creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

i was smart enough to understand the things this VW people are gonna create and at the right time I CANCELLED my booking for the polo .... after all this things even i went through? and reading so many complaints and threads ........ wake up guys who have not taken the delivery yet ....... CANCELL UR POLO BOOKINGS ...... before its too late !!!! smiley36.gif

It is true that few dealers have some or the other kind of notorious attitude.

But it is a point to note that there are many Polo owners all over the country, how many of them may have gone through such treatment..?? I would say 'Very Less' or 'Hardly Any'.

What I mean to say is that, it is not necessary that things will be so wrong with everyone, that too from the dealers of such a reputed International Automobile Brand. There may be only a handful of cases of such disrespectful treatment which should be taken care of by VW and other manufacturers (if any).

@Mr.Spock:

Hey Siddharth, A.S.S. are not very much tried and tested for the German cars as they have not been preferred much. And also the cost of ownership seems to be more as most of the spares and components are still imported.

Taking the A.S.S. into consideration, I would suggest any Japanese or Korean car over any German or European car as the Asians have made a mark in A.S.S. satisfaction and low cost of ownership.

So, if it is a solid German car you are looking at, then Honda should not come in your mind. And if you are thinking of a German car, then think about VW. These are two different mindset things.

Either prefer a tried and tested one.

OR

Go for a contemporary one.

But I would still say that if you want to compare the Honda City then do it with VW Vento rather than Polo. That'll do a better justice.

P.S. - This is entirely my Point of View. Your criteria and choice may differ. Please do not feel offended)

@dr_nishu - first of all ' date=' regarding this 1.6 engine having cast iron bock with alloy head is based on information written by a person owning Polo 1.6 in another Indian Car  Forum which due to obvious reasons I don't want to quote as it may be against forum rules.Not many of Polo owners Know that that the intial batch of cars had Electro- Hydraulic power steering not EPS

[/quote']

But you've Written Cast Iron Head in your Previous post, man !

2ndly, Polo still comes with Electro-Hydraulic Power Assisted Steering Wheel in both 1.2 & 1.6 Petrol versions, while Polo 1.2 TDi diesel comes with Electronic Power Steering Assistance Only & the latter One is better of these three in terms of Feel, Feedback & isn't as light as that of Petrol Polos, as I've experienced yet after driving both Petrol & Diesel Polos.

(Source: VW Polo Latest company brochure)

secondly on the issue of Engine Noise its way too noisy even for a German car and that too in gear transitions and the note is not racy but more like a Diesel Tractor and it is not 1.2 but 1.6.I have seen many German cars in Delhi - they are pretty silent comparable  to Japanese

I've confirmed this on Vento Petrol two times & its not as Loud or Crude as you've quoted.

P.S: If you've read engine details regarding its construction at another forum' date=' then why you've left reading this latter discussed details.

For even more details, Read ACI magzine's latest Jan2011 Issue, in which they've compared both 1.6 New Skoda Fabia & VW Polo.

I know the difference between silky smooth and racy tone frankly this engine doesn't have it ,Maybe another test drive will rest the issue

Its the Best & most Sensible Conclusion of all this above discussion.

lastly on the issue of whether to go for Polo 1.6 or Honda City-
You have not brought into equation ASS ' date=' Honda Brand , and other finer points.Just jumping into conclusion based on certain features doesn't sound reasonable.

[/quote']

I'd rate VW brand better over Honda interms of providing Quality features & Products at Sensible & Afforadable prices, not at the prices of the Next segment like Hondas, who charge Hefty Premium for small features added into their already Over-Priced cars.

Cost of their Accessories is also much higher, as Small Fog lamps for ANHC costs 15k, Chrome Grille costs 15k, etc etc.

2ndly, Service of VW is also not that much on the higher side, as Service costs for Petrol Polo @15000kms cost ~Rs.3500 only &

for Polo TDi diesel its ~Rs.5200 only as compared to Honda, which needs Oil change at every 5000kms due to their High-revving engines. 

VW Dealerships, Service Centres & Customer Care are one of the best I've experienced yet. Honda guys are simply Over-Confident about their products & always show the Demos or Products to those, who come at their Showroom in Pricey cars or to Hi-Gently Strata of the Society.

