creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

Suggetions required

i have sorted two options for my new car.

1.vw polo TL petrol- 5.10 Lac on road - seems a good car, has no features except fr. power window, power steering, no idea of service backup though very good built quality and interiors, 2 year warranty, dealer seem to be arogant and take or go attitude.No free service. I have heard that a single wheel cover costs or a logo cost around 1700

2. beat LT Option pack - 5.36 lac on road- good looks, has all features, abs, airbags, alloys, music system, spacious inside , boot is smaller compare to polo, bigger service network, 3 year warranty. an alloy wheel costs 4500

My requirement:

1. mostly city uses

2. space available in beat is sufficient

3. want a trouble free after sales

4. cost effective

5. Dont want a i10/20/swift/ritz etc.

Is maintainance cost of polo will be very high. how much it will cost for service of polo. only 2 year warranty and i have heard about scary bills for accident repair etc.. However the car has a character and makes its presense feel on the road. Out of these two which i should go for. Please suggest.

@crackers

looking at your requirements, polo is ruled out

you can try the following

1.skoda fabia classic model - 5.13L onroad. the new skoda fabia is very spacious and parts cost has come down by 40% since locally manufacured,good built quality,good service back up,good mileage 15kmpl city

2.Wagon R new VXI - 4.8L onroad,good spacious car,good for city driving,no need to mention about service back of maruti,good mileage 17kmpl city conditions

@crackers:

You may also look at Ford Figo Tdci. You'll get the Titanium variant on-road for less than 5.5L. Though it does not have Alloy wheels and Rear Power Window is missing, but it still is a spacious(more space then Beat and has a spacious boot too) and reliable car with lower cost of spares as compared to VW Group and also the Diesel advantage(known for nearly Zero-Turbolag).

Has anybody got a spare parts price list of vw polo petrol. If yes please share.

I feel its still a unknown territory for us. I shot a mail to

vw for it. but no positive reply till date.

I have heard that a single wheel cover costs or a logo cost around 1700.
Is it true, then what about the price of other spares. ashikawa2011-01-14 16:11:53

I have heard that a single wheel cover costs or a logo cost around 1700.
Is it true' date=' then what about the price of other spares. [/quote']

Yes, it is true that the price of the VW logo is Rs.1600/- or more.

Also, the price of the alloy wheels were around 60k when I had inquired back in September, though I've heard that the prices are to come down to nearly 25k. But am not sure when it is going to be applicable from.

The cost of the front bumper is Rs.8500/-. The rear one is more expensive.

All in all, the price of the parts are lot more expensive if compared to any Japanese or Korean hatchback car.

Hello all,

I would appreciate if Polo owners (1.2 Petrol) could share your driving experience which will help me decide on the purchase. I have test drive VW Polo 1.2 petrol.

1) I have heard few people say that Polo is good to drive in the city and not highways. could you tell me what aspect of the car is not good to drive on the highways? Is it something to do with speed, acceleration and stability? bcox its a 3-cylinder engine? Can i expect the car to underperform if I drive 4 adults on the highway?

2) This may sound silly, How is the car compared with a santro xing? I have driven a lot of Santro both in the city and highway, so this comparison would help me understand easily. The latest I remember was driving 5 adults including me for 200Km at a stretch and I was pretty satisfied with what the car (santro) did. It was comfortable as I was driving constantly at 100Kmph, the acceleration was good (quick). Can we compare the polo 1.2 petrol with this.

3) Please write you true experience with the milleage. I live in Bangalore and I would like to use this data only as a reference. Wondering if the car really gives the promised milleage.

Many Thanks for yor time
Avinash

The cost of the front bumper is Rs.8500/-. The rear one is more expensive.

All in all' date=' the price of the parts are lot more expensive if compared to any Japanese or Korean hatchback car.[/quote'] That means there is a big difference between a comparative list of spares of premium cars posted on one of the threads and the actual price.this list quotes front bumper 2379, My god don't you think dealers are providing wrong information to sell car.

Topic: Fiat Punto or Volkswagen Polo Attached below is the picture showing the Actual prices of Most frequently needed Spare parts of all the Premium Hatchbacks' date=' as published in ACI-July2010 edition.[/quote'] So whatever price is given in this list is only 1/4th or 1/5th of the actual price.

