creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

Myself Manish , from mumbai , as most car enthusiast , i am also follower of ur episodes / articles from a long time . i humbly request u industry experts to go through this   e -mail and help in changing things going around, hope so this will change ur review for the company. like most of the confused customers which hatchback to buy , i referred to ur articles and finally decided to buy a VW POLO , i visited VW Downtown Mumbai showroom ,and asked sales executive how do u compare ur car against the competition , for which he replied , " Sir ur buying a German Technology : Volkswagen Standard " and i decided to be a proud owner of my 4th car POLO ,petrol comfortline variant, on 23rd nov , i booked my car with reference no .AL - 1671 and a booking amount of Rs . 82,657/ -. after a few days they asked me for booking accessories, for which they gave me a price list , of VW approved genuine car accessories , which had 4 kenwood music system and small door speakers mentioned , i replied i would not be interested in this system as i am used to hearing Pioneer music system , with 5 way speakers, past 10 years ,so now hearing small door speakers is no fun at all !!

After further insisting enquiry i got a Shocking reply that " if i dont get it fitted from the showroom , my car Warranty will lapse ", ( have U heard something like that from any other car manufacturer) , for which i asked for a demo but the showroom had no set-up, for which i said u have 5-6 polo comfortline deliveries why dont u show me one , and none of the car had a music system installed. so i visited local accessories market at milan subway , santacruz , where there were 8-10 polo owners getting their car equipped with various music system , speakers , woofers .... when i asked a few about this warranty lapse issue ... no one had a clue / information about this ( the shop owners replied we have fitted 100's of polo's with various electronic accessories ) ... which makes me sure there are 1000's of owners who have no idea that their Cars Warranty has Lapsed Already ! when i enquired about the specified kenwood models at this stores , who some are Authentic certified kenwood dealers , u get this same models at 50 % lesser price than that of the showroom,with proper bill n 1 year warranty , Shockingly there is a further 20%- 30% higher price difference between the VW mumbai dealers ( Prabhadevi - Santacruz - Thane ) as well for most of the same other Polo genuine accessories list as well , where Downtown Mumbai is charging the highest , dont understand when Accessories are pre- approved by company than why not the price for the same ? which made me think than what about the spare parts prices of the car ?

I visited the showroom again , and asked why is it so , for which the reply was this is our fixed price , its upon u to decide . i than asked for a price list of car spare parts, which hesitatedly he gave me after 10 - 20 mins , i was delighted to see such a low prices for spare parts , and said than the car is best in its class ! after 2 days i enquired in the showrooms workshop about the spare parts list , i was in a state of bigger shock to find out , i was highly Mislead n Cheated by the showroom , when came to know the prices in the price list provided to me n many other fellow car owners , is not even 30%- 40% of the actual spare parts prices !!!! for example clutch plate is quoted as rs. 2161 /- where as workshop authorized person tells me its minimum rs. 10,000 /- to rs. 12,000 / - ( labour charges extra ) . shock absorber - rs 2022 /- , front suspension rs 1690 / - ,.... etc etc !

Finally seeing the unprofessional things going around i decided on 1st dec, to cancel my booking and so informed my sales executive and e- mailed them as they said , for which they said it takes 4-5 days for cancellation. from 7th day after my repeated follow ups , the reply was it will take another 2 days, n so on ,Frustatedly i finally complained the Customer care department of the company with my refrence no CAL 3962 , for which their reply was " Sir ur complain will be dealt with higher priority level by our higher authority be rest assured on immediate basis , u will receive a call from us in next 24 hours " , now i kept follow up with them n finally got through their higher authority Mr. Altaf no 9004343279, whom i spoked to once , and than next 4 days he did not take my call nor did he called back . nor did anyone else from the company !! Finally got my cheque back on 23rd dec .

IF this is a kind of VW standards which deals with customer complaints at priority and higher authority level , with such a small customer base , still in their establishing stage, and i faced so much of problems and difficulty in just 1 month of just booking of the car , God help those car owners who will go through so much of problems with the car itself , the high prices of the spare parts and the untimely horrible unprofessional after sales service !!! U can check for urself things going around , correct me if i am wrong ! awaiting for your guidance ur reply , if you find this fit for printing kindly let me know when ... i am doing this for helping company to know whats going around , so that they may improve themselves if they want to be in a competition !!!!

