creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

What does leatherite exactly mean..?? Is it kind of fabric which looks like leather but is made of some kind of regsine..??

Yeah it looks like leather but is not leather (Imitation of leather). Easy to mantain and animal friendly : ). Its really high quality stuff and will not wear out easy. It's durability is same as leather.

Yes, I have two tone(black & beige) leatherite seat covers fit in my car at the showroom during delivery itself. The seat covers are very comfortable, feel good and look custom made. I have been charged Rs.7500/-. But have not taken any photos of the interiors yet. Will take some pics after my car arrives back from the service station. Expecting it back by 3rd or 4th Jan.

That is exactly true sir.

But there are quite a few dealers out in the market who try to scare the customers by telling them what all horrific results they may expect if they get the fittings done from the open markets. If nothing is working for the dealers, they'd simply say that the warranty will be void in getting such after market stuff.

There should be some way to stop them monopolize their over priced and less luring stuffs.

thanks all for all ur views n comments , but i guess u all are only discussing the accesories part , as i told earlier too i have come across many polo owners who were not even been informed anything about warranty lapse issue by the showroom , which they will receive the shock later on ! secondly call up the company customer care , U will be informed ANYTHING WHATSSOEVER  electric u addionately fit outside the showroom / workshop ur WARRANTY IS VOID .... this is the no of their supervisor head u can speak too who replied me the same MR ALTAF  9004343279 .

MAINLY the spare parts UNDERPRICED price list provided to me by the showroom and their own workshop says a  ACTUAL prices has a shocking differnce .... call ur workshops to know more !!!

they took .... 20 DAYS to refund my cheque ... U can imagine the time they will take to repair ur car n deliver it U with the exorbitant bill !!!!

the spare parts UNDERPRICED price list provided to me by the showroom and their own workshop says a  ACTUAL prices has a shocking differnce .... call ur workshops to know more !!!

Can you please publish these two different lists from dealer and workshop so that we can compare them and move towards a fruitfull discussion. We can also compare with the ACI spare list comparison made available by a forum member on one of the threads.

It is obvious that the prices are going to be pretty high for the same product at the showroom accessory store as compared to any outlet in the open market.

The automobile companies superimpose their own car brand on the accessory(verbally though) and sell it at a higher price stating that the product is provided by the car company as an OEM. Whereas, if you go out in the market to get the same stuff, you may get it at a much lesser price.

This is nothing but marketing strategy. You purchase a 5lac rupees worth car and would not want anything wrong to happen to it. This is the general tendency. Car manufacturers are taking this sentiment as a loop hole to sell the products through their channels whereby the dealers will get substantial gain.

This practice is prevalent in most fields where you can find multiple products under one roof.

And if people still opt for an after market stuff manufactured by the same company who has provided the car manufacturer, the dealers will scare the people by saying that they'd be voiding the warranty by doing so.

But, at the end, the only important thing is that, you do not mess with the original stuff and the warranty remains intact no matter what all you fit or attach with the car.

I am unable to upload images through www.imageshack.us

Can anyone help me out please..??

Seen the image . Nice . have you got your mirror , door handles painted in body colour. What was the cost. ashikawa2010-12-31 10:10:35

Hey, I am not able to see the pic right in the forum. Have to copy the url and open it in a new tab. How to post so as to be viewed right in the forum..??

BTW, thanks for complementing the beauty.

The body coloured door handles and mirror casing cost me nearly 2.5k and the parcel tray was worth 1.2k.

Today I went to VW dealer in South Delhi .Saw the Polo after 11 months( 11 months ago during the  Auto Expo I saw the vehicle and had rare privilege of seeing it on first day of Auto Expo 2010)It felt more cramped than last time I sat during Auto expo.Quality of interiors was good ,but steering wheel looks horrible to hold -( read tiny and no grooves)

The boot was spacious but rear seat is cramped if six footers are sitting in front..The headroom is less.Quality is excellent

Did Test drive of Vento 1.6 petrol just to have an idea of Polo's 1.6 engine as Polo 1.6 was not available  ,engine was very vocal lacked the punchiness and responsiveness of K series.The engine  required more working lacking low and midrange grunt.

Waiting period for 1.6 polo is 2months . Price 7lacs on road.

Mr. Spock2010-12-31 12:02:40

Quality of interiors was good' date=' but steering wheel looks horrible to hold -( read tiny and no grooves)[/quote']

I had the same impression when I saw the steering wheel for the first time. This was after seeing and feeling the steering wheel of the Punto. But believe me, although it is light but unlike the feather lightness of the i20 steering wheel. It feels good while you drive and does give good feedback.

The boot was spacious but rear seat is cramped if six footers are sitting in front..The headroom is less.Quality is excellent.

The boot space is second only to the Fabia. But rear space is only as good as the swift. It is just that, the swift feels a bit cramped due to the all black interiors, whereas, Polo has an airy feel due to beige interiors and bigger rear window. It'll surely feel cramped for a 5'8" tall guy, if a 6 footer has occupied the front seat.

,engine was very vocal lacked the punchiness and responsiveness of K series.The engine? required more working lacking low and midrange grunt.

I have never driven the K-series engine cars. But a friend(swift G-series owner) who test drove my car commented that the Polo engine feels better than the K-series swift. I cannot comment anything on this front as I have not had any first hand experience.