I found this estimate of a minor accident on another forum:

Front RHS fender- Rs.4000

Headlight RHS- Rs.4500

Show Grill- Rs.3000

Tailight LHS- Rs.2000

Rear Bumper- Rs.5500

Front plastic panel that will support headlights and grill- Rs.9500

Paint work:

Front Bumper- Rs.3960

Front RHS fender- Rs.3330

Front Right door- Rs.3825

Rear Bumper- Rs.3960

Bonnet- Rs.4360

3M Polish for even finish of paint- Rs.2800

POLO mint with a hole .... VW POLO hole in ur purse ; )))

Nowadays see many POLO with no VW logo ..... so tried to find out how much does it cost to the owners .... and it is a whopping Rs 1600 / - , Gosh how much they will charge for the other spare parts then !!!!

POLO mint with a hole .... VW POLO hole in ur purse ; ))) Nowadays see many POLO with no VW logo ..... so tried to find out how much does it cost to the owners .... and it is a whopping Rs 1600 / - ' date=' Gosh how much they will charge for the other spare parts then !!!![/quote'] Anybody owns a VW knows that will be a little costly to maintain compare to japaneese/ korean counterparts. But the difference in quality can be easily seen. What we hope that in a year or two, localisation % will increase and prices of spares will come down atleast to the level of i20 etc. I understand your feelings after you had a bad experience with the dealer. But what i feel is everybodies experience here is not same and there are people who are extremely happy with the product and aftersales too.

The cost of the front bumper is Rs.8500/-....
That means there is a big difference between a comparative list of spares of premium cars posted on one of the threads and the actual price.this list quotes front bumper 2379' date='

My god don't you think dealers are providing wrong information to sell car.

Topic: Fiat Punto or Volkswagen Polo Attached below is the picture showing the Actual prices of Most frequently needed Spare parts of all the Premium Hatchbacks, as published in ACI-July2010 edition.
So whatever price is given in this list is only 1/4th or 1/5th of the actual price.

Might not be exactly true !

Reality seems, Rs.2379 seems to be the price of Basic Plastic structure of Front bumper.

While Its Central lower Air-Dam portion, Fog Lamp Recesses, Painting & other Tit-bits needed to Install it, may push its Overall costs to above quoted Rs.8500 level. 

& Similar Repairs for Maruti Suzuki Swift/Ritz or Hyundai i20 also costs at nearby level. 

Front RHS fender- Rs.4000; Headlight RHS- Rs.4500; Show Grill- Rs.3000; Tailight LHS- Rs.2000; Rear Bumper- Rs.5500; Front plastic panel that will support headlights and grill- Rs.9500

Paint work:
Front Bumper- Rs.3960; Front RHS fender- Rs.3330; Front Right door- Rs.3825; Rear Bumper- Rs.3960; Bonnet- Rs.4360; 3M Polish for even finish of paint- Rs.2800

Rest Spare parts costs for these MS or Hyundai parts are also nearby, with Swift or Ritz headlight costing also around 3k.

What If the VW costs l'll bit more, you're getting Truly Class-leading & Premium Quality Finishing levels/products also.

As,'The Best things in the World always comes with a Price'. smiley1.gif

I agree with nishu. The prices quoted in ACI or dealerships are really of just plastic part only , painting labour costs are extra.

Take my A - star for instance the rear bumper was replaced for 4000/- The cost Bumper was around Rs 1200/- painting of bumper cost Rs 2000 approx and labour costing Rs 600 total bill in tune of Rs 4000/-( all inclusive).

I think the prices quoted for VW POLO  is competitive and are not too far from market leader Maruti' swift(For comparison only).

VW is the only Manufacturer which gives paint and anti rust warranty which apart from standard warranty.

Suggetions required

i have sorted two options for my new car.

1.vw polo TL petrol- 5.10 Lac on road

2. beat LT Option pack-

My requirement:

1. mostly city uses

2. space available in beat is sufficient

3. want a trouble free after sales

4. cost effective

5. Dont want a i10/20/swift/ritz etc.

For City Driving Polo is equally Good car' date=' but If are Interested in features list & Gadgetry then Beat is also a Good deal & will definitely provide VFM with its;

-Initial Lower price.

-Long Equipments list. 

-3-Years Free Maintenance Plan &

-with other Promotional Discounts.