Thanking You in advance ,

MANISH .

he replied ' date=' " Sir ur buying a German Technology : Volkswagen Standard "[/quote'] This is their standard quote.
After further insisting enquiry i got a Shocking reply that " if i dont get it fitted from the showroom ' date=' my car Warranty will lapse ", ( have U heard something like that from any other car manufacturer) ,[/quote'] I think this must be the policy of all carmakers.
( the shop owners replied we have fitted 100's of polo's with various electronic accessories ) ...
But we can not rely on their bill' date='because in case of difficulty we have to face that showroom guy only for any warranty issues.
this same models at 50 % lesser price than that of the showroom,with proper bill n 1 year warranty ,
This thing might be correct, dealers always charge more than the market price.
Shockingly there is a further 20%- 30% higher price difference between the VW mumbai dealers ( Prabhadevi - Santacruz - Thane ) as well for most of the same other Polo genuine accessories list as well ' date=' where Downtown Mumbai is charging the highest , which made me think than what about the spare parts prices of the car ? [/quote'] while booking my polo i have checked the accessories price on polo website, dealer price was a little more than that. They said the extra amount is labour charges.

i than asked for a price list of car spare parts' date=' which hesitatedly he gave me after 10 - 20 mins [/quote'] This matter is serious. need some investigation and should be informed to the company so that dealers should not mislead people.

i finally complained the Customer care department of the company with my refrence no CAL 3962 ' date=' for which their reply was " Sir ur complain will be dealt with higher priority [/quote'] This is true. I also experienced this neither they call back nor reply to emails.

U can check for urself things going around ' date=' correct me if i am wrong ! awaiting for your guidance ur reply ,[/quote'] Really a reason to worry, though i didn't faced this much issues like you. very sad to know about your bad experience. I think VW should provide a channel/ platform to customer , where they can get proper response to their queries.

Also VW should adopt transparent practice of disclosing its spare parts price on its website and should update it regularly. In addition there should be a online system to check the booking status of your car.

I think this must be the policy of all carmakers.

It is not. As long as wiring is done separately which the ICE guys generally know how to, you dont void your warranty. Otherwise who would ever go to the accessories shops. If no cutting of wires takes place, the warranty is not void.

If no cutting of wires takes place' date=' the warranty is not void.[/quote'] Then dealers must be using this tactic to increase their sales of accessories. This is the time when VW should come transparent by disclosing information to the customers about the actual terms of warranty on its website.

i repeat , this kind of policy is not followed by all car manufacturers , even the new Toyota etios has NO issue with which music system u wanna get fitted , dont get confuced by wire cutting , even if u install any  new electric accesory or replace any bulb or light or reverse horn, reverse sensors , anything ...outside the showroom UR VW CAR WARANTY WILL LAPSE .... anything fitted outside the showroom / workshop  smiley19.gif

@ Ashikawa thanks for all ur reply ..... but lets spread the word ( since company is not doing ) , n thus help innocent POLO car owners who are gonaa have a bad experience smiley19.gifsmiley19.gif

@ashikawa & cool msm;

Warrany of Each & every vehicle(2 & 4-wheeler) lapses with any Tinkering done to any of its Electrical or Mechanical part(both by fitting Security System, Extra lights which involve Wire cutting or even by fitting Over-sized Alloys)

These days Accessories Shopkeepers/Dealers are much more Smarter than Company Dealerships, especially to Run their Business.

They use Proper Couplers & dedicated wires for fitting various Accessories like Music systems, etc. But Under Proper Supervision, they can do 100% Warranty Safe work, as I've also fitted Sony Xplod Music System in my car 5 years back, while taking care of everything done at the Time of its fitting.

Dealers just Scare the Innocent customers to shell out that Extra Money & 40-50% of the total gets fooled by them.

But Our Local VW dealer says, Its Customer wish, either to go with the Accessories provided by them or Go them After-Market(but with Conditions applied as per stated above).

^^ well said Dr. Nishu. VW and all other company do this so that people don't come to them later saying there is something wrong with the car. All customers are not same and many people go cheap on acessories this is where problem starts. If you use good brand accessories you will not have any problems coz you wont need to cut the wires. Even you can fit a after market music system in BMW with no cutting.

Received a letter from VW today, actually its a miniature paper polo informing that your polo will be delivered soon( Letter has been printed on the back of this paper car). Has anybody else received the same thing. if yes, please inform, how much was the time gap between receiving this letter and actual date of delivery.

My First Damage

I somehow managed to damage the front bumper of my Polo on the 5th day of purchase(28th Dec). I misjudged a drain cover fitted in front of my house and over-steered in order to park, which is when the left front wheel of the car moved up on the drain cover(it is a concrete slab nearly 6in high) and the left portion of the bumper got damaged along with the black plastic sheet underneath with doubles up as a support for the radiator assembly and also the front wheel cover.

I discussed this matter with the service manager over the phone. He asked me to drive the car to the local Hyundai Service Center and meet the service manager there who was his friend and ask him to analyse the damage and make amends so that I could drive the car for 125km to VW Service Station.