They've to learn from Toyota or VW for How to deal with Mass market & every Showroom Visitor.

One of the best Showroom attendants & SE, I've seen are of Maruti Suzuki, VW, Toyota, GM & Tata.

Rest all other Hyundai, Fiat(when Fiat was alone), Honda & Skoda ones are somehow Marred by above explained Over-Confidence or Illiteracy Syndrome. 

(No Particular Offense Meant to Honda or other brands' employees, Owners & Seekers in the above discussion, as all above quoted is just a matter of Discussion).

But you've Written Cast Iron Head in your Previous post' date=' man !..
[/quote']

Thats typo error - I meant cast iron Block not head.

secondly, read and learn nishu - All Polos have EPS link- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-drives-initial-ownership-reports/88327-my-reflex-silver-vw-polo-1-6-a-5.html

Only the early batches of Polo had servotronic steering wheel.And new brochure  mention only power steering not EPS or electric -hydraulic for petrol models.

P.S: If you've read engine details regarding its construction at another forum' date=' then why you've left reading this latter discussed details.

[/quote']

I can't understand what the damn thing Your saying!

I have read the comparison in ACI issue but it does not give a correct impression about vehicles-

I'd rate VW brand better over Honda interms of providing Quality features & Products at Sensible & Afforadable prices' date=' not at the prices of the Next segment like Hondas, who charge Hefty Premium for small features added into their already Over-Priced cars.

Cost of their Accessories is also much higher, as Small Fog lamps for ANHC costs 15k, Chrome Grille costs 15k, etc etc.

2ndly, Service of VW is also not that much on the higher side, as Service costs for Petrol Polo @15000kms cost ~Rs.3500 only &

for Polo TDi diesel its ~Rs.5200 only as compared to Honda, which needs Oil change at every 5000kms due to their High-revving engines. 

VW Dealerships, Service Centres & Customer Care are one of the best I've experienced yet. Honda guys are simply Over-Confident about their products & always show the Demos or Products to those, who come at their Showroom in Pricey cars or to Hi-Gently Strata of the Society.

They've to learn from Toyota or VW for How to deal with Mass market & every Showroom Visitor.

One of the best Showroom attendants & SE, I've seen are of Maruti Suzuki, VW, Toyota, GM & Tata.

Rest all other Hyundai, Fiat(when Fiat was alone), Honda & Skoda ones are somehow Marred by above explained Over-Confidence or Illiteracy Syndrome. 

(No Particular Offense Meant to Honda or other brands' employees, Owners & Seekers in the above discussion, as all above quoted is just a matter of Discussion).

[/quote']

Completely disagree with you on that issue as  many owners of Polo have complained about high cost of repairs , unforeseen early expenditure and problems in terms high oil consumption even in petrol models , failure of engine heads early on in the life , lack of knowledgeable SA, arrogant salesperson.

For that matter even MSIL is the same issue - I rate MSIL poorly their SE are over confident They Know that without any effort their cars will sell which is factually correct.

I had so much problems with my swift that I have changed 3 ASS,There are many people who are dissatisfied MASS.Read  consumer complaints forum

Nishu you may have good experience but many of us have different experiences so please don't generalize your view.

Also German cars have poor reliability issue in India and Honda is expensive and sales courtesy has deteriorated but the reason behind it that more common people are buying their cars thats the reason for experience that some us get.

Also note that dealerships and A.S.S are owned by rich Industrialist as they have the money and naturally this is their side business so why should they care about the quality and car company  does not care as not many people have the money to set up dealership and A.S.S

What ruins a good company in India  is its lack of trained ASS which , as the Indian management cut corners in order to save cost so that they can pocket them - Read Dissatisfied customers.

Paika your views in your post very offensive and biased towards Polo - which I regret to say lacks a clear objective

Mr. Spock2011-01-06 07:54:02

Only the early batches of Polo had servotronic steering wheel.And new brochure  mention only power steering not EPS or electric -hydraulic for petrol models.
Kindly check the brochure(Page no. 34) available on VW website it clearly says

Electric hydrolic power assist for 1.2/1.6 Petrol and Electronic Power Steering for 1.2 Diesel.

