranty would be effective only after the default warranty for 2years would lapse. So useless to think about it for the next 2years. Will opt for it when time comes.

The car is no doubt a very good one and I must admit that it was worth the wait. Really very impressive driveability and good highway and city behaviour.

Although people here do not bother to check out most cars but this German Dude really turned each and every head in the neighbourhood.

I have only one fear. That is the front logo being stolen.

Was busy in the delivery process on Thursday as the showroom is in Surat(125km from our place). Was busy yesterday too. Will check out most features and the characteristics(apart from the human head turning one) today, will get 3M underbody anti-corrosion coating done and will post a review right from the searching for a car to buying it in a separate thread.

I haven't got any body coating done. Please suggest me if it is required and if so then what kind of coating should that be..??

I was told at the time of the booking that 2years extended warranty would cost somewhere around 29k(I do not remember the exact figure).

Then i don't think it is worth the cost.

I have only one fear. That is the front logo being stolen.
Really a reason to worry. But don't worry the god is great.

today' date=' will get 3M underbody anti-corrosion coating done [/quote'] what is the cost and are you getting it done from dealer.
I haven't got any body coating done. Please suggest me if it is required and if so then what kind of coating should that be..??
I don't think you need one. Only cover the car while parked in sun .

Thanks for your comments ashikawa.

I have not got any coating done from the dealer and neither am I going to get it done from them. They do all the stuff at their service station which is 16km away from their showroom. In my absence, I am not going to rely on the dealer about getting the work done as there will not be a visible difference on whether they have really done the coating or not.

I have spoken to a local car care outlet here in Vapi itself. They're going to charge 3k for 3M anti-corrosion underbody coating with a warranty of 5years. He had also mentioned about another company coating for 4k. But since I have heard only about 3M, I did not bother to pay any heed to what he said for the other company.

Will it be fine if I wax polish my car..?? It'll get more shine.

I am not sure how long this polish serve, as for as i am concerned i believe in just cleaning the car with a soft wet cloth that too once in a week without brushing the surface with the dirt accumulated on it, and keeping the car always covered while parked at home.

What is the new delivery period for the polo ?

Im looking to buy the polo for my sister, Main concern is she wants automatic, so polo is the best choice as fabia dosent have automatic.

I have just come across this new item at

http://jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20101226/auto/auto6.html

Hyundai, VW Top Safe List

Published: Sunday | December 26, 20100 Comments and 0 Reactions

WASHINGTON (AP):

South Korean automakers Hyundai and Kia and German car maker Volkswagen lead the insurance industry's annual list of the safest new vehicles, used by safety-minded consumers looking to buy a new car.

The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety recognised 66 vehicles on Wednesday with its "top safety pick award" for the 2011 model year, the most-ever awarded by the Virginia-based group. The number was more than double the 27 vehicles selected last year.

Hyundai Motor Corp and its affiliate Kia Motors Corp, and Volkswagen AG and its Audi brand received the most awards with nine, followed by eight awards apiece by General Motors Co, Ford Motor Co and Toyota Motor Corp. The awards, used in advertising to attract car buyers, bolster Hyundai and Volkswagen as they attempt to build a larger foothold in the United States.

Won plaudits

Hyundai's Genesis sedan, Sonata midsize and Santa Fe and Tucson sport utility vehicles picked up awards, while Kia was recognised for the Optima midsize car, the Forte and Soul small cars, and the Sorento and Sportage SUVs. Volkswagen won plaudits for the Jetta and Jetta SportWagen, the Golf and GTI small cars and the Touareg and Tiguan SUVs. Audi's A3 and A4 sedans and Q5 SUV also made the list.

Subaru and Chrysler received five awards apiece while Volvo and Mercedes had four. Subaru was the only automaker to win awards in every vehicle category in which it competes. Nissan and Honda had two awards each, and Mitsubishi and BMW had one.

Hyundai said the award was particularly sweet for the Sonata, which also received the top score of five stars in the government's crash-test programme. The combination put Sonata "in a safety position unsurpassed in the industry," said John Krafcik, president and CEO of Hyundai Motor America.

Mark Barnes, Volkswagen of America's chief operating officer, said the recognition for VW was a "testament to our commitment to engineering safe vehicles."

GM's winners include the Chevrolet Malibu, Cruze and Equinox; Cadillac CTS and SRX; Buick LaCrosse and Regal and GMC Terrain. Chris Perry, vice president of Chevrolet marketing, said the award would build on "the already strong global safety reputation of the Cruze."

