creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

Don't worry about having to spend for Mudflaps or mats. Its the same with all VW dealers atleast in my city Bangalore. I have heard if you know the dealer really well, you could get these mats and mudflaps free. Don't know if its really worth all that headache.

Hi everyone. Just today booked a VW Polo Diesel Trendline. My god!! The dealer wont even offer for free mudflaps or the mats. forget about other stuffs.!!

Note from Mod: No salutations or thanks messages & post in normal/regular fonts & sizes.
sgiitk2011-02-13 12:47:23

Hello Everyone.. i am back now.. since i forgot my password. had created another account - Devil sri. now some how managed to recall the password.. and loggd in my previous account.

@Avinash- yah thanks buddy for the info :)

waiting period quoted is around 2 months. meanwhile having other plans too. so there may be a chance that i might cancel the booking. still yet to decide. till then fingers crossed smiley2.gif

avinash@

i will answer your question, becoz

life means not only VW Polo and every day is important in life. if you wait for 4 months for a car it is not sensible in this SPACE-AGE.

good luck to all VW aspirants...

avinash@

i will answer your question' date=' becoz

life means not only VW Polo and every day is important in life. if you wait for 4 months for a car it is not sensible in this SPACE-AGE.

good luck to all VW aspirants... [/quote'] Day before yesterday my friend bought a swift. it took whole three months to get the same in mumbai. keeping in view that the VW is new in this segment, the waiting a not too unreasonable. So waiting is not a case with VW alone.ashikawa2011-02-12 11:28:33

ashikawa@

waiting for VW polo makes some sense i agree, but waiting for swift for 3 months, its a surprise becoz its a 6 year old model and a much better car ritz is available immediately and you have more options these days market is flooded with cars, punto, figo all these cars are good cars and ritz is just worth money and with a great space inside.

so waiting for months together is is ruled out in these days for any brand of car

These are the days the dealers should wait for customers to come and not we.

ashikawa@

so waiting for months together is is ruled out in these days for any brand of car

These are the days the dealers should wait for customers to come and not we.

Agree. But this is what is happening. And people are preferring to wait, instead of settling for some so called good options which they don't like. like i am doing right now. ashikawa2011-02-12 16:25:50

I understand that every day is important in life, rather every moment is precious. I am a spiritual guy and I realize the value of every moment. For me personally a car is just a vehicle to move around but for many (or few) its more than that. So, they get very critical or their feelings are hurt if things dont go their way and hence the question.

Waiting again is a personal choice. If someone is ready to wait for few months for a car, then thats his choice and vice-versa.

Anyways, good luck.

life means not only VW Polo and every day is important in life. 

Note from Mod: Use normal fonts & sizes while creating a post.

You have been warned earlier also for this, consider this a final warning before a formal action is initiated.
sgiitk2011-02-13 12:41:26

@devil sri: Congratulations for booking the Polo TDI. I have heard that if you are buying a German car, it should be a diesel as petrols are for the Japanese. Though I have laid my hands on the Petrol Polo considering my less usage. But I am satisfied with the Petrol motor response as well.

As far as the waiting period is concerned, the initial waiting period told at the time of booking is subject to change later on as per the availability and the reputation of the dealer. Some dealers can provide you the car few weeks before the priorly mentioned delivery date. Whereas there may be cases where the delivery may postpone for a month or so.

There are two criteria for availability of cars prior to the delivery date:

1) Giving you the car which was earlier alloted to someone else

2) Booking cancelled and car arrives

In the first case, it is a malpractice to give you the keys of the car which was alloted to someone else. This happens when the original owner whom the car was alloted to is very calm and is ready to wait and listen to anything that the dealer says. And the buyer whom the car has been sold in lieu is either very aggressive or may have paid some ON MONEY to get the car. In such cases, the originally alloted buyer suffers as delayed delivery.

In the second case, people tend to cancel their bookings and move over to some other brand and hence there are many cancellations due to long waiting period. Or many may change their mind and drop the idea of buying a new car after booking. In this case, the orders that have been passed over to VW will continue as a normal manufacturing. These cars arrive at the showroom and remain there as the bookings have been cancelled. Here the new buyers get a good opportunity to get the delivery within days of booking.

When I had been to take the delivery of my Petrol Polo, I was told that there is a whole lot of Petrol Polos lying in their stock yard and one can choose a colour or the trim level if one wished to. And that they'll be able to give the delivery within 3-4 days if booked then.

i was seriously looking to buy VW polo but i am sorry friends after reading all the reviews here and the waiting period given by the dealer, i just left the option of going for polo.

i went to a figo dealer day before yesterday and i told him that i wanted black color titanium model diesel and he offered me the same today with a nice on road price of 6.30L on road.

i just bought the car today and happy with my decision !!