I went to the Hyundai Service Center and had my damages checked. He told me that there were no mechanical damages and that just the plastic parts have to be replaced connecting the front bumper. He also got the temporary precautions on the same day. I was relieved that I went for 0% Depreciation Insurance from Bajaj Alliance. I will not have to shell out any money apart from the processing fee of Rs.500-Rs.600.

Yesterday I took my car to the VW Service Center. The service advisor said that the bumper and the plastic sheet in front has to be changed and will take nearly 6-7 days for the work to get finished as the bumpers they get from VW are black in colour same as Maruti 800 which have to be painted and the insurance documentations will take nearly a whole day. Hence the delay.

I was checking out the other cars(Jetta, Passat and a Toureg were there apart from a fleet of Polos) at the service station.

I inquired about some electrical accessories to which he said few things can be done and few things are not recommended due to Electrical Warranty.

Received a letter from VW today' date=' actually its a miniature paper polo informing that your polo will be delivered soon( Letter has been printed on the back of this paper car). Has anybody else received the same thing. if yes, please inform, how much was the time gap between receiving this letter and actual date of delivery.[/quote']

I have received such a thing nearly a week before delivery.

This indicates that your delivery is round the corner buddy smiley4.gif

Aapki Gaadi Slowly Aa Rahi Hai. Trailor has come, the whole movie is about to release in a short while

I was relieved that I went for 0% Depreciation Insurance from Bajaj Alliance. I will not have to shell out any money apart from the processing fee of Rs.500-Rs.600.
Sad to know about the damage. Is this insurance standard for all polo cars with other dealers also.
I inquired about some electrical accessories to which he said few things can be done and few things are not recommended due to Electrical Warranty.
Which accessories can be fitted outside.
I have received such a thing nearly a week before delivery.
Thanks for your quick response. Eagerly awaiting for my car with fingers crossed.

Electrical Accessory Fitting and Warranty

I feel that the headlamps(Philips H4) provided are pretty weak and do not inspire confidence while driving at night. I intend to replace it with Philips H4 X-treme Power worth approx. 1k. I inquired about this with the service advisor who clearly told me that I can have any fitting done in the car if that does not have anything to do with the wiring circuit. If the extra fitting requires to play with the wiring, then the warranty will be void. I am allowed to replace the headlamp bulbs but not the whole kit.

Mine is a TL having only one horn which I find sufficiently loud(CL has two). I asked whether I could have an additional horn fit like in CL, he said that it would not be possible as the wiring has to be changed and that would void the warranty.

After listening to this, I did not dare to ask him whether I could have foglamps fit.

(I will anyway ask him what if I get the complete wiring redone and have the accessories fit accordingly)

Since TL doesn't have ICE wiring done, I asked him about the chances of the wiring issues if done from the open market. He said that excessive precautions have to be taken in order to maintain the sanctum of the existing wiring. If tampered, the warranty will be void.

He gave me an example saying that there was a car which was fit with Pioneer System and had been brought for check up at the service station because the Engine Check Light kept on coming up constantly. On having checked the reason, they found that the wiring had been tampered very badly and that was the reason the ECU wasn't giving expected signals. It could be hazardous.

He showed me a 2DIN OEM ICE in the inventory manufactured by Kenwood. It was different than what the HL has. MP3, USB, Aux, BT, 4 door-speakers. All complete set a shy less than 21k including labour charges. I think it is a snatch away deal worth considering. This is because the wiring and stuff are going to be done by the service guys and will be under 100% warranty. And moreover, any 2DIN ICE with all these features are at least worth as much.abhpom4u2010-12-30 08:40:47

Electrica Accessory Fitting and Warranty

This is why i decided that i will get reverse parking sensor and music system get fitted from dealer only. Except this all other things like mud flap, car cover, floor mats, seat cover etc. can be brought after market. Though the prices of vw are not that high , only problem is their range is limited. ***EDIT*** For me Music System Kenwood Single AUX/USB with FR Spk 6R0 346 USB IND 11,418 + rear speakers 1290 will cost around 14k with labour charges will do the job, as i am not a big fan of music.( read- i avoid to listen to music during driving, as it disturbs me.)ashikawa2010-12-30 08:36:12

Is this insurance standard for all polo cars with other dealers also.
Which accessories can be fitted outside.

Insurance of a car depends on the policy that you opt for. It is not related to dealers, rather it is related to your car and the insurance policy.

Normally, the insurance cover of any automobile provide 100% damages for the metal parts, front and rear wind-shield glass and window glass. Whereas for the fiber, plastics and other glass covers and stuff(like lights, mirrors) have 50% insurance cover. In 50% insurance cover, 50% of the total cost of damage has be borne by the car owner.

This policy is generally practiced for small and medium range cars perhaps worth upto 15lac. Whereas, for more expensive cars, 100% insurance cover is also an option.

