creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

But they removed the price list of accessories' date=' which was earlier there in configure your polo caption. With this price list only i came to know the real price and the fitting charges applied by the dealer.[/quote']

Yes, that's what I was searching for the last 10min but unable to get the Configure option. It was there in the older version on the home page itself.

This I think is a bit strategic.

Also there are very less accessories given in the Polo Accessory segment as compared to the previous version.

There is a complete overhall of Volkswagen india website. Do visit to see the changes. Just came across.

Yes its more Colourful now in Indian theme.
But I liked their previous one more' date=' whose Simple design theme was based on their Global Volkswagen Website.

But they removed the price list of accessories, which was earlier there in configure your polo caption. With this price list only i came to know the real price and the fitting charges applied by the dealer.

No frnd, its there. Check it out at;

dr_nishu2011-01-21 10:10:34

@dr_nishu

Thank you dr. nishu . I think missed due to excitement after seeing the new site?

Further i heard that vento deliveries have been delayed due to some production constraint( problem with production line) . Will it affect the polo deliveries too? Mine was supposed to be delivered this week. But no information so far.

Yes man.. The Configure Your Polo is very much in here in the models section..

@ashikawa:

And as far as Vento is concerned, I was told that Vento deliveries would be March onwards when I had inquired in September. But, by the time I got my car in December-end, there were already 3 Ventos plying on the roads of our town duly registered.

So this explanation is nothing other than an excuse to tackle customers. Just offer 20k to the Sales Executive and see how he reacts. Just try this.abhpom4u2011-01-21 10:20:00

The car configurator in the new VW India website isn't working. Seems to be under maintenance. Also few of the accessories which were earlier displayed are now stripped off.

VW has decided to be strict with the Indian Market it seems. Indians are no longer going to get the goodies which the Europeans enjoy. Seems pretty biased to me.

The car configurator in the new VW India website isn't working. Seems to be under maintenance.
They removed the customer care email details from the website. Also no response to the mails sent to customer care.

They removed the customer care email details from the website. Also no response to the mails sent to customer care.

Yes they've made a query form instead. But amazing to see that the car selection has manufacturers other than VW Group companies like BMW, Chevy, Ford, HM, Hyundai, Honda, Mahindra Renault, Maruti, MB, Nissan, Tata and Toyota too. Unable to understand how is the query form pertaining to all these manufacturers linked to the VW India Website..??

But whatever it is, all we are concerned is that our query should be solved, no matter how. Hope VW gives response to the queries properly now on.abhpom4u2011-01-21 17:40:03

But amazing to see that the car selection has manufacturers other than VW Group companies like BMW' date=' Chevy, Ford, HM, Hyundai, Honda, Mahindra Renault, Maruti, MB, Nissan, Tata and Toyota too.[/quote'] No, actually this column is know your present possession as the same form is used for those who are new to brand also.
But whatever it is' date=' all we are concerned is that our query should be solved, no matter how. Hope VW gives response to the queries properly now on.[/quote'] yesterday I have sent a query through this channel also, but no response till now.

here comes another shocker from VW POLO ..... the boot opener / vw logo comes at a cost of rs. 8000 / - ( fitting charges extra ) ....... front logo rs 1600 / - ....... think about the prices of another spare parts than : ((((((
nothing to be shocked about , a car with higher % imported parts will always cost more than its indian counterparts. However one has the choice to buy it or not.

I hope that with increasing demand localisation will increase and prices will come down. After some time spares like logo etc. will also be available as aftermarket/ delhi made.

Dear All Polo owners and the polo aspirants

after reading all the reviews, i feel the following is my conclusion

1. yes no doubt VW is a great brand in the world

2. VW polo or vento are very good cars

3. But as per their present situation in India, it takes 2 more years may be to streamline the things

4. it takes 2 years for them to localise the parts and also increase the service outlets

5. so till that time, it will be heavy on the pocket if you go for these cars

6. they have to reach to a situation like skoda people as they are very much improved in terms of pricing,spares cost and service availability

till that time it of your own risk to buy these cars and do not complain anything as these are the common things happen with any international company setting up the things in any country.

so there is no use of crying everyday after buying..this is my personal opinion and not to hurt VW or any of the owners

so decide cleverly guys..and go ahead

3. But as per their present situation in India, it takes 2 more years may be to streamline the things 4. it takes 2 years for them to localise the parts and also increase the service outlets 5. so till that time, it will be heavy on the pocket if you go for these cars 6. they have to reach to a situation like skoda people as they are very much improved in terms of pricing,spares cost and service availability

appreaciate your love for skoda cars, vw as well. The period required for localisation as per your quote i.e.2 years is covered with warranty( 2years standard). In normal cases it will require only 1 paid service i.e. first service in these 2 years period. So i feel thats a good news from you that it will localise its product in 2 years. And aspirants like me should rest assured and enjoy polo.