Ford's picks include the Ford Taurus, Fusion, Fiesta, Explorer and Flex; and the Lincoln MKS, MKZ and MKT. Ford vice-president Sue Cischke said the Explorer, which arrived at dealer showrooms earlier this month, offered a good example of the company's safety improvements, including inflatable seat belts and technology that helps a driver maintain control of the vehicle along tough curves.

Ongoing commitment

Toyota, which has grappled with several high-profile recalls during the past year, scored with the Toyota Avalon, Corolla, Sienna, Highlander and Venza; the Lexus RX; and the Scion tC and xB. Toyota said its eight safety picks were "reflective of our ongoing commitment to developing safe and reliable vehicles for our customers."

The vehicles were chosen for protection in front, side and rear crash tests. To qualify for the award, the insurance industry group also requires the vehicles to have anti-rollover electronic stability control, or ESC, and receive top scores in roof strength tests.

Institute president Adrian Lund credited automakers for "quickly rising to meet the more-challenging criteria for 'Top Safety Pick.'" He said several automakers have requested tests for new models coming out early next year and Lund predicted more winners would be added.

I was told at the time of the booking that 2years extended warranty would cost somewhere around 29k(I do not remember the exact figure).

It'll cost around 4.5-5k as compared to Jetta, whose Extended Warranty costs around 6.5k only.

Confirmed this from Local VW Dealer.

It'll cost around 4.5-5k as compared to Jetta' date=' whose Extended Warranty costs around 6.5k only.

Confirmed this from Local VW Dealer.
[/quote'] I asked my dealer about it, and he says that no such warranty is available, the brochure also have details about extended warranty.Don't understand why they have confusion on extended warranty till now.

I asked my dealer about it' date=' and he says that no such warranty is available, the brochure also have details about extended warranty.Don't understand why they have confusion on extended warranty till now.[/quote']

Its not available yet but Our Local Dealer assured that It'll be available within Next 3-4 months(that's why I've written -'It'll cost...' in my previous post) at the Speculated price of 4.5-5k & can be opted thereafter.

Even It can also be opted at the End of Regular 2-years Warranty i.e: after 2-years of Purchase.

So, all VW Polo Owners & Seekers don't get worried for now.

Hey guys' date=' I have taken the delivery of my Polo yesterday 23rd Dec. ..... Will post my review about the German beauty in a short while. [/quote']

How's your VW Polo TL performing now ??

How's the Performance of its Non-ABS Brakes  ??
dr_nishu2010-12-27 16:50:34

I have been having a great time with my German Girlfriend these days.

Have covered over 300km since 23rd Dec.

Got the car at 16km odo reading. 125km was the distance from showroom to my place and complete highway driving. Performance is really good.

Have roughly estimated the fuel efficiency to be around 10.5kpl(though fuel efficiency is not worth calculating before 3000km).

The engine sounds crude for petrol and people end up asking whether it is a diesel one. In fact I was the one to ask this question to the sales personnel when I test drove it way back in April.

People even asked me how much diesel does it consume??

But the lack of the 4th cylinder is not felt at all and one would never come to know about it unless told. The same thing is with the fuel being used. You have to tell the person inquiring that it is a petrol engine and not a diesel one.

As far as non-ABS is concerned, I have never driven a car with ABS before. So I am not in a situation to comment on that. But my friend who owns a Tata Manza Aura drove my car and couldn't find any difference in the braking. The disk brakes are really very effective indeed.

The car cruises smoothly on the highway and you would've touched the triple digit mark much before you realize. Too good I must say.

I have gone for 3M Under-body Anti-Corrosion coating worth Rs.3000/- with a warranty of 5years. Did not go for Teflon coating as it did not seem worth to me.

I'll post complete details after I manage to take out some quality time.

PS- I met two known people who took my Polo for a short drive and after looking at the Trendline features said that they wished they had kept it as an option when they went to purchase Swift 1.2 Petrol.(Now that was a big complement)

Its not available yet but Our Local Dealer assured that It'll be available within Next 3-4 months(that's why I've written -'It'll cost...' in my previous post) at the Speculated price of 4.5-5k & can be opted thereafter.

Even It can also be opted at the End of Regular 2-years Warranty i.e: after 2-years of Purchase.

So' date=' all VW Polo Owners & Seekers don't get worried for now.

[/quote'] That's a good news.

I have heard about possible price increase of polo and also that those booked before 31st Dec. 2010 will be given price protection. I asked the dealer and he says that i will get the car with old price only. Please enlighten on this subject.

I have been having a great time with my German Girlfriend these days.

Happy to know that you are enjoying  your car. Waiting eagerly for pictures and your detailed experience of all new polo.
ashikawa2010-12-28 09:01:26