@gurrala74

Figo is a great VFM and a good car. But no comparison can be done between the two, as they belong to different segments. BTW you can benefit figo forums with your experience with new possession. Opting for a car is a very subjective and individual choice.

There are two criteria for availability of cars prior to the delivery date:
1) Giving you the car which was earlier alloted to someone else
2) Booking cancelled and car arrives

Correctly said abh.

@Ashikawa;

I think the delay in your Polo's delivery is the Point-1 from above.

Go to your VW Dealer immediately & ask him seriously about the Delivery of your car. If needed Do Warn him for lodging a complaint.

By this you'll definitely come across the Actual Reason behind the delay.

i went to a figo dealer day before yesterday and i told him that i wanted black color titanium model diesel and he offered me the same today with a nice on road price of 6.30L on road.
i just bought the car today and happy with my decision !!

Congrats gurrala for buying the New Ford Figo.

Its really a Great All-rounder car.

Do share some of her pics & Initial Ownership experience by beginning the Specifically new thread in Reader's Test Team Section 
dr_nishu2011-02-13 18:36:58

Polo owners I heard about some changes in new polo( Feb,2011 onwards), is there anyone who could tell me the actual changes in the new Polo Highline. I heard about discontinuation of rear power windows on driver seat and is there anything else which changed. please tell me asap as I have to book a polo soon. and so I needed some info about it.

-----------

No salutations, sign offs. Use proper spelling & punctuation. Mods

sgiitk2011-02-16 15:45:37

VW Polo is really a good product and worth to buy the car. But irresponsible sales people are making customers to wait for indefinite period.I will cut and paste Email conversation between a proposed VW Polo buyer and MD of VW Dealer in another thread.

@Ashikawa;

I think the delay in your Polo's delivery is the Point-1 from above.

Go to your VW Dealer immediately & ask him seriously about the Delivery of your car. If needed Do Warn him for lodging a complaint.

By this you'll definitely come across the Actual Reason behind the delay.

Actually after complaining at all levels, now i am assured that i will get the car in 4th week of feb 11. i am also given engine and chasis no. of the car. Hoping a quick delivery now. Soon update the thread with a comprehensive buying experience with pics.

hey hi polo owners i heard about some changes in new polo( feb' date='2011 onwards), is there anyone who could tell me the actual changes in the new polo highline. i heard about discontinuation of rear power windows on driver seat and is there anything else which changed. please tel me asap as i hv to book a polo soon. and so i needed some info about it.

thanks in advance.[/quote']

Each door has it own window control, driver no longer has control of all windows and you cannot control windows from remote aymore. But they added electronic external rear view mirror.

@Ashikawa: I think I had a discussion with you about VW's extreme delays in delivering cars. I'm sad to see you still have not received yours because we had this discussion 1-2 months ago. I know for a fact that I am definitely turned away from VW and their products now. asethi9192011-02-14 16:29:23

Thanks a lot 'Nanoodhaliwal'. And u sure about the opening and closing of windows through key as in POLO's official Indian site its written that " Power locks with remote transmitters, includes 2 keys with remote opening and closing of windows " . So please confirm this thing asap.

Thanks Again. smiley1.gif

Thanks a lot 'Nanoodhaliwal'. And u sure about the opening and closing of windows through key as in POLO's official Indian site its written that " Power locks with remote transmitters' date=' includes 2 keys with remote opening and closing of windows " . So please confirm this thing asap.
Thanks Again. smiley1.gif [/quote']

That Opening & Closing of Windows externally is Operated by its Foldable Desmodronic key basically. So expect that feature retained in its Highline version.

The changes are Restricted only to its Highline version, these are;

dsc0122jz.jpg 

-The Rear Power Windows are now can't be Operated from Driver's Power Window switch console.

-The Outside Mirrors are Electrically Adjustable now, instead of Manual operated ones in previous Highline version.

Actually after complaining at all levels' date=' now i am assured that i will get the car in 4th week of feb 11. i am also given engine and chasis no. of the car. Hoping a quick delivery now. [/quote']

That's really a Good thing ashikawa.

Hope this future process will also be completed ASAP.
dr_nishu2011-02-14 18:34:20

And u sure about the opening and closing of windows through key as in POLO's official Indian site its writ. 

Yup my brother bought a highline.

Edit: I don't think Polo website is up to date. They don't have electronic exterior rear view mirrors mentioned either.

Sorry for double post Mods can you merge these posts. Thanks

Posts merged.
BornFree2011-02-15 14:21:12