creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

Unless its a TSi engine it will be hard for me to buy it over i20.

And bala, you are talking about reflection, have a look above the steering wheel. Also the interior of i10 is loved by many, it may be your personal opinion, but just because your ideology does not match with the designers, does not mean he is "brainless".

If the Polo is going to be pitted against the Swift, we cannot expect Fabia levels of plastic and interior quality. VW needs a modern sub 1.5 diesel for the Polo. The Fabia diesel is unrefined and under powered.

The interior reminds me of previous generation Japanese cars, but if its well put together and priced at Swift levels, it should do well.

is it worth the wait

Definitely YES

Because the old diesel PD engine cant be made BSIV, so they will come up with latest CRDI engine which will be refined and frugal( based on VW's expertise)

@Winner

Indian Tax benefit of 8% comes if

Petrol Engine max 1.2L

Diesel  max 1.5L, its not 1.4

Length max 4 metres

@bala

The ministry has recently said that the rules need to be looked at again and the definition ought to be revised. Also the small car benefit might go away, to be replaced by congestion tax in big cities, while cars will get excise benefits on the amount of CO2 they release. This move has been demanded since long by both toyota and Honda, the government has just now listened to them.

small car benefit might go away' date=' to be replaced by congestion tax in big cities, while cars will get excise benefits on the amount of CO2 they release. [/quote']

This can be towards a global move, but think of the car makers, who invested billions to develop small cars ( Indian Context )

What is the point for K-series, Kappa engines all under indian limits, also Tata's CS's engineering, Punto Back cut, Future Mahindra's sub 4M SUV, other car makers who do day night R&D to get this benefit.

I think our Industrialists won't let this happen

For a price of 4.35 i would say the car looks ok but nothign impressive. But judging it by how the interiors of a test car look would be wrong. Lets see what and how it turns out to be.

Good point. But to be frank we as buyers have forced VW to bring Polo with a competitive price ( Skoda fabia - low sales effect!) . The model which seems to be doing tests is base version 1.2 from Fabia and the smokey headlamps and those yummy taillights are altered! It looks plain jane to me atleast!! I love the Polo with smokey headlamps and wish the 1.2 TSI and TDI make it here!!

To be frank the base version Polo 1.2 P from Fabia will not have many takers IMO but i agree its too early but its just my jut feeling. Swift 1.2 K series ( when launched ) , i20 1.2  Magna would be better options till 5.5 lacs on road.

hi everyone.. When VW polo is going to be competing in a hot and tough competetive

segment in india where we've hot cakes like swift, i20 and recently

launched ritz.. and technologies like Kappa engine and K series at 5

lacs..

what's VW gonna do for making its product successful.. where they still lack in ASS network.. etc.,

what's VW gonna do for making its product successful.. where they still lack in ASS network.. etc.' date='

[/quote']

Agree with you with likes of i10, Swift and i20 VW would find it tough to sell a 1.2 petrol( obviously not the 1.2 TSI) . The diesel would surely sell like hot cakes. Coming to your question VW wants to price it agressively and for that localisation for Polo is around 50% compared to Fabia when launched was 15%( now it has been increased). Rumours doing the round 1.2 P - 4.35lacs and 1.2 TDI- 4.99 lacs ex show room

To be watched as pre-launch testing version,the interiors,the body fit & finishing levels seems to be very good as it seems they still have to go through the last round of finishing touches but as visible from the pics VW attention to detail is great. Its Expected 1.2 l diesel engine seems to be 3-cylinder version of the its internationally powering 1.6 litre 4-cylinder CRDi engine tweaked for refinement & frugality.(both aspects are well anticipated) Together making an well rounded package at promised tempting price.

Now just having my fingers crossed.

With the entry of VW Polo in India in 2010, while customers will have more choice, for the manufacturers, it is going to be the survival of the fittest, especially for the market/segment leaders.

POST EDITED: KINDLY REFRAIN FROM TYPING THE FULL POST IN A DIFFERENT COLOR. CYRUS432009-11-26 15:04:11