Another better option being Wagon-R VXi with ABS & Airbags.

Its also the most Comfortable(for 4 people), Frugal & Easy to Manouverable car meant for the City driving, which is also capable of doing Highways drives with ease. You'll also get Power Mirrors, Quality Music System, Airbags, ABS & other Tit-bits with at very Tempting price.

Whereas Figo petrol is slightly lower in Seating & not so Fuel efficient as needed in the City conditions.

Is maintainance cost of polo will be very high. how much it will cost for service of polo. only 2 year warranty and i have heard about scary bills for accident repair etc.. However the car has a character and makes its presense feel on the road. Out of these two which i should go for. Please suggest.

Even If you don't buy Polo, but please clear your Doubts about it..

For Polo Petrol, Its around Rs.3500-4000 for its 1st Service & gets l'll bit more as she needs essential Components/Parts replacement at each Consecutive Services.

VW also offers 2+2 year Warranty Programme for Rs.4-4.5k Extra, but this Extended Warranty is yet to Arrive at Dealer end, but will be available soon.

dr_nishu2011-01-19 16:08:37

1.skoda fabia classic model - 5.13L onroad. the new skoda fabia is very spacious and parts cost has come down by 40% since locally manufacured' date='good built quality,good service back up,good mileage 15kmpl city

[/quote']

Good service back up?? You're joking aren't you!?

Skoda has the worst reputation in terms of after sales. I've read about several horror cases on India's largest Auto Forum. The the ACI mag itself listed aftersales as a -ve pt. in some road tests.

PS: I'm a die-hard fan of Skodas, BTW, and was on the verge of buying a Fabia TDi, but backed out in the last minute solely because of the AfSS.   smiley19.gifsmiley18.gif

What If the VW costs l'll bit more' date=' you're getting Truly Class-leading & Premium Quality Finishing levels/products also.[/quote'] Agree, eagerly waiting for delivery of my car.***EDIT*** I booked car in 1st week of october, delivery was assured in Jan 3rd week, still waiting for it.

For Polo Petrol' date=' Its around Rs.3500-4000 for its 1st Service & gets l'll bit more as she needs essential Components/Parts replacement at each Consecutive Services.[/quote'] Good information, it seems reasonable.
VW also offers 2+2 year Warranty Programme for Rs.4-4.5k Extra' date=' but this Extended Warranty is yet to Arrive at Dealer end, but will be available soon.[/quote'] Do update as soon as you get any confirmation. My dealer says it will be made available soon, but he is not sure when .

ashikawa2011-01-19 16:11:52

1) I have heard few people say that Polo is good to drive in the city and not highways. could you tell me what aspect of the car is not good to drive on the highways? Is it something to do with speed' date=' acceleration and stability? bcox its a 3-cylinder engine? Can i expect the car to underperform if I drive 4 adults on the highway? [/quote']

Except to that of NVH(Noise-Vibration-Harshness) levels, Number of cylinders hardly makes any difference, if they're generating the same Power & Torque figures. (Recently in Italy Fiat have launched their 500 hatchback with Hi-tech & World-Class 1.2l, 2-cylinder Twin-Air engine, Even BMW is also coming with High-Capacity 3-cylinder engines in its Next generation of 3-Series cars).

Polo petrol's 75PS engine is Powerful enough to propel 4-5 Adults alongwith their luggage on Highways at Triple-digit speeds with ease. 

2) This may sound silly' date=' How is the car compared with a santro xing?

[/quote']

'Class & Quality' are the two main things which you can associate with German cars & VW Polo leaves No stone unturned to justify that fact.

It feels much larger & better bulit than Maruti Suzuki & Hyundais.

Interior Plastics, Solid Build quality & Calibrated Mechanicals are its main Forte.

3) Please write you true experience with the milleage. I live in Bangalore and I would like to use this data only as a reference. Wondering if the car really gives the promised milleage.

Yes, It delivers nearly Promised mileage, as;

In City 12-14kmpl,

& 15-17kmpl for Highways.
dr_nishu2011-01-19 16:42:55

guys we  are going off topic!smiley2.gif

smiley2.gif

VW Polo - some questions which require attention.

1. Why does Polo have no free service?

2.Why is service interval so long? Due You think 15000kms is ideal to replace all consumables in our conditions?