But Bajaj Allianz has come up with 100% insurance bumper to bumper cover for all VW cars. I have been told that VW has a tie-up with Bajaj Allianz in India and with Allianz in Europe and other parts of the globe.

My 100% insurance cover for Polo TL was worth Rs.19800/- whereas it was nearly 13k in ICICI Lombard and 12k in HDFC Ergo. The later two provided normal insurance in which the plastic and stuff coverage was only 50%.

I was saved as my damages were only in the fiber body parts and insurance was 100% covered.

So if you go for 100% insurance cover, wherever and whatever the damages maybe, if any, will be covered completely under insurance. You need to pay the processing fee of some mere amount of Rs.500/- to Rs.600/-.

At all the stages during my deal with VW, right from the test drive to the time when I took my car at the service station to get my damages repaired, the people did stick to only one thing regarding warranty.

They say, "Sir, you can have any amount of changes or additions done in/with the car provided that does not hamper/damage the car physically/electrically. If you can have ICE fit, foglamps added, rear view parking camera installed without any damages done to the original wiring, then VW will not raise any questions on the Warranty point."abhpom4u2010-12-30 08:49:53

But Bajaj Allianz has come up with 100% insurance bumper to bumper cover for all VW cars. I have been told that VW has a tie-up with Bajaj Allianz in India and with Allianz in Europe and other parts of the globe.

My 100% insurance cover for Polo TL was worth Rs.19800/-

Dealer told me at the time of booking that this insurance covers bumper to bumper and only thing you have to do is bring your car to the workshop. I will ask which insurance he is providing.

even if u install any ?new electric accesory or replace any bulb or light or reverse horn' date=' reverse sensors , anything ...outside the showroom UR VW CAR WARANTY WILL LAPSE .... anything fitted outside the showroom / workshop[/quote']

The dealer is manipulating the norms. I have dealt with Navjivan Motors, Surat. Had booked my car (Petrol TL) in September and got the delivery on 23rd Dec. Never did they say that stuff cannot be fit outside the showroom. In fact I asked whether I could change the headlight bulbs as they are not bright enough. They said that if it is only the bulbs, then there is no problem of having done. But warned me from tampering with the casing unit.

@ashikawa:

Bajaj Allianz is the only company providing bumper to bumper 100% insurance in small cars. I have no knowledge about the other insurance cover policy with other car manufacturers, but I have been told that VW has made a tie-up with Bajaj Allianz in India. I have also read elsewhere that VW has a tie-up with Allianz in Europe.

I suggest you to go for it though you'll be paying nearly 50% more premium. Had I gone for some other insurer to save 7k, then I'd have to bear nearly equal amount now as the damaged portion is only fiber part.

So, in my opinion, spend more now and repent less later.

Can someone find Philips H4 X-treme Power 55/60 Headlamps for Polo..?? The estimated price is around Rs.1000/-(should be a little less than that). I have searched extensively in my town Vapi(Gujarat), but none of the accessory shops have any idea about it. They all have the standard Philips H4 lamps which are already fit in VW Polo. The OEM lamps are pretty weak in intensity and high-beam seems to look like normal illumination.

than going for vw polo...it is better to go for new fabia of same company...it is much improved,less spare cost,improved service. vw polo takes some time to understand the indian market and customers...and they need to do the improvement..

I have test driven the Fabia. It has good advantage in terms of rear seat space. It is equally solidly built and worth the money. Frankly speaking, had I not booked the Polo, I would surely booked the Fabia as it costs nearly 10k less than the Polo.

if u have not taken delivery of polo, still you have time to cancel your booking. becoz its really amazing, when i drove this new fabia the difference i notice from new fabia and old r the reduced cc hence gives more FE,CRD engine less noice and more efficient,the pick up and response is very very nice,very comfortable seating in front and rear,good steering adjustment,a real power stearing,lot of boot space,good breaking good handling.also more importantly the service set up is widen now and good responsive and less spares cost.it just looks like a sedan and very very impressive and price wise, it is much cheaper than vw polo if you negotiate properly asking for corporate and dealer discounts. so still try to get in to new fabia its possible and last but not least good built and finish and good suspension too. i love this car

I have already taken the delivery of my Polo last week.

Fabia and Polo have many things in common. They both are manufactured in the same plant at Chakan, Pune. They both share the same engine and gearbox. Steering height and rake adjustment was always there alongwith seat height adjust.

The boot space and the rear legroom is really worth looking for. Boot is in fact the largest in the segment.

Though Skoda has trimmed down many things like electric mirrors, rear a/c vents, hydraulic power steering. But all in all, the overall package remains much the same.

The price reduction is basically because of sharing most components with the VW Polo and also localisation of nearly 40% components.

Fabia, I truely believe is Fabulous. Had it been priced near to what it is today, I would surely have booked it even though Polo was in the market.