It is true that the engine is pretty vocal and that crudeness is due to the lack of the 4th cylinder. Even I thought it was a diesel engine till I was corrected.

But I never found the lagging due to the absence of the 4th cylinder. 75bhp for 3-cylinders means 25bhp/cylinder. This statistic is better than all the 1.2 ltr engines available. But the power to weight ratio is on a bit lower side as the car is heavier than the Marutis.

Nevertheless, Polo does not disappoint except one is very specific about few criteria.

Please tell me how to post pics. I am unable to.

Its in forum rules

Images can be added to your posts, if the forum administrators have allowed uploading of images you can use this to upload an image from your own computer into your message. However, if image uploading is not available then you will need to link to the image that needs to be stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.mysite.com/my-picture.jpg.

When you create a new message click on image icon on top. you will see a pop up menu and paste url as shown in example above in Image Url field.

@abhi- I was refering to 1.6 Polo not 1.2 Polo.Anyways the following were my observations -

1. the steering wheels feels very light almost like an overassisted steering which detracts from sportiness in a 1.6 engine Polo.

2.I felt Polo being very cramped as compared to my swift due to its low height and also the fronts seat travels much more than Swift's front seat which gives a space equal to rear legroom  in A- star.The quality of interiors and the way the door shuts is impressive .The dashboard feels in your face and there is a feeling of Hemmed in.

3.The 1.6 engine feels very vocal and lacks low - midrange performance.the Swift K series is far better in this respect.I suspect that VW have skimped on sound deadening and the cast iron head  is what contributing for lack of low to midrange performance.One has to literally extract performance from this motor.

Lets say the Dilemma is whether to shell out few more for Honda City or go for 1.6 Polo?

the Dilemma is whether to shell out few more for Honda City or go for 1.6 Polo?

Both are a completely different segment man! Although I have not driven Polo 1.6, but I can safely vouch for City.

@drifty - I Know both belong to different segments but after driving both vehicles I am in a Dilemma as the price difference between them is just few lakhs

Polo - 7 lakhs

City - 8.8 - 9.5 lakhs( all prices on road Delhi and approx.)

@Spock -

Well, I guess you'd better think about Vento if you're comparing it with Honda City. That'll give you better comparable idea. You also have the Vento Diesel for hardly a lakh over the City. That makes a good deal, I feel.

And I agree with you on the 1.6 Polo Petrol Engine. I wish VW introduced the diesel 1.6. It would surely give a very tough competition to the i20.

Today I have received my Car Insurance Certificate.

To my surprise, amusement, dilemma the Motor Insurance Company is ICICI Lombard.

Surprise - Because it was ICICI Lombard and not Bajaj Allianz as I was told at the time of the booking.

Amused - Because there were no talks about which company would insure the car(I was under the impression of Bajaj Allianz)

Dilemma - Because the insurance company was changed without my knowledge.

Nevertheless, I have got the 0% depreciation policy. But I expected the showroom to inform me through which company is the car being insured when I went in for the final payment.

Today I have received my Car Insurance Certificate.

Surprise - Because it was ICICI Lombard and not Bajaj Allianz as I was told at the time of the booking.

Amused -

You need not care about it, you got it from the dealer and the convenience is that any trouble will be looked after by the dealer itself. Finally peace of mind and convenience is what matters.

Dear Abhi,

Did you test Polo 1.6 petrol or do you own it? Just want to hear more from people who have used Polo 1.6 petrol. Is there a website where I can read the car-test review?

@abhi- I was refering to 1.6 Polo not 1.2 Polo.Anyways the following were my observations -

1. the steering wheels feels very light almost like an overassisted steering which detracts from sportiness in a 1.6 engine Polo.

2.I felt Polo being very cramped as compared to my swift due to its low height and also the fronts seat travels much more than Swift's front seat which gives a space equal to rear legroom  in A- star.The quality of interiors and the way the door shuts is impressive .The dashboard feels in your face and there is a feeling of Hemmed in.

3.The 1.6 engine feels very vocal and lacks low - midrange performance.the Swift K series is far better in this respect.I suspect that VW have skimped on sound deadening and the cast iron head  is what contributing for lack of low to midrange performance.One has to literally extract performance from this motor.

Lets say the Dilemma is whether to shell out few more for Honda City or go for 1.6 Polo?

@Spock -

You also have the Vento Diesel for hardly a lakh over the City. That makes a good deal' date=' I feel.

.[/quote']

Umm no. Comparing the top models: The Vento Tdi highline is ALMOST the same price as Honda City VMT ( just a difference of 10K).   The Vento is priced very aggressively.

That makes the Vento diesel tremendous VFM. In the money of a petrol car you get diesel economy and far better build quality, ride, handling, noise insulation, fit, finish and stunning performance on the highways from the diesel.

Dear Abhi' date='Did you test Polo 1.6 petrol or do you own it? Just want to hear more from people who have used Polo 1.6 petrol. Is there a website where I can read the car-test review? [/quote']

Hey Avinash,

I own a 1.2 TL.

Unfortunately, I have never heard or read about 1.6 being offered for Test Drive.

You may get some idea about the engine by Test Driving a Vento, but both are two different cars and their dynamics may also differ to some extent since one is a Hatchback and the other one is a Sedan.

But for your reference, you can check out this link

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/86352-polo-1-6-hatchback.html

This should give you a fair idea as the review is by the owner himself.