Even I have read that Polo used to have Servotronic Steering in the 1st batch of Petrol Engined cars only, which later on was converted to Electric Power Steering when the Diesel Engine was launched.

I have not gone through the Owner's Manual yet. I can confirm about it only after I get my car back from the Service Station as the Owner's Manual is still kept in the Glove Box.

@ashikawa - Its an old brochure they haven't updated it.I have given links in my post do check out- It will clear your doubts!

I found 1N3 Speed-related variable steering assist(Servotronic) on a 17.07.2010 production petrol car. Can you please clear from which batch this change happened.By the way seen the thread also.

@ashikawa - I don't have any clue on when the change occurred.I just came to know from another forum on this change from servotronic to EPS.There are some pics to prove absence of servotronic in Polo 1.6 atleast.( I have given links to it in previous posts)

The best solution is to decode VIN - as it will give full information about the vehicle -Wildon might help in this regard

regards

Spock

@ashikawa

these business awards look to be ok. but i had a biggest doubt like the bike of the year is CB twister which really surprises me. it would have been suzuki slingshot according to me in various aspects. what do you think of

Hello Friends ... Please help !!! i and 3 of my friends had booked POLO comfortline petrol ... ( 4 polo's in all ) 1 month back . my uncle owns a polo last 3-4 months , and he is totally pissed off by the experience he is having with the car ( problem with the engine so early own ) and the Pathethic after sales service , on his suggestion and many more posts and threads and complaints we read , we decided to cancell all our 4 bookings ! but now the dealer is giving lots of excuse , saying one of a kind experience ? he is offering us Free insurance and Free accessories even delivery within 15 - 20 days ! what should we do ???

Hello Friends ... Please help !!! i and 3 of my friends had booked POLO comfortline petrol ... ( 4 polo's in all ) 1 month back . my uncle owns a polo last 3-4 months ' date=' and he is totally pissed off by the experience he is having with the car ( problem with the engine so early own )  [/quote'] Can you please explain what particular problem he is facing with the engine and  whether problem has been removed or not as the vehicle is still under warranty.
Pathethic after sales service ' date=' on his suggestion and many more posts and threads and complaints we read ,[/quote'] What is your own experience of service? 
we decided to cancell all our 4 bookings ! but now the dealer is giving lots of excuse ' date=' saying one of a kind experience ? he is offering us Free insurance and Free accessories even delivery within 15 - 20 days ! what should we do ??? [/quote'] Instead i feel that you should take advantage of this opportunity.

@sakshi:

Free insurance and Free accessories is a steal I must say as VW doesn't give anything as a supplementary.

As far as After Sales Service is concerned, what exactly are you referring to..?? Is it the matter with the Dealership or with the Service Station..?? And moreover which city are you referring to..??

There maybe some issues with the Diesel Engine as faced by some people, but as far as Petrol Engines go, I have never heard or read of any issues as such.

sakshi@ no doubt VW is a good brand and polo is good car all together,but unfortunately since this is new to india and it looks to me when my friends complain about the service, i seriously feel that the VW India dealers are their technicians are not geared up to do proper service and ofcourse the you have less network at the moment with less exposure to indian conditions. even this was the case with skoda some time back but now it is very much improved and service outlets are more and the service is also pretty good i mean parts cost and service cost has come down and there is a constant effort to give customer a feeling that they can own skoda cars at a very competitive price and service is no more a hassle for them. so according to me it takes little bit time a year or two for VW polo dealers to geared up for the situation and handling the things properly. there are two options for you now 1) either stick to the decision of buying polo as everybody wont get same kind of problems with any car manufacturers, so you can take all the advantage given by the dealers and stay connected to VW polo and hoping there wont be any such problems of service 2) just dont listen to the dealers and cancel your bookings and try with new skoda fabia...i feel its much much better in A.S.S. since both are from same platform and company skoda got little advantage in terms of space of car and same german built and with competitive pricing and better service. If you do not want to break head on all this, then cancel and go for maruti ritz which is very reliable car in all terms with very competitive pricing and there is no need to discuss about their service back up...a tension free car

@abhpom4u

is your car back from service?