3.What are the problem areas do VW Polo owners foresee

4.Use of Flatbed Trucks to transport VW vehicles in case of problems  - what Your take?

5. Rocking of Driver's seat - Owner's take

1. Why does Polo have no free service?

I have never used any car earlier before purchasing the Polo in December. As per the dealer' date=' 1st Service at 1k km, 2nd Service at 5k km and 3rd Service at 10k km will round of to almost equal cost of consumables as much as the Only Service at 15k km would give. Hence, no concept of free service.

But my take is that, since Polo has received such as HOT RESPONSE from the Indian Consumers that they have decided to maintain a snob value owing to the VW Badge.

2.Why is service interval so long? Due You think 15000kms is ideal to replace all consumables in our conditions?

Generally Engine Oil change is done in a service and the Brake Oil and Coolant will be changed or topped up as per the requirement. But what they really mean to say is that, they are so confident about the product that they claim that the product will not have any problem in a year or 15k km. Their product is that reliable.

I think VW is being over-optimistic in case of the Tdi Engine as there have been problems in the Engine as mentioned by members in Team-bhp.

3.What are the problem areas do VW Polo owners foresee

Warranty being going void in case any change is done to customize the car beyond certain point will be the major problem.

Many have gone for these changes after-market. Can't imagine how will they react when one fine day they're told that their warranty lasts no longer and especially when they require the warranty badly.

4.Use of Flatbed Trucks to transport VW vehicles in case of problems? - what Your take?

All the Premium Cars are carried away on Flatbed Trucks in case of immobility of the vehicle.

Hence' date=' Polo is a Premium Car and the owner should be proud to have owned one.

5. Rocking of Driver's seat - Owner's take

This is the problem in the Height Adjustable Seats offered on CL and HL variants. My TL does not come with this feature. So will not be able to comment.

But as per some member of Team-bhp, the problem got resolved after tightening the screws under the seat.

@Crackers,

I would suggest you to wait for few months and go for Beat MJD.

It would cost slightly over the existing Beat( as the engine is small and no need to pay loyalty) but would save you Huge Fuel bills as it should return anything around 20kmpl.

Hi Dr. Nishu,

Thank you for your response.

How much mileage can we expect from Polo 1.6 petrol? I have to choose between 1.2 petrol or 1.6 petrol. I should also be careful about the operating cost as petrol is not getting any cheaper.

QUOTE=dr_nishu]

Yes' date=' It delivers nearly Promised mileage, as;

In City 12-14kmpl,

& 15-17kmpl for Highways.
[/quote']

Anybody from mumbai can please confirm what is the status of delivery of polo booked in september and october 2010.Myself booked on october 09, 2010 and still waiting. Have got no info. on delivery status till date.

Vw Polo - some more questions

1.Have any Polo members faced any problems with plastics in the car especially door mirrors?

2.Does driving the car over samll ponds which develop during rains posed a challenge due to low stance of car?

3. Does the bonnet become very hot due to which Paint is affected -  has any members come across such problems

4.Do you have problems of ingress and egress in Polo due to its low stance?

5.Should  potential buyers wait for addition features being added to Top End variants or should go ahead and book Polo now

6.Owners whats your take on other cars in this segment.

How much mileage can we expect from Polo 1.6 petrol? I have to choose between 1.2 petrol or 1.6 petrol. I should also be careful about the operating cost as petrol is not getting any cheaper.

VW is displaying/Quoting 17kmpl FE figure for its Polo 1.2 Petrol, which is also certified by ARAI & it really delivers nearly so in Real life.

Similarly, VW is displaying/Quoting around 15kmpl as ARAI figures for 1.6 Polo, so expect its FE to be around 10-12kmpl for City & 13-15kmpl for City conditions.

However l'll bit(1-2kmpl) more can also be expected from it when driven with Light Right Foot on long jorneys & Its engine's strong Mid-Range will also aid it further.

Best way to confirm this is Ask the Fuel efficiency of Vento 1.6 Petrol from its Owners, as it's also powered by the same engine & Just Add 1-2kmpl in its FE figures for Polo 1.6 figures, as the latter is benefitted by relatively Lighter Kerb weight.

The new VW India site rocks..
But they removed the price list of accessories, which was earlier there in configure your polo caption. With this price list only i came to know the real price and the fitting charges applied by the dealer.