@ashikawa

I am not in love with skoda car, but it is fact that either skoda or VW are the good brands worldwide. with my experience of driving these cars in europe some years back, i rate them one of the great cars along with audi bmw in europe. In India skoda stepped in first and had lot of problems in initial days and it is good news that since last year they have addressed most of the problems like pricing,spare cost and service outlets

the reason for 2 years as i said, becoz i had been a supplier of some products to most of the automobile companies in india thru' from the company in which i worked as business head, hence i have fair idea of their present condition and i had a chance to visit most of thier plants once or twice and have seen real situation over there. so with this background i made those comments and i am happy that those were useful to you. yes it is a pride in being a VW car owner in India due to its class and technology. i wish you all the good luck with your VW car in future.

when a child is trying to grow...there will be teething problems...!!!

@ gurrala74

Nice to know, we have a experienced person here in the forum with field knowledge and information. I am waiting for delivery of polo which is already delayed by 6 weeks , hence total 19 weeks waiting period. You are true that really it will take some time for them to stablise themselves in indian market and improve their coustomer service which can be rated as fair as of now. Personally i liked polo very much. Skoda is also from the same stable and seems a good car. Frankly i don't have much knowledge about automobiles and polo will be my second car after maruti 800 owned for 2 years. Though i am driving car since i was 19. I liked the smooth gearshift, slow pick up in 1st gear( we almost take a walk with car in mumbai traffic sometimes, so car moving slowly without jerks is a very usefull feature for me) and interior and exterior quality of polo very much. Keep posting in forum.

VW sucks big time ..... after reading so many complaints about the POLO we had cancelled all our 4 polo's on 13th jan , and the dealer said refund payment by 20th jan max ... on 20th he said 25th ... on 25th he said guranteed payment on 29th jan .... today says by 2-3rd feb .... this VW guys are so unprofessional no ethics at all !!!! they are  charging us rs 5000/- for cancellation and than to taking so long ... Horrible : (((

this VW guys are so unprofessional no ethics at all !!!! they are? charging us rs 5000/- for cancellation and than to taking so long ... Horrible : (((
Everybody is a victim of pre sales but that doesn't make us cancel our bookings. Dealers are the real culprit. Hope with time things will change and people will be happy with the customer services of VW. I though about cancelling at times , test driven other cars and finally decided not to cancel and continue with polo.ashikawa2011-01-29 11:39:54

VW Sales Team is really very pathetic as per my experience. But the Service Team is just superb smiley32.gif

I have received my car back from the Workshop this Monday and it took them hardly 2days to finish off the work and hand me over my car. And the Workshop guys were very co-operative and sensible unlike the Sales Guys who know just how to get the booking cheque from the prospect.

I really appreciate the Service Station People.

People are usually comfortable with the buying procedures but are skeptical about the After Sales Service. But in my case(or rather VW Polo's case I must say), the Buying part was really very complicated one, but the After Sales part was an excellent experience.

I would give a 5-Star rating to VW After Sales Service.

VW sucks big time ..... after reading so many complaints about the POLO we had cancelled all our 4 polo's on 13th jan ' date=' and the dealer said refund payment by 20th jan max ... on 20th he said 25th ... on 25th he said guranteed payment on 29th jan .... today says by 2-3rd feb .... this VW guys are so unprofessional no ethics at all !!!! they are  charging us rs 5000/- for cancellation and than to taking so long ... Horrible : ((([/quote']

Rather than to Cancel your bookings. I'd advice you to go for Polo instead.

Its One of the best car available across the country with Unmatched bulid quality & Extremely capable German engineering.

What if you have seen the problem on few of the Polos, Afterall its a Machinery & anything can happen with it & the history is full of the Examples of the failures of Marvels in their beginning.

Since most the Polos are Plying on our Roads extremely well, its a better deal to Spend on them than on others.

Remember, 'India never felt to have at a home' on the 1st day of Maruti Suzuki or HH never became 'Desh ki Dhadkan' on its first day.

Please do Re-consider your decision.

Its One of the best car available across the country with?Unmatched bulid quality & Extremely capable?German engineering.

I totally agree with you Nishu.

The other day I was driving my car on the NH8 at moderate speeds. I was thought I was going a bit slow and people ahead were also driving slow. I wasn't able to understand as to why are people driving slowly on an open highway. So I flashed at the car in front of me (a Hyundai Accent). But even after repeated flashes and honking I did not get way. For a moment I took a glance at the speedo needle and it showed 120kmph smiley3.gif

Now if 120kmph feels like moderate speed sitting inside the car with windows closed, then how fast should the car be moving in order to feel that it is going fast..??

What I am trying to say is that the car is so well built that even at 120kmph it stays steady and has very good road grip. One really feels lot more safe inside.abhpom4u2011-01-29 19:40:52

Problem with VW Polo is not Polo: its VW. Polo is no doubt a much loved & admired car. It commands a second look whenever it goes.

However with a three month long waiting period and handful of dealers offering unsatisfying buying experience, prospective customers have to think twice before shelling out the money.

Long waiting period is not arising out of huge demand: its mainly due to production constraint. With a sub 2k monthly sale figure, VW is not well prepared to cater to demand of Polo. VW should be able to produce around 4k Polo per month. Else this sad story of long waiting period will continue.

On the other hand : It would be interesting to see the impact of Etios Liva & Honda Brio on Polo's waiting period. Launch of both these cars might reduce the waiting period of Polo by around 50%.