creativebala

VW Polo, the real big thing

@Ashikawa: Please let me know when you have booked the car?My cousin has booked on 25th nov and they committed to deliver the car before Jan 25th.But till date he has not received any confirmed delivery commitment from Dealer.
My booking was in first week of october 2010, commitment was for 1st or 2nd week of jan 2011 but after delay i am getting in 4th week of feb 11. So total 5 months waiting period.***EDIT*** what was committed to your cousin seems something impossible as his booking is almost two months after mine.ashikawa2011-02-16 08:58:57

Yeah it seems dealer bluffed and given false commitment.Communication between VW-Dealer-Customer is very poor.
Actually dealer may be a culprit, but it's true that their are some constraints on supply side also. And delay is different for various trims and fuel options. In addition ask your cousin to contact several dealers as their is a additional supply of cars due to cancellations and some dealers may have additional stock, which you can get by offering them some premium. But in that case you will be paying the increased price applicable from jan 1st 2011. So better stick to your booking and have some patience, i also adopted the same policy because i know that this the best product available as on date.

I admire your patience. Waiting 4-5 months to receive a car. I personally wouldn't have waited 4-5 days even if it meant changing the car I am buying. I sincerely think you should explore what legal actions you can take against VW. 5 months wait cant possibly be justified or legal.

I admire your patience. Waiting?4-5 months to receive a car. I personally wouldn't have waited 4-5 days even if it meant changing the car I am buying. I sincerely think you should explore what legal actions you can take against VW. 5 months wait cant possibly be justified or legal.
Actually i have gone through a lot of mental trauma during this waiting period. This is the car which i like most. Sometimes things does not go according to our choices. Ok finally i am getting it next week.

I understand your liking for the car. It certainly is a great car and at the top of my list right now too but such unprofessional behaviour should not be accepted. They should me made to take responsibility and have to pay for the harassment they have caused. A simple sorry isnt enough.

Since the dealership is new to Mangalore.. the dealer has told me the waiting period would be 45- 60 days at the max. they have delivered few polo's within a month too. i checked with other buyers too. n most of them managed to get thier polo within 2 months smiley1.gif

well for those who asked me . why i was planning to cancel. i just got some other plans and its not due to the waiting period and i am in no hurry too.

however so far i did not cancel my booking yet. since the annual budget is round the corner. i will wait for it and then think and decide on what i will do.smiley1.gif

hey guys today i went to VW showroom to ask about the Polo's waiting period and the recent changes in polo . He told me as follows :

1. Addition of electrically adjustable ORVMs.

2. Deduction of remote opening/closing windows.

3. Controls for the rear windows removed from driver seat.

4. No Auto UP/Down for any windows.

5. No Anti-Pinch protection in any windows.

6. Rise in prices (7.10 lakhs ex-showroom (karnal))

7. Waiting period is different for different colours.

So all-in-all its a highly dissappointment for the polo's recent upgrade or downgrade. Whatever..!!

@Ashikawa:The blasting letter send by cousin got result. The car has reached the dealer on 18th Feb.They provided Engine No & Chasis No in last week.We paid balance amount and Invoice has generated.Tomorrow my brother in law is reaching town and we will take delivery by evening.Today they are doing Teflon coating and Anti rust coating.We booked the car on 25th nov 2010 and getting on 23rd Feb 2010.

@Ashikawa:The blasting letter send by cousin got result. The car has reached the dealer on 18th Feb.They provided Engine No & Chasis No in last week.We paid balance amount and Invoice has generated.Tomorrow my brother in law is reaching town and we will take delivery by evening.Today they are doing Teflon coating and Anti rust coating.We booked the car on 25th nov 2010 and getting on 23rd Feb 2010.
This is why i advised you not to cancel the booking and stick to it. You ensure that you get the vehicle at the old price i.e. applicable before 31st Dec 2010. If you need any documentary proof of the price protection for those booked before 31st of Dec. 2010, you can PM me your email adress, i will send it to you. ***EDIT*** Though i think you wont need it. As the dealers have already started to honor this commitment of VW after a lot of complaints from customers.

Further i too expect a delivery by the end of this week.
ashikawa2011-02-23 06:42:01

smiley4.gif Just informed by the sales executive that the car has been registered , got registration number also and tomorrow i am getting the delivery after a long wait of 5 months. Wont' get sleep tonight.ashikawa2011-02-26 12:49:11

I hope the dealer gives you lots and lots of free accessories and services. And the car serves you for a long time without any trouble. You deserve it more than anyone else for the patience you have shownsmiley1.gif.

I hope the dealer gives you lots and lots of free accessories and?services. And the car serves you for a long time without any trouble. You deserve it more than anyone else for the patience you have shownsmiley1.gif.
Actually VW dealers don't give any free accessories. but yes i expect them to provide good after sale service at least. BTW i am very happy today. It was really troublesome to wait so long.

Got MY POLO on Sunday.smiley1.gif

Enjoying it very much. Will be back soon with comprehensive pre-sales and delivery experience( which i am drafting as of now) off course with a lot of pictures. A humble advise to all polo seekers: if you are waiting for delivery and angry due the delay. Please have patience . Its worth to wait, you won't regret waiting for it.

How do I upload my car images?

No salutations, signatures in text.

At the moment there is a problem with linking third party sites (Image Shack was the preferred one). So hold your horses

sgiitk2011-02-28 16:14:58

Got MY POLO on Sunday.smiley1.gif
Enjoying it very much. Will be back soon with comprehensive pre-sales and delivery experience

Congrats for getting your Polo ashikawa.
We're eagerly waiting for your views.

How do I upload my car images?

Try www.imgur.com or

Search for a new car

In year 2009 around October I thought of buying a new car. The search started. Chevy spark , i10 were on my mind. Then suddenly beat and figo came into picture and after extensive search I decided to buy a beat LS, which seem sufficient to cater my needs.

As days passed we keep on searching internet forums to confirm that our decision of buying a beat is good one . Due to personal reasons the plans to buy a new car kept on hold. And then suddenly we decided to extend our budget and go for a medium size car instead of a compact one. Sedan was ruled out from the beginning because we never found it viable to have a sedan in Mumbai keeping in view the tight parking spaces and heavy traffic.

We again started searching for cars, this time Swift vxi, i20-era and Polo TL were on mind. My budget was 5 to 5.5 Lac. So swift vxi, i20 era, and polo TL were my options. First we were about to book a swift vxi(5.3 Lac), but later found a 3 months waiting period and speculation of a new model as turn offs , I did not like the looks also. Then we considered i20 era , but found the price(5.4 Lac) for base model a little high keeping in view the equipment level and steering rattle issues in all auto forums. Then saw polo TL (5.10 Lac) with VW badge and with some good features on base model itself( tilt and telescopic steering, front power window, central locking). Went to showroom . Wife like the car at first sight. Taken a short test drive. Quality was premium. Immediately booked one on Octo. 9, 2010 with a assurance of delivery in 3rd week of Jan 11.(Note: During the decision making period I read thousands of pages all over the internet about all the cars considered by me and interviewed all my friends who own some of these.) This might be one of the biggest search I made for something.

And the wait