No man. My car is still lying in the hospital for the treatment.

On Saturday I had registered a complaint with the VW Customer Care regarding the lethargic attitude of the creatures ruling the dealership. It is only after this that they've thought of making the RTO payments done.

Monday morning I received a call from the Customer Care Cell of the Dealership pertaining to the Complaint Registered. I told the lady who had called me, all the details right from the delivery to the damage to the situation till date. She said she'd have a word with the concerned authorities at the dealership and call me back, which she did. This is when I came to know that the procedures had not been initiated.

Had I known about this way of working, I would've registered a complaint at the VW Customer Care long back. My car would've been registered by now.

This is really very worrisome for unfortunate customers like me and will also be a bad impact on VW.abhpom4u2011-01-11 17:33:00

hey guys thanks all for ur suggestions ,we have decided to CANCEL ALL our 4 POLO bookings, what should be the cancellation amount , n how long will it take for repayment , has anyone else cancelled their POLO ! can anyone let us know what would be the price range of fiesta hatch and booking / delivery time ... i also heard about new swift 2011 coming , what would be delivery for that .

@sakshi:

Regarding cancellation of Polo, the terms and conditions are expected to be mentioned on the quotation. In my quotation it was mentioned that 10% of the booking amount would be charged. This may vary from dealer to dealer. Please contact your dealer for further details.

The Fiesta Hatch is not expected to be on roads till July 2011 at least. And the cost may be in the range of the current Fiesta Sedan. I suppose the new one is going to replace the existing one though I am not sure about this.

You may expect the new Swift by early FY 2011-12.abhpom4u2011-01-12 17:27:16

Sakshi@ i think you have taken a good decision by cancelling the booking. i think it is 10% amount will be reduced. fiesta hatch will take time may be end of the year or later. new swift too on the same time. y dont you check the new skoda fabia, its really good. i have driven the new one and its really awesome. also honda brio is getting launched by april, you can check that too.

@ SAKSHI Congrats on ur good decision , U hv saved urself from lots of harassment and tons of money , i was been charged rs 2500 for the cancellation of polo , and was asured payment in 4-5 days , which eventually after a lot of follow ups showroom took 22 days for the repayment ... !!!

as per different car portals and mag n threads Fiesta hatch and Swift 2011 both are expected to start booking by march ... Fiesta hatch looks good !!!

@sakshi:

You may take a look at the Skoda Fabia. Had Skoda come up with the new model about a month priorly, I may have not booked the Polo and gone for the Fabia instead.

Fabia has got both good quality and interior space too.

Though Skoda has had a very bad reputation in After Sales Service and exorbitant spare prices, the prices have come down due to 40% localization and hence better availability. And now since it is price more competitively, they will not take any chances in After Sales Service as the competition has gone up many folds since its launch.

Weird things going around in VW showroom , we went today to cancel our 4 POLO'S ,there were another 3 people to cancel , ( 7 polo's ) the sales executive tried to convince all 7 of us by giving free insurance and accessories worth rs 10000 and delivery 10 - 12 days ( earlier we were told feb end ), we said we wanna cancel anyhow , for which he said rs 10,000 cancellation amount !! than we went bit aggressive so he settled for rs 5,000 and said it will take 10 days !! New walk in customers are been said delivery 3-4 months no free accessories ... gosh what are this people upto ??????

@sakshi:

VW giving free accessories..?? I am really surprised.

I have read somewhere(unable to recall whether it was a print media or online data) that VW receives nearly 1200 new bookings for Polo every month against 70 cancellations. So they are not so keen to retain the customers and also do not pay much heed to the customers' queries. But in your case, the situation is the other way round.

But I feel that if you're getting accessories worth 15k(approx. price of the accessories which include Mud Flaps, Floor Mats, Car Cover, Seat Cover and Teflon Coating) free of cost and delivery within 10-12 days, then this is an icing on the cake. If you and your friends have booked a petrol model then I do not find any reason to be worried about the product. The diesel engine relate to most issues which I have read on online forums. Never heard any complaint or anything negative about the petrol engine.abhpom4u2011-01-13 18:45:59